If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

River matches

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

River matches

Unread post by Conna »

I'm looking forward to the river matches.  I can't wait to do a bit of proper fishing for a change.  To me Bass Island is a brilliant and fair venue.  I'm not blowing my own trumpet when I say that I have won the last 6 matches there and they have all been on different pegs which is why I believe it is a very fair venue.  A lot of people don't fish rivers very often due to the easy access and amount of fish you can catch at the commercial fisheries these days so I think largely people have become idle in their approach to fishing and as a result their skill level in that area has suffered too, as the old saying goes "if you don't use it you lose it".  I'm the sort of bloke that will give info freely if I know something, all they have to do is ask.  I won't simply just offer it freely but I'll always give the best advice I can if someone approaches me wants to learn something no matter how good or bad they are.  I actually gave Kevin Ashurst some advice once and felt proud to do so even though he was fishing the next peg to me, I still whipped his ass though lol.  Some people just won't give you the time of day though which makes beating them all the more sweeter ;).  When I started fishing commercials 3 years ago I was struggling to say the least, anyone can catch Carp but it still requires skill to catch enough to win and I used to ask people for advice and didn't get much in return really on the matches.  One match in particular I drew a peg and asked a bloke who knew the venue what I should do on it and this is what he said, and I quote "f**k off I know what your like" and carried on walking.  I can't tell you how saddened I was that day and vowed I would never be like that.  So through the internet and a few people who do give me advice I have now become quite adapt on commercials, I'm no superstar but I am working on it lol.  Anyway this started about rivers and now I'm giving you my soddin life story lol.  So if anyone reading this knows me and want's some advice if they think I can help them in any way at all please don't be embarrased to approach me and ask especially where the rivers are concerned.  "Yawn" lol.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

River matches

Unread post by Simple »

Im crap on rivers full stop and pools and canals :D I think I agree, fishing a river requires more patience and and determination.
Well I ain't got a clue so you know I will be coming to you for some info on those days. I'm the sort of person that will try before I ask though.
If I have tryed and can't cacth then I would ask. :-[ :-[
Looking forward to these matches anyhoo, will make a nice change from catching all them carp :P
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

River matches

Unread post by Conna »

It won't be long now for Bass Island, I can't wait for this one :) It's what fishing is all about but I suppose only the usual 12 anglers will turn up. If any of the club members or anyone else for that matter want some advice on the rivers you only have to ask, I have never had any secrets or ever will have. I can't see the point in keeping stuff to yourself at club level, were mostly all mates and there to help eachother, at least thet's what I thought. It's different I suppose if your team fishing against felow club members because you have to consider the other members of your team and the teams chances of winning but individually I have no problem with sharing my info. There are some people who won't give you thr time of day though and it's always a pleasure to smack their a**e lol.