If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

DEBATES ABOUT THE A/Ts

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

DEBATES ABOUT THE A/Ts

Unread post by big_cup »

its greed simple as, all there doing is taking money from anglers, you will have to become a member of the angling trust to fish the winter league next  ::)
Unfortunately AT make it easy to knock them by not publishing balance sheets for events
When dealing with money you need to be transparent to avoid rumours
There always seem to be lots of AT staff at events. Some may be paid and some volunteering, but until they publish balance sheets no one will know
Having run big matches I know what a thankless task it can be, but lets wait for evidence before being critical

You getting a back hander for your statement?? :-/ :-/
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Statler
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Wish I could draw
Match Team/ Club: Stainforth Angling Centre

DEBATES ABOUT THE A/Ts

Unread post by Statler »

No just trying to be fair
All are innocent until proven otherwise and at least they are trying to do something.
Trouble with anglers is that many moan (often some of the big names) but they are not willing to do anything themselves - one of the reasons I packed in organising matches etc.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

DEBATES ABOUT THE A/Ts

Unread post by joffmiester »

No just trying to be fair
All are innocent until proven otherwise and at least they are trying to do something.
Trouble with anglers is that many moan (often some of the big names) but they are not willing to do anything themselves - one of the reasons I packed in organising matches etc.

Quite right unless anglers get more involved nothing will change .it looks like I have a witch hunt with the A/Ts I support a lot of what they do all I want is a detailed account of why so much is taken and why this money is not reinvested back into the competition sector and where does it go that's a honest question from a honest member so why the brick wall. Like I run matches never take a penny out it all goes to the club towards the rent of there waters and a balance sheet before each match shows this
Like I said the Trent and Mersey lads have run great match at £2 a peg the club must well happy so why do the A/Ts come along and charge a premium admin charge yet we don't see where it goes