If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

More fish gone in the Erewash canal

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

This week there have been 3 deliveries of fish to the Long Eaton Victoria-Long Eaton Federation and Notts AA stretches of the Erewash canal.

I witnessed one of these today after the Notts AA match on the Greens when the second of 2 deliveries went in just below the Gallows pub on the match length.This consignment was 480lb including over 100 bream over 2lb and some stamp roach and perch.

The earlier delivery was some 5000 smaller roach and skimmers which came from a reservoir in Oxford.The guys did tell me the name but in all the excitement i forgot it ::)

Apparently the deposits at Dockholme and Tamworth road? were similar.

Lets hope all the pike do not eat too much! :tiphat
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Unread post by Ian_baker »

That's great news Pete, I'll have to come and have a go if there's any opens coming up.
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Excellent news Pete, thanks for the update :thumsup

Be interesting where they use for next round of EVWL - could be a good 'tester' :)

You wouldn't happen to know if the dockholme consignment went in above or below the lock would ya?
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

Dockholmes fish went in above the lock-they were put in at Sandiacre lock peg 1 and we got roughly the same as Notts AA

Johnie Johnson has been running matches recently on Saturdays there were 18 of us there yesterday

7-5 won it yesterday perch on worm 4-13 was 2nd bread and worm fish and 3-14 was 3rd bloodworm fish.

Sadly a lot of pike about and the canal was tap-we fished above and below Greens lock.

We are fishing Station road next week-Johno went down last week and had some stamp roach :thumsup
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Ok cheers Pete :thumsup

Shame about the snappers... someone needs to tell the east Europeans how many there are - excellent eating is pike :surprise :surprise :rofl :rofl

Seeya on the bank soon pal :tiphat