If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Fishing License

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

yeah i can get to the medway but the only 2 places i know to fish along it are in maidstone town centre where you are liable to be relieved of your gear by a certain population of the town. or to fish by allington marina where you get swarms of people on bike and i have had gear broke by them where they dont look or just dont care. if you can tell me where else along there il give anything a go
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fishing License

Unread post by TK »

well cashmores/ harrisons has a closed season on one part of their stretch but its nothing to do with any type of fish or who's bonking who but its all down to a plant. Yes a plant is the reason it as a close season. Personally for all i and millions of others know we could of walked all over this plant as none of us have a clue what it looks like.

Im sure TK will post what the plant is   ;)

Being as you mention it ME I'll bore the pants off everyone with this taken from the SSSI citation......

Description and Reasons for Notification:

The Cannock Extension is a terminal side branch of the Wyrley and Essington Canal extending northwards for 2.5 km towards Norton Canes. It is part of the extensive inland waterway system running throughout Birmingham and the Black Country.

The high water quality, uneven canal bottom and the low volume of boat traffic have allowed a diverse aquatic flora to develop without any extensive reedswamp incursion.

A total of thirty four aquatic plants have been recorded from the canal, making it the richest known waterway of its type in Staffordshire and the West Midlands, and placing it high within the national canal network series.

Of major importance is a large population of the nationally scarce floating water-plantain Luronium natans, the best known colony in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. This plant, recognised as endangered in Europe, is found throughout the length of the Cannock Extension. Good populations also exist of flowering-rush Butomus umbellatus, arrowhead Sagittaria sagittifolia, shining pondweed Potamogeton lucens, perfoliate pondweed P. perfoliatus and spiked water-milfoil Myriophyllum spicatum, all of which are rare or uncommon in Staffordshire. Other uncommon species present include curled pondweed P. crispus and narrow-leaved water-plantain Alisma lanceolatum.

The eastern canal bank is brick-edged with several species including hemlock waterdropwort Oenanthe crocata, skullcap Scutellaria galericulata, fairy flax Linum catharticum and water dock Rumex hydrolapathum, growing out of the brickwork.

The towpath itself supports such species as common spotted-orchid Dactylorhiza fuchsii and greater bird’sfoot- trefoil Lotus uliginosus. The western bank is much more natural with reed sweet-grass Glyceria maxima and branched bur-reed Sparganium erectum forming extensive marginal stands. Yellow iris Iris pseudacorus and yellow loosestrife Lysimachia vulgaris add to the diversity of this community.

At least nine species of dragonfly have been recorded in association with the canal, including the red-eyed damselfly Erythromma najas and emperor dragonfly Anax imperator, the latter species being at the northern edge of its range in Britain
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fishing License

Unread post by TK »

Back to the licence.......

Mine arrived today - done it by DDeb for years

This year it's the year of the Essox Lucius
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by Dave C »

Gale
Im not upwith whats currently available on the Medway but believe there are stretches at East Farleigh, Yalding possibly Barming and Wateringbury either free fishing or day ticket . The sports ground in Tonbridge was a day ticket stretch years ago.
Leave it with me for a while and Ill see if I can get some current info.

There are also a number of commercials in the area and our club is trying a new venue for us this year at New Claygate Lakes just south of Yalding. We had a good try out day there in October and Lake Sophie is supposed to have bream in excess of 10lb.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fishing License

Unread post by bill yards »

Being as you mention it ME I'll bore the pants off everyone with this taken from the SSSI citation......

Description and Reasons for Notification:

The Cannock Extension is a terminal side branch of the Wyrley and Essington Canal extending northwards for 2.5 km towards Norton Canes. It is part of the extensive inland waterway system running throughout Birmingham and the Black Country.

The high water quality, uneven canal bottom and the low volume of boat traffic have allowed a diverse aquatic flora to develop without any extensive reedswamp incursion.

A total of thirty four aquatic plants have been recorded from the canal, making it the richest known waterway of its type in Staffordshire and the West Midlands, and placing it high within the national canal network series.

Of major importance is a large population of the nationally scarce floating water-plantain Luronium natans, the best known colony in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. This plant, recognised as endangered in Europe, is found throughout the length of the Cannock Extension. Good populations also exist of flowering-rush Butomus umbellatus, arrowhead Sagittaria sagittifolia, shining pondweed Potamogeton lucens, perfoliate pondweed P. perfoliatus and spiked water-milfoil Myriophyllum spicatum, all of which are rare or uncommon in Staffordshire. Other uncommon species present include curled pondweed P. crispus and narrow-leaved water-plantain Alisma lanceolatum.

The eastern canal bank is brick-edged with several species including hemlock waterdropwort Oenanthe crocata, skullcap Scutellaria galericulata, fairy flax Linum catharticum and water dock Rumex hydrolapathum, growing out of the brickwork.

The towpath itself supports such species as common spotted-orchid Dactylorhiza fuchsii and greater bird’sfoot- trefoil Lotus uliginosus. The western bank is much more natural with reed sweet-grass Glyceria maxima and branched bur-reed Sparganium erectum forming extensive marginal stands. Yellow iris Iris pseudacorus and yellow loosestrife Lysimachia vulgaris add to the diversity of this community.

At least nine species of dragonfly have been recorded in association with the canal, including the red-eyed damselfly Erythromma najas and emperor dragonfly Anax imperator, the latter species being at the northern edge of its range in Britain

You've got that one pretty well spot on TK. Certainly bore the plants off me Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fishing License

Unread post by Dodge »

How do you renew your fishing license if you have changed address or moved into a new area ?
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fishing License

Unread post by bill yards »

How do you renew your fishing license if you have changed address or moved into a new area ?

I do mine at the Post Office, - they may have some forms.

Mind you, I will not pay for 'owt online whatever it is :-X :-X
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fishing License

Unread post by Dodge »

I do mine at the Post Office, - they may have some forms.

Mind you, I will not pay for 'owt online whatever it is :-X :-X

Ta Bill , i will tell me mate Image ;)