If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 10 - a new king is crowned

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Yamo I have been on peg 12 and 16 twice   Image Image

Brilliant report, I knew you had something to do with that bloody bloke   :D :D :D
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Well done Si Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well done Simple. I told you not to worry. Image

Can I add my thanks to TK. It has been very enjoyable sitting here waiting for your fortnightly reports to see what hardships had befallen the gruellerites. Even though Im 200 miles away its just like being there. As Simple said on another thread " Its just like fishing the Jinx matches but with a lot less fish".

Thank God I dont live nearer or I might be tempted to join you. :D
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Gem »

Well Done Si  Image new you would do it. Always great to hear of your days fishing after a Grueller Match  Image

Well done to all who have braved it, espeshially after the 9th match.... all them blanks!  Image   Image

Well done all, you all seem crackers!

Brill reports as always, enjoyable reads thanks all for shareing Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

My drawing technique is simple.... I put my hand in the bag, jumble them up and count 1.....2
Which-ever disc my hand is on when I say 2 in my head is the peg I pull out. Seems to work ok Image :D

For the first 45 mins of the match I was dry until I started on a new line and caught a gobby. I was soo happy just to catch the one after the last match down the common Image
I stayed on the other line for the rest of match and continued to catch slowly but I was having plenty of bites and missing them.
I was on black hydro that's why I was bumping them off but there was no way I was going to drop down to a lighter lacky as the chub pull you through the gap in the concrete wall and snag your line on the post as I found out on a previous match.

I did try over by the brambles for some bigger fish a few times but didn't want to waste too much time there when I was getting bites on the other line.
I had this strange bloke come and sit behind me, it was ok for the first 10 mins but he was starting to put me off. I was missing bites and he was telling me "oh you missed that" I had my first good fish on and it come off, this guy said "You don't want that happening too many time" >:( >:(
I was fuming inside but I'm too polite to tell him too crappity smack off so I calmly hooked my hook on the bottom of my top kit and said "I'm going for a walk now mate. Nice chatting, see you again" and walked off and sat behind TK and waiting for the coast to clear.
Once he crappity smack off I shot back to my peg Image Image

I hooked into a lovely 10oz roach and as I was about to net it the hook pulled, I thought it was pay back for what I had just done :D :D
I carried on and managed to snare some more roach and with 5 minutes to go the float buried and I felt something more serious than a gobby on the end. I saw a bronze flash in the water and then it came to the top, a nice bream.....

"You 4 eyed jammy crappity smack" came a shout from 2 pegs away as it slipped in to the net. Woodmouse was not a happy bunny Image Image

Word had come round that Bezza had some big chub and after weighing him in I thought he had won to be fair.

No trumpet blowing from me but thanks for the kind comments everyone Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

congrats si, it has been brill reading over winter, used to fish the common and extension 30 odd years ago same then as now by the sounds of it brill one day crap the next but always enjoyed

once again well done m8 Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image ImageWELL DONE SIMPS Image Imageit will be the big league next for you .some of woodworms matches
i hope you had a mars on it mate,he draws chub pegs where never he go'es woodworm
all week he's had man flu Imagebut really he's been getting his kit ready
TK well run mate its great reading about the gruellers i'm hooked on it every round Imageyou have a good bunch of lads there
its like a tonic [drug] after the pegs i draw Image Image Image
take yesterday i drew next to lewis breeze he was telling he won cornerstone the dy before with 16lb Image Image Imagei thought i was in for a right bashing Image Image32 boats later going through the steam bridge stopping starting i realisied i just bring everyone down to my level Imagelewis had 8oz an i had 4oz
Image Image
i'm sure i would be better fishing with you guys Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Well done Si Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

Cheers Joff and JJ  Image

More breaking news from Saturdays match....

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

congrats si, it has been brill reading over winter, used to fish the common and extension 30 odd years ago

You'll have to come and put in an appearance on one of the Image matches in 2009 Image
Sprucey

Unread post by Sprucey »

tk
 first and foremost thanks for running the series . as we all know it`s a thankless task and after match 9 that`s what i wanted to give you . following you home wasn`t a problem ! i needed to know which home you had escape from to warn your carers you had got out again ?  it was good to see lee again .
he always reminds me and lou the reason  we never had any kids thanks mate .only kidding lee you know we are mucka`s . Image well done to si it`s good to see something`s i told you sink in ! i don`t know want ive done to tk that made him get a new peg 13 dug out just for me but if this is going to continue for the rest of the season it`s going to get expensive i`m sure .
I was going to regale you with tales of fish caught and lost but i can`t tell fibs .  i enjoyed seeing friends from the past during the series i.e bezza lloydy and of course woodmouse. i hope to see you all for much of the same next time Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

might just do that Tk,pretty busy with club matches over the summer but would fancy a go on the cut again, live by the T&m in rugeley but boats drive me Image so dont do it much first club match this sunday @ birch lakes silver fish pool at brailsford if any anybody got any info would appreciate
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

first club match this sunday @ birch lakes silver fish pool at brailsford if any anybody got any info would appreciate  

Sorry cant help OBI, but keep us posted on how you get on  Image
its great reading about the gruellers i'm hooked on it every round

Joffie,  DaveC, Dodge and OBI - hope to keep you entertained over the next 7 months with tales from the Cashmores Curse matches - hopefully we'll see a few more fish, but I'm sure the  Image will kick in on more than one occasion, plus there's many a character in the 'crew' to get upto antics ............ Image
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Well done Si congratulations on holding your nerve! Lesser men would quail with all the bull flying about.

I enjoy reading all all the reports and quips great stuff lads.

Thanks T K for all the work you put in running this series and thanks to Yamo and Gez for helping me with my box down a bank like the north face of the Eiger. Image

My peg looked bleak only a wall for a far bank so I started in the near bank by the brambles, off to a flyer with a gudgeon and minnow in first 20 mins. Then disaster, float caught bramble, I pulled for a break and also lost stonfo and complete rig. Image

New rig produced zero bites for another half hour then a magnificent gudgeon took my pinky, after that zilch.

Overall I enjoyed it I moonwalked backwards in the table as The Shark surged further in front, thanks again T K and to all who took part for making it such an entertaing series. Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cheers Bri  Image

What's happend to MarkV  Image

I was looking forward to his witty resume of the day..............

Hope he aint took the hump 'cuss I told him to 'delay' netting that perch cuss my camera wasnt ready  Image
At least Budgie found it amusing  Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

What's happend to MarkV  

Writing this from the Kidney Pond TK, still here.  I’m gonna crack this curse if it kills me. Gave you lot the slip with a uturn-no problem. Bet you didn’t think I’d do it did ya ?   Image

Me resolve is cracking though TK. The missus ‘ll kill me. Had to block her on me mobile. Thinks I’ve got another woman. Got limited internet on this phone thing mate, wont be long mate. Got limited internet on this phone thing mate. Did I say that already ?

On micro gudgeon mate,  no 367 now and they’re getting smaller. Me brolly’s blown inside out, mate. Just about had a belly full mate. Never saw this weather coming. I’m bloomin starving. The gudgeon don’t look bad..

Ooops missed another…. good men don’t give in mate. Did that the last match. This is me last chance mate, no more gruellers. If security cop me now I’ve had it. Gonna make a break for the fence soon, Only so much a man can take mate.

What won it again Tone. ?  4lb what ? Think i’m hallucinating  See ya soon mate. Must be up to at least 3 and a half pound mate. Might make a run for it.  Image

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Don't pack up yet MarkV - I'll be down to you in about an hour to take a few pickies of that net of gobies Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Joffie,DaveC, Dodge and OBI - hope to keep you entertained over the next 7 months with tales from the Cashmores Curse matches - hopefully we'll see a few more fish,

Nice one TK Image Image

Ps dont forget your hanky again when on camera Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

:D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Congratulations Simon. Well fished mate.  Image
It has been interesting keeping up with the series from afar, and I have been doing it somewhat enviously as it was always good craik  ;)