If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 4 2015 - Bullah bags up on the W E

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

After a week of torrential downpours the Cashmores Crew were off to their club waters on the Wyrley & Essington Canal at Fishley – but just how would the cut hold up after the influx of cold water? :-/

The gate was opened early and some poor old soul missed out on all the prematch banter waiting all on their Jack Jones on the gate for 35 minutes for the suspected undeclared no shows.......well lesson learnt, never again  :nono

As well as the preceding rain, there was the wind to combat today as it was blowing a bit of a Hooley down the cut.  :rage

‘Where do you fancy today TK?' someone asked.

‘Pegs 2 – 6 (he thought to himself to get out of the wind), but I dow really wanna draw one of em cuss I dow want the long walk' was the reply. :shifty

KOD sorted the draw and the usual suspects found themselves on all the flyers. :whistle  It was quite amusing at the draw. A couple of walking wounded pegs were put in, but they were ‘declined' (to get out of the wind???) as those members concerned drew virtually at either end of the match length, with Mike the Pike especially excited to draw peg 1 as he'd won off that one before. Off the ‘ran' down the bank.......  :rofl

With all the flyers gone, TK put in his thumb and pulled out a plum........

Peg 3  Image

To make matters worse from a treasurers perspective, the golden peg was also in jeopardy as ‘drawbag' Big Col found himself on it  :surprise

Anyway onto the match and what can I say? :D

Down on the low nos the hoped for breme shoals down there that had been clocked earlier in the week didn't put in an appearance  :'( :'( :'(  – plenty of small stuff was showing along with Mike the Pikes pet Essox Lucius which took a liking to Dazzlers choppie.  :toungeout

In the absence of any beasties, Big Baz wanted an early bath as he could only catch bits from the 17 lines he had fished,  :o  but couldn't cuss he was locked in.  :rofl  And as for those small silvers, well they even disappeared once the first boat  :o put in an appearance at 2 hours into the match. 

In fact after that, the ‘writer' only snared two more bits as the Spanish Armada  :rofl  made its way down the cut.......all 18 of em   :rofl resulting in him packing up with 45 mins to go

However elsewhere on the match length it was nip and tuck  :shifty  as reports of the capture of tincas and skimmers filtered through.......

All packed away, it wasn't too long before Abbott and Costello – ooops slip of the tongue there,  :P   I mean that other double act Tricast and Cotti - plodded down the towpath with the scales

There wasn't much to report of the early begs with Zorros catch of bottletops being the ‘best bag' on the scales........augers well for the cut in the next couple of seasons if they all grow on   :cheerleader  :thumsup

Moving further on, Cockadoodledo was cock a hoop to have battered Big Col off the next peg  :nana – mind it could have been a different story for a couple of lost tincas on the adjacent peg  :whistle :whistle :whistle

After the last match at Hanchurch, Tricast had confided that he'd put up all his gear for sale on fleabay. As it turned out, he'd only fished today cuss the reserve price of 99p for it hadn't been reached  :nana

Next up was Cotti. Now as Cotti had recently lost his mojo, the camera man thought he'd better take a couple of snaps of him with his quarry today, especially when the first one turned out with a usual Cotti sulk  :nana

Top of the table Blues  (Cashmores league table , not League 1 of course)  :P  had got out of jail today but would only allow his picture to be taken on the assurances that the camera man 'got his hat in'

Steve (cum on guys we gorra think of a name for him) Porter confided that he too had lost a beastie ‘that just took off'

Last but not least – the KOD

No wander they all caught a few up that end of the cut - you can see it was like a mill pond up there  :D  :P

I could have swore Bullah had had his picture taken too, but it just couldn't have turned out.........strange that.  Image  The camera man must have accidentally deleted it.......anyway, all we need now is the tale of the scales once KOD sends em me.......
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

I could have swore Bullah had had his picture taken too, but it just couldn't have turned out.........strange that. Image The camera man must have accidentally deleted it....
My my, what a surprise..... of course... it was a pure accident and totally unconnected to the incident when I messed up a picture of the cameramans huge perch, some years back ;) :whistle
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I could have swore Bullah had had his picture taken too, but it just couldn't have turned out.........strange that.  Image  The camera man must have accidentally deleted it....
My my, what a surprise..... of course... it was a pure accident and totally unconnected to the incident when I messed up a picture of the cameramans huge perch, some years back  ;) :whistle

As if :whistle :whistle :whistle
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by MICK E »

Made a mistake of trying to do a normal draw but as always, many thanks to all the cashmores crew for all the help and offers to get me to my peg you are all a great bunch of guys thanks again :thumsup :thumsup :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Steve porter. With ears like that I'm thinking big cup. :rofl
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Who did what from where - the tale of the scales......

