If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

North West King Of The Canal WL Teams Of 4

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

1st round fished on the Rufford Canal , Tarleton , Lancashire , 14 teams of 4 , 56 pegs. Sunday 11th January.

1st Alan Crook ( Maver NW ) 12.11.0. all roach to 10 oz , bread and bloodworm / joker .
2nd John Leeds ( Tri Cast Rochdale ) 10.6.0.
3rd Kevin North ( Lancashire MG ) 8.8.0.
4th Steve Wilson ( Lancashire MG ) 7.15.0.
5th. Roger Gardom ( Wigan MG ) 7.5.4.

With bloodworm & joker allowed on this round on the Rufford Arm Canal some cracking weights were had in the awfull windy conditions , Alan Crook won with quality roach to 10 ounces starting on bread then later on bloodworm over joker . John Leeds found 3 big skimmers in his first 3 bungs on bread topping up with roach for 10.6.0. I had my arm twisted by Danny Martin to turn out for his Wigan MG outfit as I now live in Wigan so with bloodworm allowed I was really looking forward to the match . Starting on bread down the track to my left on the deepish canal I was pleasantly surprised when the float buried first bung , always good on a cold windy winters day haha and a 1 oz roach was swung in with great relief , England manager Mark Addy nearly fell in next door as he was still feeding his lines :P anyways caught 1/2 oz to 2 oz dumpy roach steady on the bread for 2 hours before it slowed then switched to my right hand joker line and continued a nice steady match with slightly smaller roach averaging an ounce , the swirling gusting wind made presentation very difficult with the finely shotted strung out bloodworm rigs but it was the same for everyone . Peg dried up last 45 minutes despite topping up all lines with a little bit :'( ended weighing in 7.5.4. lovely days fishing despite the conditions :thumsup
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Nice one Dodge. Looks an excellent result sheet, and 56 pegs not to be scoffed at :thumsup :thumsup
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one Dodge. Looks an excellent result sheet, and 56 pegs not to be scoffed at  :thumsup :thumsup
Thanks MrV :thumsup

2nd round Bridgewater canal at Leigh this Sunday . No bloodworm / joker allowed on this venue and I blanked there on the Xmas match a few weeks ago Image :facepalm :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

WELL DONE DODGE :thumsup
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Roger Gardom ( Wigan MG ) 7.5.4.

Looks like the transfer window is open.
Maybe he is on loan :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Roger Gardom ( Wigan MG )  7.5.4.

Looks like the transfer window is open.
Maybe he is on loan :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Now now bill no rumour making please ! :nono :rofl

Just on loan for this WL series then back in full swing with my top talented Ted Carter Southport team mates 8-) :tiphat
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

2nd round today fished on the Bridgewater Canal at Leigh . Arctic conditions and a gin clear canal , what a gripper !!! 39 blanks from 56 pegs including a whole 14 peg section ! I avoided the dreaded blank with 4 roach in the last 20 minutes for 0.7.4. MEGA POINTS  :joy :joy  :rofl

Will post results tomorrow if have time  :thumsup
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Result RD2

1st  Mark Addy  (Saints )  8.12.0.
2nd Steve Crossley (Maver NW )  3.14.0.
3rd  Danny Sixsmith (Sensas Farnworth Tackle) 2.10.7.
4th Mick Topping (Lancashire MG ) 2.10.1.
5th Shaun Golding (Lancashire MG ) 1.8.6.

Possibly the toughest match I haver ever fished , arctic conditions and a gin clear canal well done to all the anglers on turning out with treacherous roads making early morning journeys very difficult for most. England manager Mark Addy had roach to 8oz on bread and caster poor Steff Johanson on the next peg never had a bite . that's how it was on the day . Only 17 anglers caught from 56 and one whole section of 14 blanked . Canal is full of fish but it needs colour in it  :thumsup
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Round 3  Sunday Feb 1st Lancaster Canal Garstang 14 teams of 4 , 56 pegs.

Freezing cold day yesterday with a biting wind but the Lanky showed yet again what a top winter venue it is with lots of roach showing in most sections apart from a couple of barren areas that's winter fishing ! Carl Blurton made no mistake to win individually from bridge hole end peg at moss lane bridge with a cracking net of roach with a few hybrids and perch starting on bread then switching to b/joker weighing a fine 12.6.6.

1st  Carl Blurton  (Maver NW)  12.6.6.
2nd Carl Robinson (Wigan MG)  8.1.0.
3rd  Dave Wells  (Tri Cast Rochdale) 7.14.0.
4th  Danny Martin (Wigan MG)  7.11.12.
5th  Shaun Paddon (Tri Cast Rochdale)  7.5.9.
6th  Roger Gardom  (Wigan MG)  6.11.12.

4th round 15th feb on the Rufford Canal . I will be on my winter holidays soaking up the winter sun  :thumsup :cheers :joy