If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by joffmiester »

Been doing a bit of homework for my trip to Ireland for the Muckno Pairs although the festival fished its head off last year a lot of anglers have told me to beef up a little. Its mainly Roach and Hybrids with the odd bream but i've been told in some cases you will need 12s hooks 0.20 hook lengths for the feeder poles a little lighter . just wanted to know your points of view and if you have any info about rigs and baits . would you use a inline olivet or shot what size floats would have some strung out rigs for on the drop .i just dont want to get there and fined i'm setting up a totally new set of rigs i have just over a week hook lengths are tyed just rigs and laggies to do . Its a few years since i've been to Ireland so i want to be prepared ...
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by bill yards »

Nick some of mine, - every crappity smack else does :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Better idea, You've three days to set some up, (and for me) while I'm in the pub :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIGS FOR IRELAND

;) ;) ;) I'D DO YOU SOME WAGGLERS KIDDO ;) ;) and rigs :tiphat
just popped the Question up bill to see how others fish the place :( :( looking at the response its all huss huss :shifty :shifty
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by fin »

Hiya Joff, just gonna get mine on the go as well, gonna av a ring round later to see what the score is. I done rigs from 1g-3g with olivette + droppers but gonna do some a bit lighter with shot on. Young dave brookes spoke to Cathal this morning and he said its gonna be solid for the pairs if all stays the same :thumsup. My take on it for what its worth is that if your fishing for 25kg-30kg you aint gonna be messing about with 4x14 and the like :surprise. Doing all my rigs to .16 mainline and hook-lengths from .12 -.16.. Aint got a Scooby doo what laccy to put in, thinking 6-8 so gonna take a load n sort that when where there. I've pegged all my olivettes like I do on the Shannon, don't want them moving about when im on for 40kg, ha ha, I wish :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Yep thats about fin thats the info i've had laggy 8 to 10 we can always double up if we are bagging :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

All I ever take is 8s elastic, - needs to be pretty tight or theu are all over the place. Tried 6s once (woft too soft).

Just can't see it fishing like last year, too much to ask but it will be pretty good.
The key to Muckno is the algae. Muckno is actually a reservoir for drinking water for the folk of Dundalk the right amount of agae, dictated by the wind and it can be brilliant, you just want enough to put enough colour in it.

It fished that well last year there was danger of wading out too far as in some cases it dropped off by your front legs and you can only go to your knees! It was more than possible to catch behind you and you don't want that! From what I've seen most fish what they are best at. a couple of examples are the Dutch lads, Willem always fishes the feeder and does brilliantly; if his mate Coooot or whatever it is starts catching on the pole its early doors in the Horseman.
Get some yoyos now, can't see the rate being any better for us than it is now. All I got was 1.06 last year 1.26 now (I got 1.23.5) best it's been for years, makes Guinness under £3 Image Image Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by big_cup »

Not heard the need for line that heavy Joff, even on bagging rigs to hand nobody I know fishes that heavy on the pole.
I don't use olivettes but that's just personal preference not to as I find a small bulk of shot better and gives me more options to change rig quickly if required. You can never cover to many options for Ireland so pack the kitchen sink. I have rigs from 4x14 to 3gram set up for long pole short lining and from a gram to 12 gram for fishing to hand, although in recent years I have not used any above 5gram. Last year will take some following but you just never know, so prepare the lot and you have it if needed :tiphat :thumsup :thumsup
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Hiya Joff, just gonna get mine on the go as well, gonna av a ring round later to see what the score is. I done rigs from 1g-3g with olivette + droppers but gonna do some a bit lighter with shot on. Young dave brookes spoke to Cathal this morning and he said its gonna be solid for the pairs if all stays the same :thumsup. My take on it for what its worth is that if your fishing for 25kg-30kg you aint gonna be messing about with 4x14 and the like :surprise. Doing all my rigs to .16 mainline and hook-lengths from .12 -.16.. Aint got a Scooby doo what laccy to put in, thinking 6-8 so gonna take a load n sort that when where there. I've pegged all my olivettes like I do on the Shannon, don't want them moving about when im on for 40kg, ha ha, I wish :D :D
I think 45 kilos was the best last year in this match. It came off the last peg on Concra Wood. He had one bream an that was only smal;l. loads of hybrids and roach, all on 4 metres to hand.

I was there the year before and saw one of the funniest things I ever saw when fishing. You are fishing right on the edge of a golf course and somehow this golf buggy took off without its driver followed by an unruly mob of golfers. The buggy went head first into the Lough, - I thought I'd had too much Guinness!! They got it back out though but it was crappity smack funny. You need some thick laccy if you are fishing for golf buggies :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Rigs are about ready thanks for the info everyone i've done the kitchen sink then realised i have my Dutch rigs as well just in case  ::) ::)
Cant wait now i can see i'm going to have a few fish a few pints of the mothers milk and a hell of a lot of laughs  :cheers :tiphat
This weekend will be spent digging my redworms and changing my reel line  :thumsup
but before that a match on the Trent stick and waggler Booom !!!
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by fin »

I'd of like to have seen that Bill, great story.. Getting giddy now, couldn't get on the fast ferry so on the 3 hour one around 2 ish, should be there for 6 ish :thumsup. Year before last, me & my pal are sat in Mcdonalds at Holyhead thinking we had all the time in the world, 11.50 ferry, so we trundled across @ 11.40, only closed the gates so we had to get the next one :surprise. Won't be doing that again
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Fin the very same thing happened to us we sat in the pub and watched a ferry go not thinking it was ours :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by big_cup »

Set a thick cunts your aint ya :toungeout :shifty :shifty :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Rigs are about ready thanks for the info everyone i've done the kitchen sink then realised i have my Dutch rigs as well just in case  ::) ::)
Cant wait now i can see i'm going to have a few fish a few pints of the mothers milk and a hell of a lot of laughs  :cheers :tiphat
This weekend will be spent digging my redworms and changing my reel line  :thumsup
but before that a match on the Trent stick and waggler Booom !!!

If you are taking the kitchen sink don't forget the plugs, the crappity smack pike are like canoes :rofl
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

I'd of like to have seen that Bill, great story.. Getting giddy now, couldn't get on the fast ferry so on the 3 hour one around 2 ish, should be there for 6 ish :thumsup. Year before last, me & my pal are sat in Mcdonalds at Holyhead thinking we had all the time in the world, 11.50 ferry, so we trundled across @ 11.40, only closed the gates so we had to get the next one :surprise. Won't be doing that again

like it :thumsup. Was in Holyhead when that Italian ferry sank. It was the middle of the night and I went in the waiting room to kill an hour. Some clever sod put the theme from titanic on, - I cleared off at that and had a cup of coffee from a machine on the Rail Station.

We should be at the digs by 3pm easily. probably be in the Horseman at one minute past :rofl :rofl if you want a glass of pop :rofl :rofl
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Kin Hell Bill :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm 3 minutes past can't we make it 2 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :cheers
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by fin »

Only 2 more sleeps Joffie & Bill :thumsup :cheers :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Look forward to the site individual pairs of three yellow stream up :rofl :naughty
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by fin »

Hello Bill, which is best way to Muckno, is it N2 from Dublin or do you go M1 and cut across, cheers, see you all soon & good luck to all site members travelling to Ireland. Tight lines :thumsup
daveyboy

RIGS FOR IRELAND

Unread post by daveyboy »

Hope you all have a good week