If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Bizarre/funny trivia

Football Chat here

Moderators: Dodge, me

Daylewlia
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Roach must live on their own.

Bizarre/funny trivia

Unread post by Daylewlia »

Is the Welsh one Eddie Nivisekci ( check spelling, not even sure if it ends in i ) the ex Chelsea goalkeeper, now gk coach at Stoke.
Don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Bizarre/funny trivia

Unread post by bill yards »

Is the Welsh one Eddie Nivisekci ( check spelling, not even sure if it ends in i ) the ex Chelsea goalkeeper,  now gk coach at Stoke.

Lou Macari is spot on.

I know who you mean with the ex Chelsea keeper, - think he originally played for Shrewsbury. I don't thnk he actually played in the Home Internationals though but his surname definitely ends with i.
The Irish one goes back the furthest, - the Welsh one was a winger, - real good one as well.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Bizarre/funny trivia

In 1956 Leeds Utd lost in round 3 to Cardiff City 2v1
In 1957 Leeds Utd lost in round 3 to Cardiff City 2v1
In 1958 Leeds Utd lost in round 3 to Cardiff City 2v1
Leeds were the home team on the three occasions.

Cardiff also knocked Leeds Utd out of the FA Cup in 2002. It was also round three and the result was 2v1 for Cardiff, - this one was played at cardiff though!
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Bizarre/funny trivia

Trivia Answers

2) England and Man City golkeeper Jim Mitchell, 1924, played in specs. Rumour has it Joe Hart is thinking about it!
4 Player with the Vagina Dildo anagram is David Ginola
6 One shilling anywhere on the ground (5p).
7 is difficult, - there could be more - Arsenal, there is no such place.
Port Vale and Queens Park Rangers.
9 was that superb Tottenham and Scotland goalie Bill Brown.
10 Harry Blackwell was right yellow stream off at having to play against such a lowly team. It was yellow stream down with rain so he stood in between the posts with a waterproof coat on. That's not all he borrowed a brolly from a guy in the crowd and put that up. Judging by the screline he could hardly have touched the ball anyway.
13 former Stafford Rangers and Tottenham keeper Melia Aleksic who sadly passed away not long back.
15 Segan B astard played for England and after he retired he became a referee; perhaps gave his name to the famous crowd ditty!!!
17 Norman Conquest was an International goalkeeper with Australia.
19 Diego Maradona's one appearance for Tottenham was in Ossie Ardiles testimonial.
20. Alvin Martin's hattrick was against three different goalies. Peter Beardsley was in goal for the last one!
21 Frank Awanka plays his football in Luxembourg
22 Joey Barton
23 is a little cracker. Ghana, South Korea, Soudi Arabia and Algeria. England have never beaten any of them in a full International.
24 The connection with the three Chelsea players is they all have sons named Leo. A lion is prominent on the Chelsea crest, Latin for lion is Leo.
25 Llanfranco Zola was sent off agaainst Nigeria on his 28th birthday.
26 was achap called Stabile of Argentina, 1930 World Cup played four scored 8 - top scorer in the orld Cup and only ever played those four times for his country!
27 I believe he still plays, it was Rio Mavuba. He had to be adopted because he was registered 'stateless'. He was born on a ship.
28 The least capped player of Englands 1966 World Cup winning side was Nobby Stiles.
30 Julian Speroni, C Palace keeper has the middle name Maria! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Bizarre/funny trivia

The two remaining answers to the Home International players ending with an i are

Wales Dick Krzywicki (WBA) right winger he scored his only International goal in the Home Internationals against England in 1970.

Ireland (Republic) was Terry Mancini (Arsenal and QPR) full back, half back or centre half. :tiphat :facepalm
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Bizarre/funny trivia

Unread post by joffmiester »

Bloody hell bill you can cut this out I'm not going to any Irish pub Quizzes !!! :facepalm :facepalm