If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Woefull Wigmore

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by kod »

Thought I'd get in wth the title for this one >:(
Result to follow
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

title well thought out chrisse lad bet that took hour o two t work out :rofl :rofl :rofl
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Bullah »

Sounds sadly ominous :facepalm :'( :facepalm
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by kod »

Sounds sadly ominous  :facepalm :'( :facepalm

All those who decided to miss this one will be forced to fish it three times next year :rofl :rofl :rofl

Oh, and those who took an early bath :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Obi »

title well thought out chrisse lad bet that took hour o two t work out Image Image Image

Well..he had about 5hrs to think it up yesterday Chris :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Bullah »

I was asked to help out a friends team, they were a man short.... all paid for, and 3 free bags of groundbait after the match, couldn't turn it down..... only had 2 fish, and lost 2, still weighed 11lb odd
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by TK »

Woeful Wigmore' :shifty

Yep that title did cross my mind yesterday (after 5 mins, not 5 hrs OBI), :P but I didn't want to use it as I didn't want to discredit the venue as I genuinely feel it has a lot to offer..........I just honestly cant get my head around what went wrong (again) as I've seen it a much different light.

I'd booked the venue again for this year as I felt we needed to ‘exorcise a ghost', but as things turned out the Cashmores Crew were well and truly haunted by the experience. Image

But let's just whip back in time as to how the day unfolded............... Image

Cockadoodledoo Mark 2 picked me up with a surprise gift of a couple of dozen of his best yolkers :thumsup – and very nice they turned out to be as half way to the venue I received a call from SWMBO advising that she'd quaffed three scrambled eggs for her breckie. 8-) Must confirm her findings as my three egg omelette went down a treat for breckie this morning. :joy Ta Cockadoodledoo Mark 2 :tiphat

Cockadoodledoo Mark 2's expertise with his cocks is obviously far in advance of his navigational skills by the way as I thought we'd got lost on the way, despite him reassuring me that the venue was ‘only just down the road' despite me pointing out the sign that said ‘Rhyl 5 miles' :rofl

Having picked up some rock for the guys I was greeted by OBI who handed over the preordered bacon butties and enquired if I wanted his spare trolley. ‘Did I want his trolley'? – yep I did, some of the pegs can be a hike to – well 50 yards......

Fast forward 6 hrs to the weigh in..... :shifty

‘It's Billy no mates' quipped KOD with the scales ‘Bet you've bagged up here all on your own'

Had I crappity smack :rage

Rewind 6 hours to the draw.....

Peg 22 stuck to my donny. ‘Hum, where's that?' I thought as I could see permanent 39 just to my left. ‘Gunna be a hike round the pool to 22, lets load up the trolley'. But it wasn't a hike – as I found our peg dropped on perm 39 – sods law, Ive gorra new trolley and I've only gorra walk 10 yards. :rofl

As it turned out that was the one saving grace of the day.......... :'(

Cuss I'd got nobody ‘next door' to have a bit of banter with :'( as next peg down was Tricast who was ‘miles away' and out of sight. Right next time the MP3 player (I cor afford an Ipod) is coming out.

Talking of Tricast, I'd pulled out 20 as the golden peg, so just before the off i popped to see him and tell him ‘No pressure yam on the GP'

‘Well that's safe today - I'm gunna (is that Yorkie speak?) :D gi it harf ower then I'm off' despite me assuring him he would sack up if he adopted TK's tactics...... :shifty

Well what else is there to report............. Image

The whistle came and went. On a personal front I was up for it – the most prepared I'd been for a match in ages :thumsup .........I'd even wasted some bish bosh on pellets the day before :o with of course the usual get out of jail tactics.......

As the day progressed I found myself struggling to keep up with Cotti ‘opposite' who looked to have a decent peg

(He wasn't really that close – I zoomed in) :P

I didn't see my nearest neighbours to my right setting the world to light either....

Talking of nearest neighbours and looking at the results sheets, interesting to see that HaHa (next to Harry the Hitman) was ‘miles away' and out of sight. Come to mention it I don't think MrV and Cockadoodledoo Mk 2 were exactly on adjoining pegs, but I'll always stand corrected on that one....

Anyway, waffle over and time for the tale of the scales

PEG
1 BRAMBLES 0.8.0
2 TOMMY COOPER DRY
3 HARRY THE HITMAN DRY
4 HAHA 9.5.0
6 YAMO 6.7.0
7 CARLOS 3.8.0
8 BIG BAZ 3.11.0
9 PHIL B 1.2.0
10 KOD 2.1.0
11 ZORRO 6.0.0
12 COCKADOODLEDOO Mk 2 9.5.0
13 MR V 9.6.0
14 DARK HOSS 3.5.0
15 DAZ 3.7.0
16 ROBERTO 3.14.0
17 MIKE THE PIKE 3.14.0
18 OBI 3.6.0
19 COTTI DRY
20 TRICAST 12.0.0 GP
22 TK 1.9.0

Yep a complete disaster. :rage :rage :rage The ‘tidiest' I'd fished a ‘commercial' venue in ages, but it just daint happen – I couldn't even get out of jail on the silvers – they just were not there.......or if they were, they didn't want a peck :'(

On a parting shot, last time I cajole Tricast and MrV into turning out.....especially as the treasurer not feeling too well having to get his wallet out again :D

Ps – another parting shot – if anyone one moans about our cut again – coincidentally next match up - they are likely to be facing an early bath..................in it. :fistycuffs
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Biggcol »

Nice bit of waffle there boss :thumsup
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by MrV »

Nice write up as usual TK. The venue looks the business, but it is obvious after 2 Cashmores matches it will not cope with 20 anglers on there. Even worse is we fish it on Saturdays and they have a match on it Friday evenings  :( :(.

It was another one of those where the manager came round with an hour left and said we had pegged it all wrong  :fistycuffs :fisticuffs

For me, it was an out and out silvers attack. Caster, maggot and G/B, with one area receiving a pot of choppy throughout looking for some better skimmers. Needless to say, I had 4 fish on the choppie, which were a total of about 8oz for the 4 of em  :rofl :rofl

All my fish came top 2 to hand, with red maggot over caster. Hardly had a bite with caster on the hook  :-/ :-/

Well done Bruv on the win  :tiphat :tiphat

Top marks to the weighers in as usual  :tiphat (especially as they managed to find the extra ounce to put me second)  :rofl :rofl Nice one lads  :thumsup

PS. Have we had the result of the stewards enquiry yet? Apparently Daz reckons Tricast fed 5 buckets of G/B throughout, while Tricast says he only had 1/5th kilo in each bucket :rofl :rofl :facepalm :facepalm :fistycuffs
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Biggcol »

Yes Mr v I noticed my 9lb 8oz went to 9lb 5oz costing me 2nd spot. Must keep an eye on yamos dodgy eye :o :D
Should have won it anyway after losing 4carp due to turning round talking to people on my peg,mentioning no names kod. Barry love telling me all the wrong pegs went in wen I thought big baz was a regular up there . The lads being pegged in the first bay after last year being told that the erea was c rap because it is too shallow hence the dnw s (final thought is not a match venue,move on)
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by kod »

From what I saw col you didn't need any help with me stood behind you to miss or loose fish :rofl :rofl :rofl

To be fair TK could really find anything remotely amusing about the place, checked the website before going took all me pellets out so as not to break any fishery rules and intended to purchase there own pellets only to find the place SHUT :surprise >:( (won't make that mistake again)
Thanks to the members who offered to help me out :thumsup
decided to go with ground bait feeder and chopped worm
Only to find left all me feeders at home :'(
Many thanks to phil and Carlos for helping me out with that :thumsup :tiphat :tiphat

So After five hours woefull was quite mild ;)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

crackin write up boss as normal :thumsup :tiphat
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Obi »

especially as they managed to find the extra ounce to put me second
Yes Mr v I noticed my 9lb 8oz went to 9lb 5oz costing me 2nd spot.

Glad I wasn't doing the weigh in again :rofl :rofl :rofl
‘Did I want his trolley'? – yep I did

You can put it to good use moving your bags of compost and geraniums around Chateau Kulics grounds :rofl :rofl
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by TK »

Today I have mostly been.....

Having triple egg omolette for breckie (again)

In between the showers moving me geraniums about

Consuming ham, double egg and chips for me tea :D
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Biggcol »

I think I'm going to start taking orders for me eggs tone,got so many now all my chicken s have started laying and my new 20ft pollytunnel will be full of vegs soon,already got more lettuce n cabbage that a herd of goats could eat. :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by TK »

I stopped the missus buying a lettuce tonight cuss there was on the way :whistle
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Biggcol »

I stopped the missus buying a lettuce tonight cuss there was on the way  :whistle

It's in the post as we speak :rofl
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by Biggcol »

Joking apart criss I did offer you my other rod plus feeder pellets n hair rigs ext. The way you three were pegged all together when there was empty pegs I think ide ov gone home >:( n like I said that first bay we were told last year was rubbish n how many people we're put in there this time round with a couple of dnw n low weights .is it only me who thinks about these things? Were possible I'll peg out in future n give everybody a chance.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by MrV »

Pegging out is a thankless task Col. Nobody can suit everybody, and at the end of the day, it is always a debating point after every match as to where pegs should have/could have been.
I was very surprised at the big gaps left out, and thought it was done due to "local knowledge". Barry Love told me he had intended helping peg out, but then had to help out with transferring fish from the stock ponds. I don't think the match would have been any different using different pegs. I believe it was down to too many anglers on the water to improve weights. :-/
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woefull Wigmore

Unread post by YAMO »

.is it only me who thinks about these things?  Were possible I'll peg out in future n give everybody a chance.

No its not only you who thinks about these things. Everyone who pegs out does their best, but criticism undoubtedly follows. Remember when we walked length of Trent at Sharratts in yellow stream rain only to be criticised for pegging out??? It's a thankless task Col you know that.