If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Ryecroft fisheries silverfish match

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

I like a profile of the venue ;) ;)thanks buddy Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

latest two results.

Wed 20th Nov

1st Andy Taft peg 10 12lb 2oz

2nd Jason Fell 5lb 6oz peg 6

3rd Charlie Shaw 5lb peg 8

fished rock hard but the weather was horrendous, freezing cold, hail storm etc.
Blew my brolley and box over and broke a No 5 and 2 No 2's before the match so that really set me up for a good day Image Image.

Not many there but the weather was horrendous.

Saturday 23rd Nov

1st Rob Wooton 11lb 4oz peg 14

2nd John Eccles 9lb 5oz peg 16

3rd Dean Guest 8lb 13oz peg 21

4th Bill Rutherford 8lb 6oz peg 2

5th Steve Polki 7lb 8oz peg 15

Hard fishing again, but there was an horrendous frost ( my peg (18) had ice on it and it's the shallowest peg on the but lake but I still had a decent day with plenty of bites. Not many quality fish on that peg unless you can catch big perch down the edge which I didn't Image Image. I must have had 60 roach for 4lb 12oz and I spent ages trying for a perch which was daft, so I could have a fair bit more just getting my head down on small fish.

Still everyone caught. Was talking to the lads on the carp match on the moat and a lot caught nowt, one guy had 3 gudgeon while the bloke opposite, who's float was maybe 10 foot away had 100lb.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Next Wednesday, we're going to have the match on Donno lake, which is another lake at Rycroft, which has loads of silvers in.

It's a deep lake which has loads of roach perch and skimmers as well as bream up to 5lb plus.

I was on it in the Rycroft winter league on sunday and had a really nice day.

I weighed 27lb of skimmers and bream plus 4 carp for a total of 53lb, all on pellet at 13m where it was 11 foot deep. If I put a caster on I could get a bite a chuck off roach, perch etc .
Quite a few of the lads on the lake caught skimmers too.

we've had matches on it before and it usually takes a decent weight to win, over 20lb's even when it's really cold .

I want to swap the lakes around on a Wednesday to take a bit of pressure off the Carp lake for the Saturday matches and vary it a bit.
Week after we'll go on the old canal which is 14m wide but again lots of Skimmers, roach, perch and lots of chub too.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Fished peg 10 today. I wanted to fish last Saturdays match but got stuck at work on Friday and couldn't get to the tackle shop in time to get my bait, so used it today instead. Broke a no 7 section as well, so it must be the peg.

Maybe had around 3lbs, nothing big and i needed to chop and change to keep what bites i was getting, coming. A good frost to this morning. Worm and Joker at 13m with 50/50 Leam and GB. Pinkie at 7m to my left and Caster at 7m in front. One time i'll actually make a match, although Saturdays are awkward as it's overtime day.
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Taff that's a good idea changing things round a little more as I think the main lake is taking a hammering! Will be coming on a few more soon mate when I can as it's great fishing. Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

sound Lee, be good to see you there. ( that elastic thing we spoke about has been a lot better for them perch)

I think it will help and there's loads of silvers in the other lakes too
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Eyup lads, me and a couple of me pals Matt Godfrey and possibly Rob wooton are gonna make an appearance saturday, whats the crack been recently? Heard the weights have dropped slightly? Many of those skimmers showing or is it mainly roach at the minute? Any info would be greatly recieved.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Hi Sam

Yeah, it has gone harder of late, this weather hasn't helped, freezing one day, milder the next.

Yesterday tho it fished ok, but it seems like you really need to be in the deep water in front of the cabin round to peg 13.

Peg 8 won yesterday, 20lb 6oz, fished one line 13m with chopped worm/ caster. never moved off one line all day and had quality fish roach and perch to a pound and bream to 3lb.
2nd was peg 10 with 16lb skimmers and 4 good bream to 3lb this time on pellet but fished one 14m line virtually all day.
3rd was peg 13, 12lb 3 good bream plus skimmers, 14m on pellet one line towards peg 14.

after that it was really hard but everyone had between 7 and 9lb.

I was on 16 and really struggled, although I didn't fish a good match, went up my own jacksy a bit, too many lines, chasing round instead of my usual 2 lines. never saw a quality fish all day till the last 10 minutes when I had 2 12oz roach. I do think low doubles were possible off the peg if I'd fished properly, although Swinno has been on the peg and struggled recently and he's 10 times better than me, so maybe I'm being a bit critical of myself.
The wag and mag has been catching a lot of fish lately, but not much quality. if I'm on a peg that I can fish it I will start on it Saturday as it puts a few fish in the net early cos a lot of other lines don't produce.

I will probably have a 13m pellet line, short line between 5 and 8m depending on what peg I'm on putting some joker/ caster in leam and leaving it for at least an hour and possibly the wag for the first hour.

it's virtually full for satday, think there's one place left.

