If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

poles and cyclists

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Copo

poles and cyclists

Unread post by Copo »

I remember fishing a match at Spag Junction many years ago, I had Ted Yearby next to me and he had just purchased a new pole; the section we were fishing had loads of room behind us and Ted put his rod bag down and was using that as a roller.

Half way through the match two lads came along on their bikes, Teds pole was lying across the path so the first lad bumped his front wheel over it and then bumped his second wheel over it, his mate just rode over it ::) Ted's face was a picture, I just sat there and stared in disbelief, waiting for it to go off, the lad just carried on riding up the canal oblivious to what he had done.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

poles and cyclists

Unread post by Simple »

Did anyone stop the lad. Image
Copo

poles and cyclists

Unread post by Copo »

Did anyone stop the lad.  Image

He was just oblivious to it all, he just carried on down the canal, even Ted was gob smacked until a few seconds later, it was one of the larger sections as well on a brand new pole.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

poles and cyclists

Unread post by Simple »

One of those 'Did that just happen' moments :-/
I have been lucky, they always waited for me to move my pole and been polite too.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

poles and cyclists

Unread post by me »

its been reported that the modern day chavs have been playing up for the last few days on the cuts with remote control flying boats Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

poles and cyclists

Unread post by Simple »

its been reported that the modern day chavs have been playing up for the last few days on the cuts with remote control flying boats Image Image Image Image Image Image

I think I have some footage of the bloody chavs...
Image Image Image

[html]
<object width="600" height="450" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value= /><embed src= type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="450"></embed></object>
[/html]
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

poles and cyclists

Unread post by grover »

pikeys m8!!
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

poles and cyclists

Unread post by me »

thats them Si, The boat people have put up wanted posters of some tall ugly bloke that keeps waking them up Image Image Image
Image Image