If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

not long now HOLLAND

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

not long now HOLLAND

Unread post by joffmiester »

good old days with taff in Holland

taff with acouple of carp from the moat the biggest 19lb odd

and here on another flyer  Image Image Image Image

perhaps i should ofdownloaded them first to get the size bigger :-/ :-/
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

Unread post by craftytafty »

yes, I have to concede it was a flyer. it was flat calm at the start, blowing a gale at the end. 40 bream for 57 kilo's won the match, just one of those red letter days when it all went to plan.

Those roach in the harbour are awesome. we had a match on it and everyone caught roach to 3lb as well as the bream. (Must of been another flyer cos i won it with 28 kilos Image Image Image Image)
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

not long now HOLLAND

Unread post by Dodge »

Looks good Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

dodge its a great place your van is right behind you everypeg has a platform the only down size is we can only fish 4 hours although we do pre-bait one hour before  Image
and to be fare they are slimmey old things breames
on the bright side your hands are lovely and soft at the end  Image Image Image Image
plus the nights out are normally good  Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

dazzala any new info Image Image Image
there are a lot of anglers fishing the canal already which can only be good for us Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

Hellevoetsluis From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search Hellevoetsluis
— Municipality —

Flag
Coat of arms

Coordinates: 51°50[ch8242]N 4°08[ch8242]E[ch65279] / [ch65279]51.83°N 4.13°E[ch65279] / 51.83; 4.13Coordinates: 51°50[ch8242]N 4°08[ch8242]E[ch65279] / [ch65279]51.83°N 4.13°E[ch65279] / 51.83; 4.13
Country Netherlands
Province South Holland
Area(2006)
• Total 46.14 km2 (17.81 sq mi)
• Land 31.57 km2 (12.19 sq mi)
• Water 14.56 km2 (5.62 sq mi)
Population (1 January 2007)
• Total 39,673
• Density 1,257/km2 (3,260/sq mi)
Source: CBS, Statline.
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
• Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Website www.hellevoetsluis.nl

Hellevoetsluis ([[ch716][ch614][ch603]l[ch601]vut[ch712]slœy[ch774]s] ( listen)) (population: 39,559 in November 2011, source CBS (Dutch)) is a small city and municipality on Voorne-Putten Island in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality covers an area of 46.14 km² (17.81 mile²) of which 14.57 km² (5.63 mile²) is water and it includes the population centres Nieuw-Helvoet, and Nieuwenhoorn, both former municipalities.

Hellevoetsluis is located on the Haringvliet with the sea, beach and dunes close by, on the extreme southern edge of the Rijnmond and Europoort areas, close to the broad Zeeland landscape. The name translates as "lock at the foot of the Helle". The Helle was a small local river which disappeared over time.

Contents [hide]
1 History
2 Facilities
3 Tourism
3.1 Water sports
3.2 Entertainment
3.3 Events
3.4 Museums
4 International relations
4.1 Twin towns — Sister cities
5 References
6 External links

[edit] HistoryThe history of Hellevoetsluis has always been connected with water. During the time of the United Provinces Hellevoetsluis was the naval port of the Admiralty of de Maze (Rotterdam) and could accommodate an entire fleet within a special land-enclosed fortress with harbour and dockyard facilities, accessible through a canal. Thanks to its strategic situation the town grew from the beginning of the 17th century to be the homeport for the Dutch war fleet. In later years the port was fortified more and more and Hellevoetsluis therefore became a unique combination of fortified town and naval port. The Admirals Maarten Tromp, Michiel de Ruyter and Piet Heyn had their home base here and in 1688 during the Glorious Revolution William III of Orange's invasion fleet departed from the port.

Hellevoetsluis in 1866.The Kanaal door Voorne (Canal through Voorne) was built in 1830 from Hellevoetsluis to Nieuwesluis (near Heenvliet) and made Hellevoetsluis an outport of Rotterdam. It was a period when the town grew and flourished; the shipping industry provided prosperity.

In the first half of the 20th century, however, Hellevoetsluis went into decline. Ocean-going ships became too large to use the canal and the Nieuwe Waterweg was dug, making the Canal through Voorne redundant. The naval base was relocated to Den Helder in the 1930s, the Government shipyard was closed, and during World War II the Germans destroyed three quarters of all buildings in 1944. They also used the canal as a base for Biber submarines.[1]

After World War II Hellevoetsluis grew considerably. As a New Town the population doubled in the 1970s. Today 43,000 inhabitants live in modern houses with abundant green areas nearby. It is home to many commuters working in Europoort or Rotterdam.

[edit] FacilitiesHellevoetsluis has many shops: in addition to the various small (community) shopping centres, there is the covered shopping centre De Struytse Hoeck, which has over 120 shops and is partly built over the Canal through Voorne. Education up to secondary school level, a library, community centres, health care, modern facilities for water sport are all available. Following the construction of the Haringvliet locks, the Haringvliet is ideal water for surfing and sailing. There are also extensive mooring facilities. Close by are the beach and the dunes at Voorne, a nature reserve.

