If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

How was it for you?

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

How was it for you?

Unread post by keith »

Well that is it for another year. How do you feel it went?

I must admit that my season ended on a bit of a damp squib. I was full of hope going into Claygate's second match only to draw probably the worst peg on the lake, all my plans went out of the window as all I wanted from it was an open water peg, nothing more. But hey ho that's fishing and some of you guys must have felt the same during the season.
Highlights for me were beating Al's club record at Arran's and winning the match at Monks on a lake I had never fished before with a mix of carp and barbel. Winning the MK Nugget eventually although I could not stop Mick taking the league title.

What were your highs and lows?
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by SiDev »

A strange old year....two targets at the start of the year were to record a double ton and win at Rolfs.....luckily I managed both in the same match and followed that with another ton at Rolfs then a PB 431 at Arrans (blast you Keith :fistycuffs) in a very productive two weeks!!!!...however, in the main I think I started the season well but then over-complicated things....started to get a paste obsession which I may need therapy about before next year! poor Jinx series and poor second half Marsh series..very much a C for my overall year report and feel I must move forward again next year rather than backwards as giving nuggets to the Exell boys is really rather irritating :rage....time to go back to the basics and do them well rather than play around with stuff I'm not so good at....
al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by al »

Crap
Not getting out enough
Not fishing well when I do get out
Highlights. Are taking my boys
Gazza has loved coming on the marsh matches
And ain't forgiven me for us not coming Saturday
If I'm honest I'm thinking of packing it in
Selling my gear and taking up golf
But maybe I just need to get out
Anyway merry Christmas all
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by naughtycockney »

I was really pleased with my season, didn't break any expensive fishing gear, always a result for me.(Except my umbrella)

Got my first Marsh win, in what was a Caddyshack type fishing session, wind, rain, umbrella flying everywhere, but well pleased. This was due to all the advice over the last seasons,thx to all

Same as SI, need to keep things simple next year and not over complicate things. Need to keep the nuggets rolling in :rofl

Great to see some new members, with Pete and Troy, even better to see Al's boy turn up and start whopping us like his Dad. All clubs need new young blood.

Next year, first 200lb weight would be nice.

Thx's for all the banter and advice and a big thx's to MR C and Tony for all the. Effort they put in.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to everyone :tiphat
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by SiDev »

Gino...I think you should complicate things as much as possible in order that my kids don't go short again at Xmas!!.....I will add my thanks to Dave and Tony for a job well done and look forward already to next year (when it has warmed up)!!!... :D
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by Tel »

The usual ups and downs which seem normal for me, worst was early season suffering my first blank at Rolfs and unlike most people failing to double my weight in the afternoon at Arrans - must work on that :-/
It is rumoured that I finished 3rd this year which may be confirmed one day :whistle so that has got to be a highlight although I suspect more by default than expertise.
Well done to Mick for his win, Keith for his reports and everyone else for making these matches what they are, also to Dave and Tony for all the organizing they do.
Roll on next year :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all.
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by wat2tone »

Great years fishing guys had a couple of section wins so happy days . Great banter and advice and i must stop trying to catch the 9:15 from claygate :rofl :rofl
Cheers to dave and tony for all they do.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR .
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by Tel »

omg - there is life :D
Thought everyone on this board had died :facepalm
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by keith »

Terry,

I think a lot of anglers look in on the site regularly enough but just do not post. Remember a lot of the Marsh Lads don't go fishing past November and will not get there gear out till the first match in 2015.

Personally my year is over and it will not come out again until January/February dependant on if I have to break ice( I do not break ice anymore). But it at least gives me time to check/repair things that need doing with my gear.

Hope you all have a great Xmas and New Year
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by SiDev »

HAPPY CHRISTMAS.....may Santa fill your stockings with all things angling :)....question though...when asked 'what I want for Xmas' the mere mention of fishing stuff and they have a go in my house....surely by having a hobby I make it easy for them!!!!...anyone else suffer this ??? :fistycuffs
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by keith »

All the time.

They think we have enough stuff because we still go without what you want them to buy.

Different though if they wanted a pair of shoes
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Problem sorted In my house, will start to send any new stuff to my works address ;)
Other problem is getting it home and past 'her in doors :fistycuffs
Or I could just be dreaming of new stuff, umbrella needed and some new elastic should sort me out
Have a merry Xmas everyone and see you all in 2015 :tiphat
tom240589
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by tom240589 »

Well it was my first season as a member I made less marches then when I was a guest unfortunately due to a crappy work shift pattern. Even with this I still enjoyed the matches I did make and as always I was grateful for all the advice I got. Of course was good to win a nugget. Although it's not a big target I would like to make a ton next season and also to actually make it to more matches! Hope you all have a good Christmas and New year :)
mickyboy
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by mickyboy »

wishing everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year.
Highlight of the year was being top of the league taken me
60 years to do something like that and doing my first 300lb+
match weight. Low was probably blanking in fur and feather and
losing the mk nugget challenge after bringing it back to just 1
behind but did enjoy the years matches. My tip for getting
fishing related xmas pressies is to write down what you want
and give it to the family a few weeks before. Dont recommendr
asking for maggots they are a bugger to wrap.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by Tel »

I dunno Mick - seeing as our esteemed chairperson hasn't posted any results for three months nor the final league table it might just be smoke and mirrors :surprise
Seriously though well done and thoroughly deserved ( don't tell Keith ) :cheers
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by SiDev »

Mick, I could write that list and cut out the middle man and throw it straight in the bin but hey....I actually got a Fishing IOU for £100....odd that as I'm not sure she has £100 so I guess I will be buying for myself....anyone recommend reasonably priced bib and brace set, not heavy weight, more for the seasons we fish?
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by keith »

Terry............... Behave

Simon, I have the Prestons BnB for summer fishing and has stood me well for over 5 years now. As it turns colder I have a Protak set but I believe they do not make them anymore.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by Tel »

anyone recommend reasonably priced bib and brace set,

You know you'll only break it :nana
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by SiDev »

Thanks Keith.... ;)

As for you Terry....has the unseasonally warm weather awoken you early?? get back to your hibernation :fistycuffs....or we will contact Mrs G as you seem to have far too much time on your hands...DIY!!!!!!!!!!! :toungeout
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

How was it for you?

Unread post by Clive »

I got the Drennan bib and brace Si £120 but well pleased with it :thumsup