If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 14

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Grueller match 14

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Grueller 14 - Four Seasons in one day !

The Grueller army turned out today in a return to Calf Heath Marina waters , 2 weeks after our last visit and eagerly anticipating a few dips in the float department .

Nine battle hardened match anglers faught tooth and nail in a competition which saw wind , rain , sleet and heavy winds which impacted the quality of the fishing

Guiness World Records officials were present to give "Blues" an award for the Best Continuous End Peg Drawer in the World Award only to have to return to London with the award when he drew a " non end peg " - this may have impacted his result on the day ?

After an early vote for 5 hours many spent the last hour regretting our first past the post voting system

We were encouraged by visits from Mr V and Yamo ( with junior Y in tow ) and the modest  the results of the weigh in were :

Big Col 18 - 7 - 9
Denis 10 - 7 - 5
Phil B 3 - 3 - 11
Trev 6 - 12 - 0
Blues 5 - 10 - 0
Tri cast 4 - 6 - 12
KOD 3 - 14 - 10
Josh 1 - 7 - 0
Little Col 2 - 13 - 9
Congratulations to Big Col on his win and our thanks again for organising what must be the Premier Winter Match series competed by the Cashmores Angling club + friends

Next Grueller due Sat 28 Feb - details of new venue will be posted

Trev
Cub Reporter ( and I came third ! )

Trevors Top Angling Tips (#2409)– Liquidised Bread – get your wife to make all your liccy bread by asking for your sandwiches for work to be passed through a liquidiser for 3 minutes  then sieved before she puts  them in your  Tupperware box  ( Requires you to buy a sandwich from a local shop if you wish to eat at lunchtime )
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

Was that u on the bridge then Paul,I couldn't tell you had that many layers on Image I put 3 in the marina because those pegs came 1st ,2nd,n 3rd on the last one. Those that drew them pegs ran to em ::). It's like I always say fish have got fins so they could be anywhere. The rain was only odd showers,it was nice in between. Anything's better than stopping in the house.
Use say everybody participating had a good days fishing n a couple of pints to boot,job done
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

It's pointless Trev everybody knows. Little col told half of Staffordshire before we left. I must of had 10 texts of people telling me wat I caught n that I was on end peg  :facepalm
Stick proper results down n photo s mate  :thumsup
I've booked it for a fortnight s time so everyone will get another bash :thumsup :thumsup
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Josh1337 »

[Img]http://imgur.com/1EyTFk2.jpg[/Img]
[Img]http://imgur.com/bvxlP9K.jpg[/Img]
[Img]http://imgur.com/O1fsXtQ.jpg[/Img]
[Img]http://imgur.com/R8aIaaY.jpg[/Img]

Well done Big Col and Dennis :thumsup
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Blues »

Fantastic net of fish Col :tiphat :tiphat

Well done to Den and Trev :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

I've booked it again for 7th march so for all those who were afraid of a bit of wind can have a go :nana
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

Can I just say a big thank you to kod n criss for helping everyone over the bridge again and for those helping to weigh in :thumsup .

Congratulations to all the lads in particular Dennis with a cracking double figure net of roach n Trev with a cracking bag of perch :tiphat
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Grueller match 14

Unread post by kod »

that's a lot of fish for 1-8-7 col were they hollow :rofl :rofl
If you'd walked round the corner you'd have found that between the showers it was blowing a 60 mph gale with a wind chill of minus 10 degrees :nana :rofl :rofl :rofl
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Grueller match 14

Unread post by MrV »

Great result lads, well done to the top 3, especially Trevor, who seems to be learning a lot fishing these gruellers, and I will just make the lads feel better by saying the half dozen to the right of the bridge had by far the worst of the weather  :thumsup It was nearly tropical where Big Col was   :nana :nana
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Grueller match 14

Unread post by kod »

It was nearly tropical where Big Col was Image Image
That was probably due to the heat off the bankside deposits left by the dumptruck :rofl :rofl :rofl
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Grueller match 14

Unread post by MICK E »

Well done Col,a good win,and congrats to Den and Trev. At this time a word of congrats to Col on the sorting and running the grueller series I for one have enjoyed the company of all the grueller lads and the fishing . Well done to you :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

that's a lot of fish for 1-8-7 col were they hollow  :rofl :rofl
If you'd walked round the corner you'd have found that between the showers it was blowing a 60 mph gale with a wind chill of minus 10 degrees  :nana :rofl :rofl :rofl

O I thought dead peg was on bridge blowing a hooly :nana :rofl
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Grueller match 14

Unread post by Biggcol »

Well done Col,a good win,and congrats to Den and Trev. At this time a word of congrats to Col on the sorting and running the grueller series I for one have enjoyed the company of all the grueller lads and the fishing . Well done to you :thumsup

[
Thanks Mike, you missed a good match sat . Some big perch coming out aswell make sure your on the next one mate :thumsup