(Sam, could you ask Rob to confirm asap if he's fishing, cos we need to sort the pegging out.)
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Cheers Tafty some good info there!
Trying to get hold of Rob as we speak mate and il let you know on here ASAP. How many names are down for Satruday as far mate? Im really looking forward to it after fishing some similar matches up at Hayfield on the international rules league.
Here my Number, text me your name so if i can't get to a computer i can inform you what Mr Wooton says.
Cheers - 07456313247
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

19 booked on it including Rob, limit it to 20. draw is half 8.

( there isn't a café on site now Sam but we go to the pitstop in the layby just down the road to Sawley and Long Eaton off the island bout 7-45ish)
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

Unread post by leeben1 »

proper turn out that mate,cant wait Image Image
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

Me to mate ,cant wait lets hope the winds are light then it will be good all round the lake. Image Image
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

Unread post by leeben1 »

Me to mate ,cant wait lets hope the winds are light then it will be good all round the lake. Image Image
see you there mate Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Good match Saturday, really hard fishing but with a lot on the lake it was to be expected.

1st    Sam Randall    Peg 10        10lb 5oz
2nd   Dave Revill      Peg 13        10lb
3rd    Lee Bennett Peg 3 8lb 7oz
4th    Alistair Chisholm Peg 8 8lb
5th    John Eccles     Peg 22         6lb 5oz
Jt 6th Tony Scott     Peg 14
         Andy Taft       Peg 24         6lb
8th    Bill RutherfordPeg 27          5lb 12oz

Sam fished long with pellet and caught skimmers and proper bream, mind you Sam, any more of the 16 metres or fish paste for the skimmers  stuff and I might have to put you on a yellow card lol, told you, paste is for failed method anglers  Image Image Image Image)
Well done tho mate.

Dave Revill fished the wag and mag all day for stacks of small roach, it's catching a lot of fish at the moment but we need to suss out how to sort the better fish on it.

Alistair Chisholm I believe fished worm and joker for 8lb odd of small fish while Lee Bennet had a mixed bag, mostly at 6m on caster including 2 or 3 big perch.

I had 6lb of all small fish  on the wag and at 8metres on pinkie. Couldn't catch on the pellet long, so in future if I was on that bank it's just wag and 8metres with a throw away line just off the edge cos I did have 4 or 5 4/6oz roach there late on. I think doing that 8lb plus was on the peg so possible framing.

I haven't got the weigh sheet but I think everyone had 3lbish plus, so I think that's good winter fishing, especially when I went on a carp match yesterday and had 2 bites while some others bagged, typical winter bingo.
( I'm thinking of doing a sunday silvers league next year on a few different venues in the area ( Coopers/ Brailsford/ Rycroft Donno and Carp Lake Plus another couple if I can find something local)

Next Match Wednesday on Donno Lake, Lots of roach and perch with skimmers up to 4lb+, so give me a call if you fancy a go.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Not being picky or owt mate, because im just not like that but i had 10lb 7oz ;) Image Image hahaha. Great match lads, really enojoyed it. Can't wait for next weekend, got a few things i need to try because i could have had more than what i weighed Image. Tafty is the next saturday match on the carp lake or is that also on donno?
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

I know you did, I just docked you 2oz for being cheeky Image Image Image Image.

Saturdays are all on the Carp lake mate, I'm just moving the Wednesdays around a bit to give the Carp lake a rest, although it was free anytime and everyone wanted a change we could always go on Donno.

I wouldn't mind a crack at the same peg as I had Saturday cos there's a few things I'd do different, mind you I think it's forecast really cold at the weekend so that could mean a bit more cautious approach.

Meant to tell you, John Eccles has got a silvers match on Friday 27th December, it's a bit of fun, mystery pairs as well as individual and if there's too many for the Carp Lake there'll be a few on the old canal, If you want to fish it's £20 up front with a bit of snap after at the Shakespeare in Shardlow.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Handy-capping me more like Image Image haha. Yeah i've heard the weather's set out not to be great for the weekend. Still looking forward to it though mind. Wouldn't mind having a blast on the donno lake again though as it is great silverfishing in there. Loads of fish to be had on the slider. the wag deep-shallow would work to, i reckon 4-6ft deep feeding caster and maggot would work tbh. Okay mate thanks, il have a look what im doing and let you know. Cheers! Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

ha ha, even I won off Peg 10 the other week and I'm old with crap eyesight and a dodgy back Image Image Image Image.

yeah, I think you're right about Donno, Last week I could hardly get a caster to the bottom for the roach up in the water. Some of the bream I had though were 4lb plus.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

I said in the cafe when you all asked where i wanted to draw 10 or 13. Just lucky mate, few fish in front of me, you'd have won it again if you were on it pal. Yeah there's some proper lads in the mate!
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

still gotta catch em, there's some really good anglers on these matches. Nice to see some different styles of fishing picking up money, makes it interesting.

Matt did well yesterday beating Alan Scotthorne off the next peg on the Stainey, came 2nd in his section to Matt Godfrey.