If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays.........nice curve in that rod

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

The microlight never had metal protectors on the ferrules. The Original Normark Professional had silver ones and the Norboron had gold ones. I'd better hang onto that Pinkie!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I'd better hang onto that Pinkie!

Image I'll leave you guys to fight it out Image
trypewriter
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by trypewriter »

Well, the rod had those silver bits, it was too early to be a norboron I think - and KC did tell me that it was a microlight...

Weird how many rods (and poles) that we thought were state of the art lightweight items at the time, got pressed into carp hauling duty. Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Yes I had on orginal microlite, - superb tool and were good for big fish although it wasn't the original intention. I think the second lot of Microlites were nowhere near as good; they didn't have the metal trims on the ferrules which made thyem a lot weaker.

I had mine nicked fishing an evening KO match (Sentinel Cup) in Hanley Park on the Caldon Canal. I left it leaning on the railings, heard something and some scumbag had lifted the tube out of me holdall from the other side of the railings and pi$$ed off with it.

I hadn't had the rod long and they were quite costly.

Now here is the funny bit. I was insured with Legal and General at the time and their office was next to the road bridge, less than 50 yards from where it was nicked. They were covinced I I was taking the pi$$ when I reported it! it took them ages to cough up and it was followed up with a letter saying they were no longer insuring my fishing gear. Toe rags :-?
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by grover »

wtf???

I've deleted it Grover - the poster is now an 'ex member' ;)