If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Division 1 National Bristol Avon

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Oh next year's div 1 is on the T and M from Armitage to Burton, not sure if they are going to the Derbyshire Bit.
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

Big well done to Dorking Image
Just tooo good.
I enjoyed my day 14lb of tare roach and a 2lb billy.
Thought it was a great day, met a few old friends, spoke to Chavey and Mullarkey after the match as they were in my section. What a lovely river, I know some had hard pegs but some of the pegs are to die for !!!! Wish it was closer !!!!!!!
Good Stewards in my section and very friendly. A bit of a walk but I would do it again.
I remember fishing a national on the river in the early eighties in Div 2, I enjoyed it then and more so this week. Nice weather (I was dripping walking back !) but could not think of a better place to be, it really is a nice area.
Well done to Angling Trust for pulling this one off and a big thank you to all who helped.
What a good national  Image

crappity smack Dorking :D Let`s hear it for Maver Image Image Image Second without a practice Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Well Done Chris, sorry Mate !
See Gary caught a few as normal !
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

Glad you all enjoyed it down in my neck of the woods, I hope you had a cider or two whilst you were down there. Good to see you Choppie and Mullarky, luckily we all had short walks,5-10mins? The bit we were on is used in our super leagues and its 4 stiles/fences and a narrow bridge to reach the early numbers at Bitton Brook. One of our guys drew it a couple of years back and it took him 40 minutes to get there! It was a shame there was a bit of extra water in the river, maybe a day or two later and without the last minute practicing it really would have fished its head off! I've just sent a blog and catch picture off to the Pole fishing magazine website, so hopefully you can see how I crappity smack up my peg when it appears on there! ha ha A Brilliant day with loads of atmosphere, great to see everyone, roll on next year!
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

nice to see you both Richie & Richie, (Choppie & Chavey) on saturday. You both done well in b section.
Choppie was telling me after the match that he had 15lb of roach on tares. Great angling. Don`t know what you caught Chavey but you had a similar weight so well done.

My match wasn`t so straight forward in that I was down in a quagmire surrounded by trees and I couldn`t see anyone. I threw 8 balls on to my pole line (11m) and 4 on a feeder line at about 22m. I started on the pole as I expected this line to die quite quickly so wanted to make the most of it. Those anglers nearby started on the feeder as I could hear em going in. I quickly caught dace and roach and two chunky gustas before the pike moved in after half an hour. Chavey told me that I`d need 10 lb to get good points so after an hour i `d got about 2lb, then I hooked a bream at the end of my swim which took a while to get in the net in the strong flow. It was about 3lb so half way to my target after 1hr 20 mins. I`d like to say that everything went great after that but for the next couple of hours I only put about another pound in the net despite switching between feeder, pole feeder and flat float looking for those elusive bream. Although I couldn`t see my neighbours I could hear their feeders still going in so guessed they were catching. After about 3 1/2 hours I decided to re ball my pole line with 6 balls. Straight away i started to catch chunky dace and the odd roach before it died away. So I balled it again and they come back! I kept repeating this until the final whistle and ended up with 5kg 450 for 40 points. What a knob end should have done it earlier and forgot about those bream. They definitely wanted that crumb, I got through seven bags of gb and even mixed my feeder crumb with my pole crumb to make it last.

Altough I got battered by bream either side of me I was lucky that i was in a good part of my section. The poor guy to my left couldn`t find his peg at the start and it looked like they had missed a peg out. The steward told him to get in above me on a cliff face with a massive tree on his nearside margin 3 yards downstream of his box. He ended up with 7 kg but lost three big bream and a chub because they kited downstream in the strong current and got stuck fast in the tree.

Anyway we had a good result inspite of doing no practise, most of us had never fished the Bristol Avon before, so no doubt we`ve had some good pegs line up.
Looking forward to the Preston Worlds fish off on the Newark Dyke in September, wouldn`t bet against Dorking though!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

some great results i'm glad it went well for everyone sounds like a good venue Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

I hope you had a cider or two whilst you were down there.

I hope the cider down there is better than the bitter ! ........ proper nats p!ss ! Image Image Image Image Image Image :D
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Unread post by sven »

What was bath like dodge was it like longsight or worse Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

What was bath like dodge was it like longsight or worse Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nothing like Longsight mate ;) Image Image Image Image Image

Nice part of the world down there Image they could do with some half decent football teams though ! Image Image Image :D
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

My National Blog has just appeared on the pole fishing site, if anyone is intrested you can view it here: http://www.polefishingmagazine.com/week ... f-war-time
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cracking read Chavey   Image  Image - but can envisage how frustrating it must have been for you.  :(
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Just for a laff ....

10 members / posters on here with there div 1 individual points added up  ;)

Mullarkey    40
Danny Ash   39
Morrie88     49
Chavey       44
ChrisV         43
Chopwormhero 46
Pedro       37
Dazzla      47
Diddy Snedster      48
Dodge      45

Total   439  Image    There,s Dorking beat ! Image Image  Image

Ps   left Gorrell80 out coz he went to bed late !  Image Image :D