PEG
1 MIKE THE PIKE 1.15.12
2 BIG BAZ 0.9.0
3 TK 4.4.0
4 ZORRO 2.0.0
5 DAZ 1.7.0
6 MRV 2.6.12
7 DEADPEG 0.14.3
8 OBI 1.13.7
9 BIG COL 3.5.3 G P
10 COCKADOODLEDOO 5.13.11
THE WALKOVER BRIDGE
17 COTTI 8.3.6
18 TRICAST 8.1.0
19 BULLAH 9.6.14
20 YAMO 1.6.0
21 TREV B 0.4.3
22 BLUES 4.0.4
23 ROBERTO 0.11.7
24 STEVE PORTER 3.13.13
25 PHIL B 0.10.6
26 KOD 6.1.0

So well done Bullah - no excuse to miss the presentation night next year ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oh by the way :shifty :shifty :shifty

At great expense I've spent the afternoon around an IT expert :shifty :shifty :shifty

After 6 hours and as I said before, at great expense, he's managed to 'extract' that missing picture of winner Bullah

Bullah the bagging machine

.....or was that just all a load of Bullah :D :nana
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Was that an attempt at smiling or was he holding summat in :nana :rofl :rofl well done KID :thumsup
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

It was just wind Col and cheers mate :thumsup :thumsup
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

brill write up boss an well done bully lad :thumsup :tiphat
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

It was just wind Col and cheers mate :thumsup :thumsup

Wind!!! I had the calmest peg on the cut....until the hurricane started on peg 7. Image Image
It went on for most of the match Image Image :facepalm :facepalm

Well done Bullah, and the rest of the framers. I thought we were on for a good day when Daz hooked a slab on his plummet while setting up :D :D. But it wasn't to be and we were all left scratting around for little skimmers and Rudd. Enjoyed the banter lads :thumsup :thumsup

Oh... highlight of my day, and a few more people I think, was when TK left his gear by the bridge and went off following the scales with his camera. We were standing in the car park, when a dog walker came along and his greyhound duly pi**ed up TK's box :rofl :rofl :rofl
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

until the hurricane started on peg 7

You were lucky...I was sandwiched between the hurricane on peg 7 and the bloke on peg 8 spitting his dummies out  Image Image Image...1 even landed in his keepnet...mind you he did give up moaning after the 3rd barge came thro ..gave it up as a lost cause when he spotted the other 10 chugging up the cut at 1 minute intervals  :fisticuffs

greyhound duly pi**ed up TK's box  Image Image Image

Class ..love it...Heinzer will have that lovely aroma traveling to next match :rofl :rofl :rofl

Well done Bullah :tiphat
DEAD PEG
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by DEAD PEG »

No kidding Mr v and OB1 it was blowing a right hooly in my peg
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

I was by the open fields an it was blowing a hooly all morning then it stopped suddenly, I think dead peg walked up to Tk :cheerleader :rofl :rofl
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

I noticed the usual drawbags went running off to their pegs again .You know who u r >:( :rage
N me down wind from dead peg,(great) :whistle
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

greyhound duly pi**ed up TK's box  Image Image Image

Class ..love it...Heinzer will have that lovely aroma traveling to next match :rofl :rofl :rofl

[/quote]

And there was me thinking I was on the ring and ride when Big Col dropped me back home :rofl :rofl :rofl
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Is that wat that smell was. I thought it was that old fuc ker Tk,was going to bring the man pads for him on next match lol ::)
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

Thanks all.... my first win, ( probably even first framing place) with cashmores. :thumsup... amazing what a difference turning up makes, who would have thought it :rofl
On a serious note, my match started well, 3 skimmers and a roach in the first 4 put ins, 5th put in, I bumped a skimmer..... the line died..... I scraped around for the next 4 hour 45 mins for a couple of tench, one or two perch and the odd micro roach.
Id already made up my mind to fish a positive match, as man-flu doesn't bode well with squatt and punch fishing, and it looks like the decision was right, for once :tiphat
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I wonder if Rip Van Carlos :rofl will make the next match :whistle :whistle :whistle
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Why does looking at Bullahs photo make me think of The Blues Brothers Go Fishing ?
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient