If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

EVER DRAWN THE SAME PEG TWICE

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Ever drawn the same peg twice well it happened to me in the last two rounds of the winter league !! Peg 20 although it's a end peg it's not rated as a good end peg . My first trip to the peg earned me seven points out of nine with nearly 3k...gs . Yet I can honestly say I thought I 'd fished a good match . It was a hard nut to swallow knowing 300grams would of put me third . So you can imagine when I was given the same peg how I felt knowing . The pegs to my right are in a boatyard where you expect the fish to be . I went back to the peg this week with a open mind and ruled out a few negative options I had tried the week before . This league is full of quality anglers the difference in winning and losing is marginal I needed to put fish in the net as the size of the fish at my end of the section seemed a lot smaller than the boatyard . No hemp lines just Groundbait and pinkies the method that had brought me some of the best results I've had . Sensas black lake and black roach brought me a run of small roach throughout the day . Using a long line searched the whole peg and made it easier to avoid the pike . So when the scale arrived I put 3 kg 640grams on them thinking I couldn't of done anymore . I Managed to beat all the section a part from the the other end peg in the boatyard . So it just shows you not to get despondent you can turn things around !! It earned me two points !!

3KG 640G
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

I hear they have put a platform on 18 now Joff... Just my bloody luck that is. Well fished mate :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yes Sam i told Tony as well but i had to nick the tabletop to put on peg 20 :rofl i did say to the long Eaton chap who had actually put the pallets in if he could just secour the table top it would do fine :thumsup :thumsup
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

funny looking small roach
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

not very often as I go to lots of different venues ..... but I had a run a year ago of drawing the weirpool peg at Barford on the Warks Avon.
This peg regularly throws up framing weights ..... but I just can't seem to work it out.
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

I've drawn 31 on the sluice 3 times joff :cheerleader :cheerleader 2 seconds overall and a 1st :whistle ::) ::) :thumsup :thumsup
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Statler
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Wish I could draw
Match Team/ Club: Stainforth Angling Centre

Unread post by Statler »

Never drawn anywhere near a sluice :rage
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Where's the sluice Image Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I drew peg A1 for the first four matches in the old Pelsall Winter League. There was 100 in each match.
Got to 19 Kamasan points that year by November!
They then announced the final was on a commie somewhere, funnily enough I never got another point, can't think why :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout
ChrisW

Unread post by ChrisW »

Learnt one of my biggest lessons this way fishing Belper club matches on the Derwent in my teens. Drew the same peg 3 weeks running... blanked on the 1st 2, so unsurprisingly was preferring an alternative pleasure session somewhere but my lift for the day was having none of it. So grudgingly dragged myself to the peg with much huff & puff (as teenagers do best, lol) only to win the match with 4 proper chub..... :surprise :surprise :surprise

Never forgot it cos it proves ya just never know in this game... :) :thumsup