If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

NOT ANOTHER 'UN

Football Chat here

Moderators: Dodge, me

bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

NOT ANOTHER 'UN

Unread post by bill yards »

Answers:

No 2) Believe it or not the answer is the fixture between Derby County and Notts Forest (something to do with Brian Cloughs days at both clubs).

No 4 I said you would'nt believe this answer but it is Mick McCarthy, - in spite of all the shyte he undeservedly got at Wolves.. Millwall, Sunderland, Wolves, Ipswich and the Republic of Ireland. He is on the plus side of all the clubs he has managed.

5) All those star plyers made up an International X! that played a Stan's XI in Stanley Matthews Testimonial Match in 1965. There were two matches played that night this was the main.
I went to watch this and remember Puskas was like a small barrel then and they stuck hime out on the wing. Yashin threw the ball to him (he always threw it) on the half way line. In one movement Puskas flicked the ball over his own head, turned round and shot against the bar, almost breaking it. The ball never touched the ground from Yashin's hands. There wasn't a murmour from the crowd, they just looked at one another in sheer disbelief at what they had just seen.
He was some player thay Puskas was.
Tony Waiters was in goal for Stan's XI, - he never moved and I swear to this day he never knew what happened. Happy days :thumsup :thumsup

8) The only club to host three internationals at three of their home grounds was Derby County. England 9v0 Ireland at the Racecourse Ground in 1895; England 2v1 Ireland Baseball Ground 1911 and more recently England 4v0 Mexico 2001 at Pride Park.

10) Both Chelsea and Man Utd had 16 players each selected for 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The only Premiership team , 2014-15, that never had a player selected was Burnley. :thumsup :thumsup
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

NOT ANOTHER 'UN

Unread post by bill yards »

What former Notts County footballer and Nottinghamshire County cricketer (he played both) has a day ticket fishery named after him and his family.

Thinking caps on :surprise There is no catch in it at all.