If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match 7 - a Saturday stroll for Simple Simon

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Expectations were running high from the Cashmore’s Crew for this one.

Pre match spying missions had led to frivolous talk of the potential of 100 lb bags and the club record going.  Image

This was whipped up further by reports of harry911 getting smashed up 3 times on 9lb straight through by some of the reputed submarines that inhabited the pool on an earlier match.  Image

BDM set off with Heinzer only to be halted and confronted a couple of hundered yards from the pool by a flock of 2382 plus sheep being herded down the lane. I say ‘2382 plus’, because Phil B had started counting them as they passed but fell asleep at that number…….

A decent match appeared to be on the cards ’cuss BDM had left that notorious bag of  Image on the kitchen table. However whilst pegging out, he realised he’d got a bit left over in a back pocket so managed to sprinkle it on a couple of pegs……………. Image

With a poor member turnout of 17, plus 3 visitors, pegs 1-10 were down the left side of the pool, 11 to 18 down the right with 19& 20 on the nearest end bank.

BDM had read a MF article on drawing and with a newly adopted technique……..no, I cant tell you what it is…….. Image pulled out 3 and was happy with that.  Image Image Image

With hoards of small silvers anticipated a couple of rigs were set up, plus a couple of beastie rigs as back ups just in case…………..

The off. Back up beastie lines were filled in and a start on the mag.

True to form, hoardes of small rudd attacked the mags as they hit the water and fish around 20 to the lb were coming virtually one a chuck………

Drynet to BDM’s left appeared to be having a better stamp though as the first hour flew by and Heinzer and Brambles a few pegs away on 5 & 6 were reported faster catch rates.

‘Slip a piece of corn on’ thought BDM, ‘see if any better stamp fish are underneath’. Sure enough the ravenous things still attacked the corn, some managing to gag on it. This lead to a slightly better stamp of fish, but too many missed bites as the corn daint quite match the size 20 hook.

Rig change………..thats better thought BDM.

Just as a rhythm was building…………disaster.  Image

Complete rig lost………….and not on a beastie. A quick gander at the stonfo revealed the sleeve had just worked loose.

On with another rig………….not quite as good as the last un, but fish coming almost one a chuck

Another hour on……….disaster again. Same thing happens and rig lost. Image Image

New rig on…….. aok but not really quite the ticket.

4 hours in now and some decent fish are being hooked around the pool. Rolly on 1 has a run of fish. Simples been picking them up steadily after a slowish start……..well it does take a bit of time to feed 5 kilo of gb via the feeder.  ;)

Cotti hooks a beastie that he plays for 40 mins only to have a hook pull. Ball it in Baker has suffered a similar fate.

KOD’s been struggling but a change of tactic going into the 4th hour see’s him launch an assault and become a danger, particularly has he’s sitting on one of the 3 golden pegs in today, along with Zorro and HaHa.

Whistle blows………..and late news breaks that ‘the guy in the corner’, Tigerbay on 11, has been flying in that last hour. Veste also plays a beastie (and lands) after time which comes in at 13.8.0  Image

Ah well, enough of my waffle…………..here’s the moment you’ve all (well ME) been waiting for

Peg
1 Rolly 24.0.0
2 Big Geoff 12.14.0
3 BDM 35.10.0
4 Drynet 17.12.0
5 Heinzer 13.0.0
6 Brambles 21.14.0
7 Yamo 31.8.0
8 Zorro 39.2.0
9 Veste 21.10.0
10 Ball it in 10.0.0
11 Tigerbay 22.4.0
12 KOD 38.6.0
13 Worminator 18.4.0
14 Cotti 14.6.0
15 Gez 13.8.0
16 Harry911 5.4.0
17 HaHa 3.12.0
18 Lasher 16.2.0
19 Simple Simon 47.2.0   Image
20 Phil B 7.9.0

All in all - a good match - 17 out of the 20 fishing put double figures on the scales.

Also importantly must say thanks to all who who played a part in helping me get the club on the venue  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Simple Simon getting a last bit of upto date info and methods from the gaffer of the pool...........

