If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by joffmiester »

I've just post two topic's about the downfall of our industries here in the UK which bring me to think just how much do we know about what goes into our Rivers.
Last week we fished a round of the winter league on the river Soar it was touch and go whether it would go ahead. Go a head it did and we all expected some bumper weights as the river was up and coloured plus rising a little . This is normally a dinner bell to the large shoals of bream that live in areas of the river . Yes a few were caught 18lb won the day off a peg where you'd expect 40 to 50lb a few years ago . We all want a coloured river it always fishes better than a clear river but this is not the case . I've spoke to loads of anglers and all said the same if they fished feeders or pole feeder there line as covered in mess from sewerage their nets were also covered at the end of the competition and especially at sutton you could smell the sewerage . We all know behind the scenes these industries will cut corners until they are caught out it's all about making money . Just how much sewerage is allowed to flow into our rivers whether its treated or not ,who monitors this amount as its often released during the night . Leicestershire and especially Charmwood have thousands of new developments going on at the minute around 1,400 alone in my village and surrounding area . so where is all this extra sewerage going to go the storm drains can't cope with it now the first heavy rain blows the tops off. Anglers are on the frontline with their eye's ear's and smell surely we should know what level of sewage is pumped into our rivers as it has started to affect the fishing . although the competition wasn't a disaster a lot of anglers felt the canal would have given us all a better days fishing out the way of this influx of dirty smelly water. Perhaps we should invite a few questions and answers from Seven Trent and the EVA before we have a major set back in the way of a pullution ...
U538467

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by U538467 »

I think thats a really good idea Joff.
There shouldnt be any reson why they can't provide us with some figures to show what they're doing... :thumsup
Fletch

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by Fletch »

They're combined sewage overflows (or some such name) Joff, and the AT succeeded in getting them outlawed, until it was overturned at the Court of Appeal. They've been in place since before privatization eons ago - it's just that they get more use now we have heavier storms. Burton got wiped out when a company dumped chemicals in one - and they got washed into the river with the next downpour. That was about four or five years back. I've been on the Don when you literally cannot get close to the water for the stink.
wagglerman
Match Team/ Club: ferry bridge
Sponsor: self

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by wagglerman »

I know its easy to be wise after the event but a sample of the water should be taken to prove there was sewage in the river and then the EA would have to do something about it .
wagglerman
Match Team/ Club: ferry bridge
Sponsor: self

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by wagglerman »

Just seen on Polefishing website on FB a southern water company has been fined £500k for polluting a stream down south with untreated sewage .
Botty
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Learn to fish - watch me !! ;)
Match Team/ Club: Sportsman A.A.

SEWERAGE IN OUR RIVERS

Unread post by Botty »

Excellent !!