If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

MARVELLOUS

Football Chat here

Moderators: Dodge, me

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

MARVELLOUS

Unread post by bill yards »

Did anyone watch 'Marvellous' on BBC2 9pm last night.
They gave it fantastic revues and it more than lived up to them. Easily the best football related film ever.
It was a very true life film about a circus clown (Neil Baldwin) who lost his job. He lived in the Potteries and actually saw Lou Macari in person who gave him a job as kitman. It was a real tear jerker in parts but brilliantly put over. There was some old Stoke City footage and Lou Macari came over brilliantly. It really was a superb film and miles better than anything on the box in recent months.
It is bound to be on again, hopefully on BBC1 - sheer brilliance, one of those films you didn't want to end :thumsup

If you did see it other than the old Stanley Matthews cutting the shots outside the ground were actually taken outside Grest Road, Crewe's ground. :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

MARVELLOUS

Unread post by Dodge »

Lou Macari a decent bloke for an ex rag , not one of them gobshites like Paddy Crerrand , Mickey Thomas and even Bobby Charlton these days bless him . Macari,s chippy isn't up too much though :whistle :nono :rofl
Mark Wintle
Match Team/ Club: Barclays Bank AA

MARVELLOUS

Unread post by Mark Wintle »

Did anyone watch 'Marvellous' on BBC2 9pm last night.
They gave it fantastic revues and it more than lived up to them. Easily the best football related film ever.
It was a very true life film about a circus clown (Neil Baldwin) who lost his job. He lived in the Potteries and actually saw Lou Macari in person who gave him a job as kitman. It was a real tear jerker in parts but brilliantly put over. There was some old Stoke City footage and Lou Macari came over brilliantly. It really was a superb film and miles better than anything on the box in recent months.
It is bound to be on again, hopefully on BBC1 - sheer brilliance, one of those films you didn't want to end :thumsup

If you did see it other than the old Stanley Matthews cutting the shots outside the ground were actually taken outside Grest Road, Crewe's ground. :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat
Just caught up with it on iPlayer; ruddy Marvellous!!!!!

MARVELLOUS

Unread post by Guest »

Lou Macari a decent bloke for an ex rag , not one of them gobshites like Paddy Crerrand , Mickey Thomas and even Bobby Charlton these days bless him . Macari,s chippy isn't up too much though  :whistle  :nono  :rofl

so biter dodger . ps who's mickey Thomas is he related to mickey mouse who I believe was a former citeh manager
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
keef
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

MARVELLOUS

Unread post by keef »

hello tony hope your well , after reading your post i decided to watch marvellous 
me and my misses was in awe of him  brilliant bbc at its best 
you dont have to be loud to be listened to what a speciael man

quote from niel baldwin

i always wanted to be happy so i decided to be happy