If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Trent at Branston Golf Club

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
BottomedOut

Unread post by BottomedOut »

Hi ive got a match at this place in july, never fished it before and Ive only fished a river a few times in the last twenty years, any tips would be great please
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Fast, shallow and weedy with a few deeper pegs. I fished that stretch 4 times last year. I found stick float the best. It took some working out with all the weed. Find a clear run through and stay on that line. Waggler, the same. Small fish mainly with the odd bigger fish. Bronze maggot was the best for me. If you get a deeper peg you could fish a feeder. I did, but found the fish backed off after a while, maybe because i had to use a lot of lead to hold bottom.

In the match we fished. 14lbs won (Two bream) 7lbs was second (One Bream) and I was third with 4lbs 11oz of small stuff.

One word of warning. Watch out for these.

http://www.burtonwatersports.co.uk/inde ... bd6e9984b7

They ruined the end of our match. We packed up early because of them.
BottomedOut

cheers i appreciate it, will be great to trot a float down and catch some bits, how far down can you go, is it up to the bridge. hope the boats arnt out when we are there
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Are you on the Mutual bit ?? They have a few pegs downstream of the car park, then another club has the rest to the bridge.
BottomedOut

yeah I am, had a walk down to the bridge couldnt see no signs fo the other club, on the map it shows there stretch going round quite a bit