If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Southampton

Football Chat here

Moderators: Dodge, me

Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Southampton

Unread post by Dodge »

Anyone feel sorry for Southampton fans as the new owner has just sold all there best players and just over half there first eleven from last season and replaced them with ............ No one ! :surprise :nono.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Southampton

Unread post by craftytafty »

not really, football and especially the prem league is just a circus dominated by money ,some teams have got lucky and been elevated above their status by mega rich owners, Southampton seem to be getting sh*fted by their owners, money has crappity smack up football.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Southampton

Unread post by Dodge »

not really, football and especially the prem league is just a circus dominated by money ,some teams have got lucky and been elevated above their status by mega rich owners, Southampton seem to be getting sh*fted by their owners, money has crappity smack up football.
Point is crafty this new owner has come in at Southampton and sold off nearly all the assests ( re best players) and bought none to replace them , football clubs who run there business well usually succeed and have some sort of success both on and off the pitch no matter how much money is involved. Southampton in a flash of greedy new ownership are doomed for a poor season and possible relegation and the fans yellow stream off after shelling out for season tickets etc .
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Southampton

Unread post by craftytafty »

Well yeah, I know what you mean, mind you the players don't always help, is it Schneiderlin who wants to go but they said no, now I even heard it said he might go on strike.
Some of these owners are loose cannons though, look at Cardiffs owner.
Football just isn't the same for me, I used to watch Derby home and away years ago but I wouldn't pay to go now, ok our owners are one of the more responsible ones financially and I know we played decent football last season but it just doesn't seem the same now ( and the squad is actually weaker than at the end of the season and I don't think we'll do as well this season), to be honest I couldn't care less if we get to the prem league, there's no way we could compete because of the money, you are just hoping to survive.

Maybe it's about time there was a European League, You could pretty much name the top 6 in the prem league this coming season in whatever order, so maybe something needs to be done to make it a bit less predictable.

Mind you I'd rather have a good days fishing this weekend :thumsup :joy :joy :joy :joy