[edit] Tourism
[edit] Water sportsHellevoetsluis is one of the largest water sports centres in the country. There are 2,000 mooring places, spread over five harbours. With such a broad expanse of water as the Haringvliet and the North Sea close by, it is popular with water sports lovers and the Haringvliet is being used increasingly for national and international water sports events.

[edit] EntertainmentThe old town centre, the fortress, has many terraces that look out upon the busy harbour and plenty of bars and restaurants serving 'international' food. There are also restaurants and bars outside the fortress. A children’s farm, a sailing school, a fitness centre, tennis courts, a sauna, etc., are nearby.

[edit] EventsIn August the "Fortress Days" are held. A fleet of ships can also be seen and there is a large, varied fair, aeroplane demonstrations and a big firework display.

Every two years, the Dutch Classic Yacht Regatta is held in the harbour. A large number of classic, sharp yachts can be seen.

Once a month there is a festival called "Bomvrij" (translated: bomb proof) named after the bunker it's held in (Bomvrij Hospitaal). The festival is for the punk, gothic and metalhead community. Every month there is a different band and a different theme.

[edit] MuseumsThere are excellently preserved fortifications in the fortress. A walking tour leads to historical buildings such as the lighthouse, the Prinsehuis, Corn Mill De Hoop and a number of museums. The museum Gesigt van 't Dok situated at Oostzanddijk contains a replica of 1834 of town, fortress and naval shipyard. This replica forms the heart of an exhibition on the development of Hellevoetsluis into a modern naval port at the beginning of the previous century.

The National Firefighting Museum, located in what used to be the Kuiperij and Grootmagazijn on Industriehaven, contains a rich collection ranging from the most primitive fire fighting equipment from centuries ago to the highly sophisticated equipment of today. Water buckets, fire hoses, water barrels, uniforms hand and steam engines, every device that marks a point in the history of fire fighting is represented.

In the Oudheidkamer, also situated on the Industriehaven, there is a collection of items from daily life of the past two centuries. It includes items that relate to the past of Hellevoetsluis as naval port as well as agriculture-related articles.

The first dry dock in the Netherlands dates from 1806, and it marked a revolutionary development in the history of shipbuilding and ship repair. The dry dock is still there and has become a major historical and industrial/archaeological monument.

[edit] International relationsSee also: List of twin towns and sister cities in The Netherlands
[edit] Twin towns — Sister citiesHellevoetsluis is twinned with Torbay, England.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

not long now HOLLAND

Unread post by TK »

You certainly get an education on this forum Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

not long now HOLLAND

Unread post by bill yards »

most of it is double crappity smack dutch Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

i thought you might to know a little history about the place ::) ::) ::)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

well the boys have gone i hope they keep me up dated and i will pass on any results Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

first bit of info
the lads fished the canal yesterday afternoon they had between 8 and 11 bream all of them but the biggest surprise this year they all had a roach a Chuck in-between Image Imagesounds good
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

Best make some bread punch rigs then matey Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

;)BREAD now there's a thought taff is meat banned
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

no, unless it's red!!!! Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

30 kilo won today, then 25kilo, then 19. pegs 301, 302, 303.
Mooner had adry net, Pat ha 6kilo, Jan 4 kilo.
Hard by all accounts
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

30 kilo won today, then 25kilo, then 19. pegs 301, 302, 303.
Mooner had adry net, Pat ha 6kilo, Jan 4 kilo.
Hard by all accounts

BICKO HAD 11KG  HIGGY had 15kg so they must of been just out
Adam said the wind and rain was horrendous anglers fishing next to the platforms rather than on them taff
we have been there mate its not nice when the conditions are that bad
normally its a early drink in the town  Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

yeah, been there, it aint nice. hope it gets better for them.

Since when did you need an excuse for a drink lolol Image Image

Good luck to you all, tell Mr Eustace well done sunday although he needs to work on his estimations of catching b***er all Image Image

I think you may have a hangover sunday cos it's Wout Bakker's 48th bday on satday and Browny is 65 tomorrow so a few beers I expect will be downed.

Tight lines
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

Andy beasley won yesterday 28kg higgy 2nd 26kg 22kg 3rd 40kg winning the festival after two days
bicko had 10kg
not heard about the other lads still fishing hard fish could be spawning
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not long now HOLLAND

pat won the match yesterday with 24kg it was horrendous with gale force winds and rain Image Imagehopefully it will be perfect when we go and i can draw a couple of sluice pegs Image Image Image Imagewell thats aboutme done for a week Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

not long now HOLLAND

Andy beasley won yesterday 28kg higgy 2nd 26kg  22kg 3rd 40kg winning the festival after two days
bicko had 10kg
not heard about the other lads still fishing hard fish could be spawning
that's why they go in the canal !!!!!!! Image Image