If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

NATHANS OF DERBY SILVERFISH LEAGUE RYCROFT FISHERY

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Last Saturday was the first round of the Silverfish league at Rycroft

40 anglers fished on the Carp Lake, Old Canal and New Canal.
It fished well in parts, harder in others. ( typical fishing match then :thumsup)

Winner off the New canal peg 12 was Rob Wootton alternating 6 and 13m with worms and casters. Rob caught a mixture of roach, skimmers, tench and ide for 27lb 9oz just edging out Drennans' Darren Davis who fished casters at 6 m for a mainly roach catch weighing 26lb 4oz off the carp lake peg 13. Stablemate Dan Varney pegged on the same lake again fished casters short for 25lb 8oz mostly roach off peg 3. John Eccles was 4th off the New Canal.

The forecast mega weights on the New Canal didn't materialise, the biggest surprise for me was how poor the Old Canal fished considering how well it has been fishing for Skimmers lately, maybe the cold night affected it, I don't really know.
The Carp Lake fished well as usual with 9 double figure weights

There's a chance for some of the anglers who struggled to catch up on the next round as some of the early leaders are away at White acres on the Rive 2 dayer or on the Riverfest final.

1 R Wootton Shimano 27lb 9oz

2 D Davis Drennan. 26lb 4oz

3 D Varney Drennan. 25lb 8oz

4 J Eccles Long Eaton 25lb 2oz

5 L Klimczuk Bait-tech24lb 6oz

The next round is on the 15th November and we will be having the draw at the Old Crown in Shardlow, breakfast available ( £4-50) from half past 7.

The lakes this time will be the Carp Lake, Old Canal and Clover.
There is a possibility that there will be a few places for anyone who wishes to fish as a one off open as it won't affect the league as it is on weight. Get in touch with me or Swinno for details.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Great fishing Trafty :thumsup