If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

My trip to the dark side

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Gents , not Cashmore related but a story I wanted to share with you

Have some holiday this week so planned a few fishing trips :
Monday - first time visit to Cob House - I know its reputation but wanted to check it out myself , told the guy in the shop I had a bad back and wanted a short walk - he pointed me towards Laurel - nobody on the lake so i set up , fished top 2 as I had read and proceeded to catch 60 plus carp between 12oz and 6lb - was way beyond angling and almost commercial fishing - float did not have time to settle , was in a vortex of swirling carp and I gave up watching float moving and just waited for the lastic to stretch - dark side but became boring after the first dozen fish - decided that if all my fishing were like this i would take up golf

One surprising event was me hooking a 4lb carp in the V of his tail , led me a merry dance for 10 minutes trying to get him in and just as he was ready to give up I sank my landing net to reverse him in , lifted the net to find the 4lb foul hooked carp PLUS a 3lb carp that happened to be hanging around the platform and was most surprised to be netted by me !!! 7lb of carp in one scoop .

Tuesday - Woodside Fishery near Cleobury Mortimer - nice tidy fishery , lots of lilly pads on the lake and had a great day , catching carp ( but did not have them crawling up my pole !) and roach , rudd , perch , even a few gobios !! Far more enjoyable than CH as I had to change my methods when things went quiet , fished top 2 , 2 + 2 , margins , up in the water at 8m and had to work for my fish - felt this was angling and not just " fishing "

Wednesday - Farm Pool nr Cleobury - lovely farm pool where I have fished many times before and usually catch my fish ( mainly carp but they do not surrender ) all in the margins in 12 inches of water - decided I needed to try something different and put a stumpy waggler on and chucked it into the middle of the pond ( only about 20 metres ) with maggots 'pulted over to get them thinking - had a smashing time catching carp , bream , roach and more gobios - learnt a few things about waggler fishing on lakes and would say it was the best session of the week as I tried something new ( to me ) and made it work

Well thats my week so far , mainly fishing , looking forward to the Trent Match

Tight Lines :tiphat
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by MrV »

Nice one Trev. Nice to see you putting holidays to good use :thumsup :thumsup
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by Obi »

nice one mate :thumsup
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by carlos »

Nice 1 i thought you only got 2for1 at asda if only that happened I'm a match :rofl :thumsup
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by Phil B »

Hands up all of you who have missed sitting under a tree, clutching a 52.4ft (16Mtr) Carbon pole. Whilst the thunder crashed and the lightning flashed around them today.
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

did not miss it at all phil were on trent wi rod :rofl :rofl :rofl
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

My trip to the dark side

Unread post by Phil B »

Must have felt safely insulated in those rubber underpants.