If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

JCB Golf Club

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

JCB Golf Club

Unread post by bill yards »

Apparently all the relative planning has been passed and the work is out to tender for the new golf course and club house on the JCB land.
Work will start this autumn.

This was in my evening paper the other night. I don't know how it will effect the fishing if it does at all.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

JCB Golf Club

Unread post by craftytafty »

Apparently they are losing Woodseats, which the way it fishes now, then a golf course can't come quick enough  :rofl :rofl :rofl
I think they will also lose part of the South Lake as the 17th green is going to be on the big island.

North Lake I don't think is going to be affected.
If you put jcb golf course in google you can get to see the plans.

I have heard that jcb are either digging or giving them another lake on another site
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

JCB Golf Club

Unread post by TK »

Sorry to see Woodseats going - aok not necessarily megga weights, but a picturesque venue :'(
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

JCB Golf Club

Unread post by bill yards »

I am a bit surprised at that.
Being a former part of the now defunct Caldon Canal I would have thought it was a very key part of our heritage.
If they had put in planning for a brothel to built on there I guess it would have got passed. :surprise :surprise

I am sure you can see what I am getting at?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

JCB Golf Club

Unread post by TK »

thought it was a very key part of our heritage.

That did cross my mind Bill Image