Bait for the day............the gaffer said 'Make sure you feed at least both the two buckets.............'
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Ceramic wall tile adhesive as feeder mix :o :D

Great stuff TK Image

Well done simps Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ceramic wall tile adhesive as feeder mix  

Sh*te.............forgot about the SB being on display  Image

ps - no feeder set up by me for the day Dodge ;)
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

cracking report and some cracking weights. Thats a right weight of silvers youve got there tk. well done
Image Image
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Gem »

Well done guys Image

Enjoyable read :)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Not much to say really. Just fished the feeder all day.
30g gripmesh. Caught on corn, double corn. Pellets and boilies.
Great match as always with the Cashmores lads  Image

Fish magnet Sprucey was on the camera today(well yesterday)  Image

[reason]repaired image links[/reason]
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

Ceramic wall tile adhesive as feeder mix

Dodgie that aint wall tile adhesive, Si took my advise about diced carrot over mashed swede that i was on about the other night Image just that he used it on the wrong match :-[ but look at the result he got off using it Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice report TK Image Nice photo's Spruce Image Well done Si Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Well, what a day ! My overriding impression was that it was a good one. Plenty of smiling faces and sunshine around the pool afterwards.
Another good venue me thinks  :)

As for my match, well it was a strange one with plenty of cock ups. I can see now I suffered from a severe lack of knowledge before the off. Somehow id picked up the idea there were loads of silvers and not many carp... no idea where I got that from.

I was more or less expecting a similar match to our last one at Curborough, but it was nothing like.

Before the off KOD next to me said he had listened to what people had been saying ....  WHAT WHAT WHAT , I thought I hadnt heard anything !  Gulp... anyway he had decided not to even bother with the pole and fish waggler and feeder only. Completely the opposite to what i'd somehow fabricated in my mind.

The off went and I was all over the place. No plan in mind, and 5 hundred weight of tackle and only one fixed spool reel ! aHHHHH .. nothing like preparation eh.

Anyway I worked out I could set up a feeder rod AND a waggler rod and by detatching the spool I could swop my single reel over ..hehe problem sorted, except it was a right cobble up.

At the off in went the pole, with a something or other light rig on and I soon realised it was stuffed with ravenous small rudd and bits. I was torn here, because as I said to KOD I could quite enjoy myself catching those, but I just didnt think I could catch enough to compete.

There was also a man made floating  island towards the corner and I just couldnt resist thinking thats where fish would be, carp if there were any. Try as I might I couldnt ignore it. After blowing the dust off a method feeder I chucked it towards the raft  thinking, hey, thats what people do on carp venues isnt it ? I've only ever fished the method once. To cut a long story short, I had one fish a bit under two pounds and I might of lost one, im not sure as I got snagged up and lost a few feeders too !

There were loads of fish around that mini island, loads, not only silvers boiling and attacking my feeder as soon as it hit the water but carp scattering at times when my feeder went in ! KOD remarked after the match he'd been watching how many fish were there. The trouble was, I couldnt catch 'em they just did not want to know but beacuse I could see 'em ....I perservered and wasted most of the match. It was a nightmare.

Meanwhile KOD had been catching steadily on the long distance feeder all way through. I didnt fancy it as a tactic and told myself if he was catching out in open water, I should be able to catch with a feeder off that 'island'... but nope they weren't having it ! Anyway, I further reasoned, he was so far ahead as to be uncatchable by now and plodded on. BUT ..there comes a point .....after trying everything I could think of .....in desperation I got off my box and walked down to KOD asking what he was having 'em on, no idea why I said that as I could see it was pellet of some description and feeder, but I was delerious with frustration by this point.

Went back to my peg and decided there was nothing else to do but copy him and see if I could put a few fish in the net before the end. I set up an open ended feeder, filled it loosley with my method mix, supplemented with hemp and wanged it to the horizon, lined up with a church steeple over the fields, clipped up with an 11mm halibut pellet on a band... and guess what, caught steadily in the last two hours. Had 11 carp and lost a few to finish with 22lb odd and a smile on my face. Should have changed much earlier. Enjoyed it immensley though in the end and would have stayed on if KOD hadnt pointed out there was a locked gate.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

nice report mark Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

:o What's this, The Cashmores lads catching fish!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a decent day lads, positively baggin by your standards. :D

Some good reports and photos. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

What's this, The Cashmores lads catching fish!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a decent day lads, positively baggin by your standards

I'll put that right for next season Mugger :P ;)

An interesting resume of the day Tigerbay - ta Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

TK's Silver fish  Image

[reason]repaired image links[/reason]
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

Just looking through my pictures on the pc and saw that last picture.
I then looked on this topic about the match and saw the picture was not there. I could have sworn I had posted it at the time  Image Image

Weird  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ah.............happy days :D

I could have done with them yesterday :'(

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin