If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

WHAT A LINE UP FOR THE RIVER FEST FINAL

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

NGLING TRUST NEWS...

Who will be crowned RiverFest 2014 Champion?

The Angling Trust has announced the line up for the 2014 RiverFest final to be held on the River Wye over the weekend of 15th and 16th November.

After 20 qualifiers over 5 months, 60 anglers will compete for the title of RiverFest Champion 2014 and walk away with a cheque for a cool £12,000.

With the total prize money on offer reaching £29,000, the competition really is bigger and better than in 2013.

Prize breakdown
1st - £12k
2nd - £6k
3rd - £3k
4th - £2k
5th - £1k
20 section winners - £5k (10 section winners on both days of £250)

2014 Qualifiers

R Calder, Mirfield Keith Hobson, Simon Heaton, Stuart Tate
R Swale, Morton Stephen Beckwith, Matt Maginnis, Andy Bradley
R Severn, Lower Lode Paul Bick, Roy Carter, Steve Williams
Bristol Avon, Newbridge to Saltford Richard Chave, John Moody, Dan Ashington
R Trent, Newark Dyke Paul Kozyra, John Urruty, John Barningham
R Trent, Torksey to South Clifton Hadrian Whittle, Steve Lowther, Roger Wakenshaw
R Weaver, Northwich Dave James, Kevin Hall, Matt Derry
R Soar, Sutton Bonnington Andrew Murphy, Steve Whitfield, Mark Halksworth
R Yare, Langley Kevin Rowles, Will Freeman, Mick Vials
R Tees, Bowesfield to Yarm Kevin Weighell, Stan Haigh, Craig Robinson
R Don, Sprotborough Andy Starkey, Shaun Rampling, Shaun Wright
Great Ouse, Littleport Dave Smith, Graham Dack, Martyn Roper
R Wye, Brienton to Eign Steve Sadler, Phil Amos, Mark Brush
R Severn, Bridgnorth Mike Fuller, Chris Parr, Colin Jones
R Trent, Burton Sean Ashby, Sam Merry, Rob Quinn
R Thames, Medley Dave Harrell, Simon Willsmore, Tony Marshall
R Severn, Worcester Clive Fletcher, John Snelson, Chris Taylor
Warwickshire Avon, Eckington Nick Burton, Simon Deakin, Scott Geens
Yorkshire Ouse, Hunters Lodge Paul Moutrey, Dave Smiddy, Ian Exley
R Nene, March Graham Welton, Danny Mason, Steve Hemingray

Both Thames Water and Severn Trent Water have once again demonstrated the commitment to angling by contributing £2,000 each towards the prize fund while leading bait company Bait-Tech continue to support the competition as they provide each of the finalists with a variety of products from their range including Pro Natural Groundbait, a variety of Halibut Feed and hook pellets, Halibut Marine Method Mix Groundbait, tins of Superseed hemp and assorted Hybrid barbel hookbaits.

Daiwa Sports have donated a prize for the angler who catches the biggest fish over the weekend.

The Angling Trust would like to offer their appreciation and thanks to all partners for their continued support.

Sky Sports will be attending to cover the action and spectators are encouraged to come along and watch as the weekend unfolds. Parking and entry is free for Angling Trust members and you'll be able to watch and meet some of the best river anglers in the country doing their stuff. There is a path along the match length and access is easy. Cars should be parked in the field adjacent to the Hereford Rowing Club at the bottom of Greyfriars Avenue. Spectators can also use the facilities and be able to get refreshments at the rowing club where there will be a bookmaker present to take bets on your fancied anglers.

The draw takes place each day at 8am and the club is open to Angling Trust members from 9am. Fishing is from 10.30am until 3.30pm each day.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

And a huge well done to Steve Sadler!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Yes quite agree top bloke and a great performance saying that Sean ashby 's first days catch 700 odd bleak and a barbel then 23lb of dace on the bolo stands out then theres  Roger Wakenshaws 20lb 10oz wild river carp which he landed  :o :o :o Paul Bick with another class performance and not forgetting young Sam merry performance he'd never seen the wye before this week and managed 5th overall . Ain't fishing great  :thumsup
Steveswindon

Unread post by Steveswindon »

Made me laugh on another forum, someone commented that apart from Dave Harrell they had never heard of any other qualifiers and was therefore asking whether this compared to other "big" matches. I did put him right pointing out there were several England internationals and 2 world champions in the list. :o
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

SteveSwindon .... That's hilarious! Which forum ?
Not sure who the second world champ is though?

Joff ... Yes agreed .... Brilliant by all Of them. In fact an achievement to qualify so well done to all the Finalists.

Great competition .... Well done to all the organisers throughout the qualifiers and to the jap sniper for the concept and having the gumption to getting it up and running. I fished two Qualifiers this year... Aming for a few more. If I get the applications in on time next season!
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Made me laugh on another forum, someone commented that apart from Dave Harrell they had never heard of any other qualifiers and was therefore asking whether this compared to other "big" matches. I did put him right pointing out there were several England internationals and 2 world champions in the list. :o

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Now that is bloody funny, nearly pee'd me pants :facepalm :facepalm
That list is a who's who of running water 'proper' anglers, with some internationals thrown in to boot :tiphat
And everyone who got there have done fantastically well, them qualifiers are tough.

Must've bin a reet 'numpty pellet head/tame waterpig/lady thingy who put that.... unless they only watch discovery and we're expecting matt Hayes & john wilson in the line up :rofl :rofl :rofl
Steveswindon

Unread post by Steveswindon »

Hilarious isn't it. Was on the FishingMagic forum.

Now realise Steve Hemingray won individual European Gold rather than World Gold, though he is a World Champ team member......and there isn't much difference is there as there isnt a lot of competition outside Europe :D :D :D