If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 6 2014 - Walking it on The Wyrley

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

This was the first trip of the year to the clubs waters – the Wyrley & Essington at Fishley – and those members that could make it ‘knew’ it would be a big fish or bust match as most of the clubs matches on the canal are won with double figures – tincas and bremes the quarry needed to frame.

We were all safely through the gate nice and early as the members ‘responded’ to the call to be there for 8.15am...........but having ‘locked us in’ there was one problem............ Image

Nobody would take responsibility and look after the key just in case Heinzer mislaid it again resulting in another ‘lock in’  Image

Big Col and Blues4eva had assumed the role of pegger outers and dropped pegs 1 to 9 on the wides (well 3 to 9 really as pegs 1 and 2 were just past the cables near to ‘Joffies bend’)  ;)

Pegs 10 to 20 went in ‘south’ of the turnover bridge

With us all locked in, the draw was made earlier than usual and with a couple of pegs left in the bag (the usual drawbags had all claimed the fancied wides)  Image I pulled out 15.

Hadn’t gorra clue where it was, just hoped it wasn’t a jaunt. :D

Peg 15 wasn’t a peg I’d fished before, but I fancied it for a few – just hoped there were a few bremes lying in that track........

But then all hopes of a bagging session vanished into thin air..............down the towpath plodded the ‘Kiss of death’  (KOD to the uninitiated) and dropped on peg 16  Image

And here’s proof of the nightmare next door  Image

Whilst to my right I’d got the bagging master Yamo

The off and lines fed. A look on the punch resulted in just a few tiny roach, not the expected bremes. Looking to my left, I could see that Carlos on his first visit to the cut was having his lackie tugged a bit as he flew out of the blocks in that first hour, netting a few. Image

The KOD was getting worried about his reputation  :D – someone catching of the next peg to him! ‘Face the other way’ I shouted down to him – he was obviously using all his ‘power’ focussing on me and Yamo whilst fishing to his right with his back to Carlos.  :'(

Anyway, to cut a long story short. The sun shone, the birds sang and the five hours flew by in as pleasant a surrounding as you’ll find anywhere. Not to mention the two proud swans that paddled by, accompanying their seven cygnets. 8-)

As for the fishing. Knowing a few tincas had put in an appearance I spent most of the time dragging a worm about or sitting on the caster. Slip a pinkie on and it was a fish a chuck............only problem they were 150 to the lb. Augurs well for the cut though if they manage to grow on.

So it was 15 mins without a bite on worm or caster, and just to relieve the monotony of a stationary float (thats when I wasn’t working it) a quick snatch of a dozen fish, then back to the w & c...........which sadly failed to produce. :'(  Image

Enuff of the tale of woe – lets have the tale of the scales

First up on end peg 20 was Trevor B who’d put some silvers together......

Blues4eva next door had fared a bit better

Debutant Carlos had had a lackie stretcher on the punch too

Onto the wides, Tricast62 had a couple of tinkers on the pellet  :o

Whilst in ‘dump mode’ Big Col had made his worm and caster work much better with 8 tincas – enuff to walk it – without the 10 beasties he admitted he’d lost  :o :o :o

PEG
20 TREVOR B 2.7.2
19 BLUES4EVA 9.6.10
18 ZORRO 1.13.12
17 CARLOS 6.1.0
16 KOD 0.7.2
15 TK 1.7.9
14 YAMO 0.9.15
12 OBI 1.14.1
11 DAZ W 1.5.6
9 PHIL B 0.4.13
8 MR V 3.1.2
7 COTTI 0.0.8
6 TRICAST62 7.9.13
5 HEINZER 1.6.8
3 MIKE E 2.9.12
2 BIG COL 23.0.9
1 MGB 2.0.8

And The Ripleys ‘Believe it or Not’ of the day?

Cotti fed the punch, caster and pellet. First put in and a micro roach. ‘Sod this’ he thought, ‘Its time for the caster’ and spent the next 4hrs 59 mins biteless on the caster and pellet  Image – two baits he puts to good use on his many outings down there. He was loffing when he told everyone as he weighed in – but I reckon it was the shock coming to the fore........

2nd best loff of the day – with all the ‘knocking’ in his reedbed opposite, Yamo admitted with 20 mins to go that he’d been ‘chasing two coots about all day’  Image

All in all, not a great weight for TK, but he’d enjoyed it........   Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Another good write up TK and overall a lovely day considering it did not p**s down again , lots of small fish in the cut and some lovely tincas were pulled out .

Well done to Big Col on his net
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Great write up t.k Image

And we'll done big col Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Tricast62 had a couple of tinkers on the pellet

Thats shocking....I never thought I would see the words "Tricast" and "pellets" in the same sentence  Image Image.....Come on Bruv, get a grip of yourself  Image Image Image

Great write up TK. Big well done to Colin and the other framers.  Image
It's one of the things I love about the enigma which is our canal....you never know where the framers will come from. It certainly tests your nerves and patience. Poor old Cotti sat between me and Tricast struggling for a bite, and you know what...he never moaned once about the fishing or the venue....Top Man  Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

can only apologize bruv the feels embarrassed :-[ now Image Image Image well done col lad good win that. man o match were defo cotts brill attitude to sit there for 4 hours an 59 mins biteless 1 fish first put-in .
an brill report boss top marks again Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Bloody Hell i mist this report well done Col lovely net of tench what venue when you catch it right  Image Image
and another great write up TK Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Bet the same draw bags will be on the same pegs on Sat Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Bet the same draw bags will be on the same pegs on Sat  Image

No doubts there TK :joy
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Unfortunately the forecast isn't too good for the weekend with high winds so fishly lane it is,there's a bit more cover there just hope I can nick a peg off the usual drawbags ;)
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

How thoughtful of the German High Command to provide a timely reminder of the surrender of their naval forces in 1944.
What a review. I am sure I noted Bismark, Tirpitz , Graf Spee and Prinz Eugin all pass at high speed on the Curly Wyrley today.
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

date correction should of course be 1945
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »