If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sad times for the Joffmiester

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

colly messaged you kid Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WELL DONE MATT
Had a phone call yesterday morning "It's Matt ,Joff ive caught one come down now"
After i'm sure its sixty day this year matt has hunted these big bream over the years he's had numours Bream the biggest scaled just short of 17lb well this one yesterday was 15lb 10oz what a fish

brian_gibson

Unread post by brian_gibson »

Joff,
good luck fishing solo mate, its a big step to walk away from your team, hope it works out for you... Image

I did it a couple of years ago and to be honest, I missed the winter league more than I thought I would........just got back into my team fishing and joined the Sensas MK1 lads.....its scary how much team fishing affects your mind on when deciding on how work your peg, but I wouldn't change and go solo again..... Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

WELL DONE MATT
Had a phone call yesterday morning "It's Matt ,Joff ive caught one come down now"
After i'm sure its sixty day this year matt has hunted these big bream over the years he's had numours Bream the biggest scaled just short of 17lb well this one yesterday was 15lb 10oz what a fish

WOR!!!!...now thats whats called a proper Dustbin Lid ....Boycie...... 8-)

Well done young man Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Joff,
good luck fishing solo mate, its a big step to walk away from your team, hope it works out for you...  Image

I did it a couple of years ago and to be honest, I missed the winter league more than I thought I would........just got back into my team fishing and joined the Sensas MK1 lads.....its scary how much team fishing affects your mind on when deciding on how work your peg, but I wouldn't change and go solo again..... Image

Cheers Gibbo like i said it was my biggest decision of my life i have grown up with Leicester all my life i'd like to think i am a part of the team which is perhaps miss read .but you have to understand for me to to take part in a meeting would be very hard at the moment the new Captain has to take the bull by the horns and put his own mark on the team Nick is a good lad and with Roger as vise Captain they should be ok something i never had .
Going solo Gibbo is something of a challenge i'm having to plan matches for myself a couple of weeks in front i'm on the phone talking about winning methods and pegs .i needed two weeks off fishing just to clear my head so yes i need time to adjust .
After looking after 16 to 20 anglers and listening to the lads talking about there results from the saturday matches or the wednesday matches while i have been planning or pegging out a match and running them it had started to make me realise. Plus only having a sunday and the odd saturday and wednesday now and the pressure of running a business that employee staff full time i wasn't enjoying my fishing i also had to think of the family kids grow up fast and i have 4 to think of lucky for me two are in the mid 20s [but i say lucky i missed out a lot]Max and Izzy are a joy to be around as is the Tank commander so you see the decission had to be made kiddo Image Image Image
once the team is settle perhaps i'l get a call but before that day ijust want to get on the bank good peg or bad i don't have to answer to anyone  ;) ;) ;) 

Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Boycie.....be careful you dont fall into the same trap as me.....packed in team fishing 2004 and decided to go barbelling on trent......I enjoyed the freedom but missed the craic with the lads and teams on the circuit....... however  2010 saw me back into team fishing as Clay Laners were struggling for 8 men to fish the summer league plus the national was on the Trent  Image..
This was also the time that young Snedstar started to cut his teeth on match fishing  Image ;)

Mission accomplished as Laners could once again compete in leauge instead of zero section pointing, plus their peckers were high as they felt they could give the local teams a run for their money Image

Anyway 2010 we held our own on Trent in 15th......2011 saw us on Junky finishing 16th  Image ( with Stainy AA 17th....and Sensas Thorne 18th)  Image Image

2012 saw the dimise of both Stainy and Thorne as both.had by this time trown the towel in.  :-[

Big Cup slit his wrists and then vowed that...once recovered he'd annoy the crappity smack out of every crappity smacker!!   :D Image

2012  again held our own down in Bath on Bristol Avon...again finishing 15th.

Anyway I digress....What im trying to say BOYCIE.....Now im back out on my own, but whalst enjoying it I have gotten Idle and  complacent. ........ this recently smacked me in teeth big style...when I fished a 4 man teams event on tidal trent and came last in my secton each time...WHY??? Cos I'd become soooooooo unfit (yes them weekend hikes with barrow on Junky and River Don really were doing me some good)......plus I couldnt be arsed to explore the potential of my peg  :-[

In a nut shell Boycie....force yourself out of bed on a weekend...even if its sh!t weather
...dont pick matches based on parking behind your peg...also KEEP involved with Leicester AA.

OR YOU TOO MAY WELL BECOME COMPLACENT !!!!!!!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

or get a milf and stay proper fit ! Image :D Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

or get a milf and stay proper fit !  Image  :D  Image
Image ImageI've got a good one anyway dodge
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Cheers Pedro nice words
Pedro I will always fish naturals as my first choice . I just like silverfish matches on commercials in the winter if the stainy was a little closer I'd be up there
Pedro I've missed so much individually I need to have a go small team matches are not problem or big come to think about it just need a gap Image Image Image Image Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

or get a milf and stay proper fit !  Image  :D  Image

Image cant fault ya Dodgstar Image

Saturday nites alright, alright. saturaday nites alright.............for milfin Image Image Image
OOOOOOOer!!! Saturday, saturday...... :D :D :D

AND a sunday AND a monday AND a tuesday AND a wednesday AND a Thusday AND a friday........OOOOOOOer...
Image Image Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

Boycie.....be careful you dont fall into the same trap as me.....packed in team fishing 2004 and decided to go barbelling on trent......I enjoyed the freedom but missed the craic with the lads and teams on the circuit....... however  2010 saw me back into team fishing as Clay Laners were struggling for 8 men to fish the summer league plus the national was on the Trent  Image..
This was also the time that young Snedstar started to cut his teeth on match fishing  Image ;)

Mission accomplished as Laners could once again compete in leauge instead of zero section pointing, plus their peckers were high as they felt they could give the local teams a run for their money Image

Anyway 2010 we held our own on Trent in 15th......2011 saw us on Junky finishing 16th  Image ( with Stainy AA 17th....and Sensas Thorne 18th)  Image Image

2012 saw the dimise of both Stainy and Thorne as both.had by this time trown the towel in.  :-[

Big Cup slit his wrists and then vowed that...once recovered he'd annoy the crappity smack out of every crappity smacker!!   :D Image

2012  again held our own down in Bath on Bristol Avon...again finishing 15th.

Anyway I digress....What im trying to say BOYCIE.....Now im back out on my own, but whalst enjoying it I have gotten Idle and  complacent. ........ this recently smacked me in teeth big style...when I fished a 4 man teams event on tidal trent and came last in my secton each time...WHY??? Cos I'd become soooooooo unfit (yes them weekend hikes with barrow on Junky and River Don really were doing me some good)......plus I couldnt be arsed to explore the potential of my peg  :-[

In a nut shell Boycie....force yourself out of bed on a weekend...even if its sh!t weather
...dont pick matches based on parking behind your peg...also KEEP involved with Leicester AA.

OR YOU TOO MAY WELL BECOME COMPLACENT !!!!!!!

Nice one Pedro, I've put you on list for SACS Image Image good man good man Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Cheers Pedro nice words
Pedro I will always fish naturals as my first choice . I just like silverfish matches on commercials in the winter if the stainy was a little closer I'd be up there
Pedro I've missed so much individually I need to have a go small team matches are not problem or big come to think about it just need a gap  Image Image Image Image Image

Catch yer drift Boycie Image
Time out to re-charge ya betteies and re-group ;)

Just dont discard the team fishing LOOP! :-*
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

Cheers Pedro nice words
Pedro I've missed so much individually I need to have a go small team matches are not problem or big come to think about it just need a gap  Image Image Image Image Image

Catch yer drift Boycie  Image
Time out to re-charge ya betteies and re-group  ;)

Just dont discard the team fishing LOOP!  :-*

You a poet now?? Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Cheers Pedro nice words

Catch yer drift Boycie  Image
Time out to re-charge ya betteies and re-group  ;)

Just dont discard the team fishing LOOP!  :-*

You a poet now??  Image Image

Noooooo dont be silly....... Im a..........

PROEt Image Image :D Image
Dick

Unread post by Dick »

Sorry to hear this Joff on one hand, and on the other glad you'll be able to focus on your own fishing now, hopefully bring a lot of enjoyment mate.

This post brought back a lot of memories from when I fished the SVWL as a teenager.

Always remembered rushing back to Cotes Mill after to try and get some cobs before they ran out, and knowing that if you'd been uo Normanton you'd never make it back in time!

After the results you playing brag with Julian (often my lift). In fact I'm remembering a hell of a lot of guys now, Julian, Ron Scales and Kev Coupe from IPT, Simon Harper who got me into team fishing. Roger who put me in the Quorn side for the Hickman Signs league, then endorsed my place in the England trials. I remember listening to Sid and Tony talking about how they'd fished.

Millions of memories!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Personally i think its still the best league out there to fish the sections this year have been spot on.only wish i was fishing it .still next year might be a different story as i want to still be apart of the winter league setup
i wanted to step down a few years ago and perhaps that would of been better Dick as the last season or two it really got to me if the time is right and i go back into team fishing i will just be a team player and do my job Image
talking about Normmaton it was hell of a walk Imageand yes good times i once won my section just down from windy corner with 4oz back then it was 16 peg sections :o :o :o
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

[quote]Sorry to hear this Joff on one hand, and on the other glad you'll be able to focus on your own fishing now, hopefully bring a lot of enjoyment mate.

CHEERS DICK Image making loads of errors at the minute and in fairness its very quiet the phones not ring every 5 minutes plus i'm not missing all the drinking and i never thought i'd say that Image Image plus seeing the family more Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Cheers for the PM Image everything is fine my camera has been delivered Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

You have a new message and Thankyou Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yes the first round of the sensas challenge is this Saturday  packington and barston i'm looking forward to it  Image mate