If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Division 1 National

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Unread post by Dodge »

Not long now for the big event , always a proper buzz 8-)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Division 1 National

Unread post by joffmiester »

Ive not heard much about it Dodge still i'm not in a team so not much interest :toungeout :toungeout :toungeout
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Unread post by bill yards »

anybody know how many teams are in it? :toungeout
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Division 1 National

Unread post by Pedro »

anybody know how many teams are in it? :toungeout

Clay Lane fo one....thanx to Bill and the Midlands Massive  :thumsup

Fancy Laners to do well this year.. .unfortunately  won't be in the lineup missen...  due to ill health   :'(

Working hard to hopefully make the draw -  though  ;)
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Unread post by Dodge »

5 sections on the tidal and 5 sections on the non tidal. Just shelled out on a proper 4 mtr river feeder rod :naughty 8-) hope I get a bite ! :rofl :rofl :D
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Best of luck Clay Laners next Saturday and in case I forgot many thanks for last year.

Stick it up 'em :naughty :naughty :tiphat
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Division 1 National

Unread post by Pedro »

:-* No probs Bill...... thanks fo a job well done on T&M  :tiphat :thumsup :tiphat

This year.......we will be pushing fo a top 10 placing  :joy Image :joy
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

All the best Dodge for Saturday Dodge, mek it go round :thumsup
scrubba

Division 1 National

Unread post by scrubba »

Looking forward to it this year. Apparently fishing well. Some bloke called Alan Scotthorne caught over 20lb of roach on the wag at Shelford. Bream weights of 30lb+ at Hamms Bridge, think that is same section.
Just not sure what the tidal conditions will be on the day???
Anyway hope to catch a few and not have too long a walk.
Good luck all involved. :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Unread post by Dodge »

All the best Dodge for Saturday Dodge, mek it go round  :thumsup
Cheers Bill :thumsup

Going with a one rod mentality but if the peg looks reet for a nice days stick or waggler fishing then happy days :) loads of roach and dace showing right through that hardly ever get fished for , one of our lads had 13lb odd on the stick float in a match last week . Started prepping last week , all this weekend and all next week , love the buzz of the National but at the end of the day it's all down to the draw and let's all hope the weather stays kind next week :tiphat
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

This area has always been a good indication on the level of the River Trent.
We have the upper Trent here and lots of little tributaries around here.
There is a bit of extra water to come down but it will only do good, rained all day here Fri and Sat, bits of it were very heavy. Our river is up and the Penk and they both go into the Trent.
Nothing to be alarmed about though as the forecast is for a dry week round here, maybe odd showers that will do no harm.
It takes about three days to reach Newark and whereas it will pick up more water on the way it is a bigger river down there and can absorb it better.

I would think conditions would be spot on next Saturday, it tends to fish much better after a small refresher.
sutty

Division 1 National

Unread post by sutty »

its forecast a bit of water around nottingham from wednesday onwards dont think itll ruin it probably make it better for feeder fishing for bream n barbel
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Division 1 National

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

That Sean Ashby is quite good isn't he?

I was next peg downstream sunday at Collingham - I wasted most of the match fishing for a Barbel - but from a short while on the stick I reckoned that I could do 6 pounds or so of bits (tiny dace and slightly bigger roach) if I'd spent the match on it.

Sean chucked his feeder rod up the bank after 45 mins and spent the rest of the match on the whip fishing up in the water. I didn't think he was catching very fast ... and the fish were tiny (my roach ont he stick were bigger) .... I thought maybe 8 or 9 pounds ???

I see from the mail results that he weighed 6.2 kilos!!!! feeling properly chastened.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Division 1 National

That Sean Ashby is quite good isn't he?

I was next peg downstream sunday at Collingham - I wasted most of the match fishing for a Barbel - but from a short while on the stick I reckoned that I could do 6 pounds or so of bits (tiny dace and slightly bigger roach) if I'd spent the match on it.

Sean chucked his feeder rod up the bank after 45 mins and spent the rest of the match on the whip fishing up in the water.  I didn't think he was catching very fast ... and the fish were tiny (my roach ont he stick were bigger) .... I thought maybe 8 or 9 pounds ???

I see from the mail results that he weighed 6.2 kilos!!!!  feeling properly chastened.

Might not of said that if your feeder rod had gone off the rest. ;) ;)
Sean,Daran will always want to catch whats in front of them and like noting better than putting fish in their nets yet the other week Sean soon left the small fish alone and caught Bream to win the match . its a natural skill for sure i hate it when anglers say they drew bob on anyone could of won it from there :nono :nono :nono i like following match results these lads whether its the trent ,Soar or Evesham they always get that little bit extra out of there pegs .
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Division 1 National

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Yep Joff ... this game is all about decisions.

what surprised me more is that I'm usually a pretty good judge of what's being caught around me ..... in fact if anything I overestimate other's catches .... not on this occasion!

Anyway - I posted to highlight yet another option that might be quite attractive to canal teams?
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Unread post by Dodge »

Yep Joff ... this game is all about decisions.

what surprised me more is that I'm usually a pretty good judge of what's being caught around me ..... in fact if anything I overestimate other's catches .... not on this occasion!

Anyway - I posted to highlight yet another option that might be quite attractive to canal teams?
Plenty of bites and plenty of options is all anyone can ask for :thumsup. Some nasty weather forecast Thursday / Friday Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Division 1 National

KILLJOY !! Dodge still might bring the Barbel and Bream on have a good one anyway .i'll be thinking of you as i'm at a wedding all day :cheers :cheers
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Division 1 National

Our river here, which with the Penk goes into the Trent is up a bit but as clear as tap water. You can see the bottom virtually anywhere. It is nowt to bother about as the weed is holding it back quite a bit as I'm sure it will on the Dove and Derwent. - It is then latter two that tend to cause problems but I think it will be fine and it should be a decent match :thumsup
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Division 1 National

Unread post by MrV »

Good Luck to all the site members fishing the National....hope you all catch summat and would be nice to read a few of your "reports" on here :thumsup :thumsup
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Division 1 National

Unread post by Arch »

Our river here, which with the Penk goes into the Trent is up a bit but as clear as tap water. You can see the bottom virtually anywhere. It is nowt to bother about as the weed is holding it back quite a bit as I'm sure it will on the Dove and Derwent. - It is then latter two that tend to cause problems but I think it will be fine and it should be a decent match :thumsup

The Dove was fining off last night quite nicely, but was clear and a lot of weed was coming down. It was playing havoc with my 15mm Halibut boilie set up. :D