If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Silver fish matches Rycroft( Hemmington )

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

I will, not had one on a wednesday for a couple of weeks cos of numbers ( you know what it's like, Image
The last one I won with 24lb of skimmers and roach.

I'd love to get a few on a wednesday, but I don't know what to do to get them there
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

work !! i think mate christmas i know from my business they have started early this year any tins of chocs or biscuits are flying out  Imagebut only if they are half price or buy one get one free Image Image Image Image
its very unsettled this country no one wants to spend or have the time off  :-[ :-[ :-[ we are having to work longer for less even Sundays now lucky for me the tank commander sorts them out  ;) ;)
this why i cant justify staff covering me so i can go fishing on a saturday or wednesdays .don't get me wrong i still get out once or twice but its only after setting the shops up  :-/ :-/

sorry one other point unless your the top bloke for the Leicester county council Image Image he's just been given a 42,000 pound pay rise Image Image Image Image Imagethat makes his wages up to £100,000 a year
front page of the paper i would think it will be on the news Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

had my Xmas match today, couldn't believe it was froze but everyone caught, 17 fished. Andy Beesly won with 12lb of quality roach, 10lb 2nd then 6lb, 6lb, 3 x 5lb's.
everyone got a prize, not one moan, I think it fished brilliant despite the fact it was the first freeze.

quote of the day, Don ( Slaymaker) when I told him there was a prize for everyone said " is there any 4lb maxima, i've run out!!!!!!"
heckle of the day, my 82 year old mother when i told her Graham ( Barry) only had a pound " huh, is that all, i'd have had 2lb !!!! lol
numpty of the day, Me, fished like a clown and when I went shallow in the last hour caught really well!!!! doh!!

def be a permanent fixture this match, thanks to everyone who fished.
got a match there next satday if anyone is interested and also the friday during Xmas, 3th dec.

tight lines
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

GREAT MATCH MATE YOU have to show me how to keep them big fish on the hook ie perch and skimmers can keep the roach on ok 4pounds soon comes 8 pounds back to drawing board ref hooks see you sat Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Thanks Tony, I was stressing all week that it would go ok, just wanted everyone to catch a few.
Keeping the perch on is a problem because I don't think you can target them they come in with the other fish. You never know what you will catch next so it's not like you can fish an appropriate rig just for perch. It's only the last few months I've started fishing for silvers again and one thing I have noticed is that some of the lads do strike very hard compared to me( I've obviously done too much pellet fishing !! lol
I do put my elastic through a top 3, so maybe it's too soft and I'm not setting the hook, so I'll be doing some tops with shorter elastic.

any advice from any of the guys on here most welcome