If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Evesham Team Match

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by joffmiester »

Sunday morning arrived and took one look out the window  :-/ :-/ did i really want to drive to Evesham for the Team event. i prefer to watch the bank holiday Monday for one its a Team event and two its done on points so every fish counts. Well the journey down was just rain rain and more rain  :-[ :-[ i had loaded my mountain bike in the back so it was on with gore tex and headed to the river . luckily with the bad weather i'd soon got down to the bottom and then made my way up
First one of our lads i saw was Danny although adey whittle was in the same section i couldn't even get my camera out for the rain . going back to the early pegs everyone had caught a few fish in the first hour . which is common at Evesham then starts to close up my next port of call was the gaffer . Mark looked and was dry as a bone and with young keef rolling out the instructions i left them to it

Going towards the fifties and fourties the river had started to pick up pase with all the streams and drains pumping fresh coloured water in. Yet still the small fish fed and the odd quality roach started to be landed . Next up was Darran Bickerton and one look at his face told the story  :-[ :-[ yet another Roach taken by a pike
Darran kept running and running it through until it went under and that time he landed it .

A little further down the section Alan too was having a nightmare with pike again his face said it all .

by dinner i left the the river to grab something to eat only to be introduced to the Irish tourist board boys who look after the Muckno angling needless to say it sounds like we are going to have a brilliant time Bill ;) ;) i have quite a few beer vouchers  ;) :naughty
anyway back to the river bank Sean Ashby  had drawn one below the slipway and rumours had it that Sean had caught a few big Roach during the day. and he hadn't finished there as another graced his landing net .

Sean ended up with this quality net of prime red fins for 11lb 4oz and 2nd on the individual board .
On peg nine Adey Higginbottom of Trentmen had also had some big Roach all the way through day . Adey being a hard northerner had sat in just a polo shirt all match soaked to the skin. still with a winning catch in your net your not going to feel too cold  :thumsup

On the Team front the normal all the top teams were spread out with Barnsley on 2 and Dorking on peg set 3 and at the other end both starlet teams one on 11 and the other on 13 draw set . Well it could not of been closer as the sections were being weighed in . yet there was a surprise team appearing with some great section points while everyone thought it was between Starlets and Barnsley on peg set 4 Maver image had piped both to take the tittle of Evesham Team Champions by a single point

peg to peg weights here

1ST MAVER IMAGE 55 POINTS
2ND KAMASAN /SENSAS STARLETS 54 POINTS
3RD DRENNAN BARNSLEY 51 POINTS
4TH SHAKESPEARE SUPER TEAM AND DYNAMITE TRENTMEN BOTH 49 POINTS
6TH KAMASAN/SENSAS STARLETS B 40 POINTS
7TH DORKING 37 POINTS
8TH MAVER BAIT TECH,ALCESTER SPORTS AND TRENTMEN YOUTHS ALL ON 32 POINTS
11TH SHAKESPEARE B 28 POINTS
12TH DAWIA GORDON LEAGUE 24 POINTS
13TH W.B CLARKES 23 POINTS
14 TH DRENNAN LEICESTER 19 POINTS

well its back to the Sensas Masters this weekend for me  :thumsup :thumsup
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by MarkV »

Cor, I need some of Seans Roach :D ! Smashing fish.
daveyboy

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by daveyboy »

Nice report Joff, it's a pity it did not fish better.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Evesham Team Match

Dave i think there could've been a few more fish caught i sat behind Sean sometimes he fed aggressively to fool the fish others he'd put next to nothing in i'm sure these wise old roach now whats going on around Sean anglers just didn't seem to get it quite right from the results most of the top B/J anglers did well
my star man was Matt Godfrey shipping tiny roach all day with a massive bank behind him in all that rain took some doing 6lb 1oz where most would of given up . :thumsup
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Well done to Maver image.
Hi Joff ... Did you see what young James drakulic had for 3rd?
Edit .... Just seen on Harry's Facebook page that James did indeed have chub.

He's battered Bud off the next peg ... Did he have the Isbourne chub?
James is a very good talent as well ... Although it makes me feel old, as I grew up fishing against his Dad!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Evesham Team Match

Yes he had chub on a waggler he also lost a good chub . He fished well although he will grow in expearance one or two said he might of won if he'd kept on the waggler :-/ still that's easy for people to say when they are walking the bank !!
ChrisW

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by ChrisW »

Ouch - not a good day at the 'office' for Leicester....

And in a Trentmen 'sandwich' as well..!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Is it a omen for the forthcoming winterleague perhaps? :fistycuffs :fistycuffs

:D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Evesham Team Match

Unread post by TK »

Ta for the report Joffie :thumsup