If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Holland

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by Pedro »

Pats is drizzle cake  Image

Pats just as mad as his hat :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Holland

Unread post by joffmiester »

And I real think the catapults want looking at all for one and one for all like you have said we bring loads of money into a town that is fallen on hard times the bars are empty until we are there mario has the best couple of weeks of the season I'd of thought and we all eat out surely that alone is enough clout Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

The goal posts have already moved we've only just found out kiddo
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

I'm in the balance as to how much better they will make it. The top competition uses bloodworm each year before we get on the first festival and they don't catch any bigger weights, and in many cases less?

That aside, I have always wanted to try some " proper " worms, but still believe its yes or no, not 1/2 kilo this, kilo that, just for hook etc. Like any other bait we can use, if the ban is lifted, leave it to the individual to feed as much or as little as he / she wishes?? :-/ :-/ Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

Ha ha, goal posts are moving by the hour never mind the day and its been up for discussion less than a week lol.

Having said that, atleast its got everyong talking for a change, we usually dont mention ideas for Holland from one year to the next but this has opened a topic of discussion and put a few ideas out there? :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

Your right big cup the fact the ban has been lifted to all that fish in holland so this more so then next year we perhaps should have a few for me I'd like a change of hook bait but also wouldn't want to feed loads as I'm pretty sure it will show us just how many eels are in the voorne I think you might catch more fish on the feeder with worm as well not sure if it will do that much to the pole line
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by Pedro »

author=4F435A220 link=1353964514/62#62 date=1361404910]The goal posts have already moved we've only just found out kiddo[/quote]

Noooooo... surely not....ya avin a giraffe Image Image

all this toing n froing is doin mi bonce in Image Image Image Image
sharki

Holland

Unread post by sharki »

the thing is fellas it could be banned again next year as you know the dutch are not bothered about fisherman in this area as its the boats that is the main income for em so they aint really bothered about a few fishermen who make a yearly trip over.granted they will still take your euros off you but how many times have you fancied another drink in citta but it never happens. ive spoken to dennis he is the main man at citta loves his football ;) bye the way.about how they have let it slip fishing wise at the bottom of the garden in your digs and his exact words was its the contractors for the ports n boating people they are more worried of losing than a few fishermen along the way Image it seems its just the way it is in general over there :-?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

Skarki your spot on mate but what we found last year the local business couldn't do enough for us it's a shame if they miss out even though its only two weeks but also we do tend to stick together in the same spots
It's a tuff choice this year between holland and Ireland to be fair Image the Irish still love to see the fishermen and have now made access a lot easier
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Holland

Unread post by bill yards »

all this toing n froing is doin mi bonce in

You tell 'em Pedders Image Image Image Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

Your right big cup the fact the ban has been lifted to all that fish in holland so this more so then next year we perhaps should have a few for me I'd like a change of hook bait but also wouldn't want to feed loads as I'm pretty sure it will show us just how many eels are in the voorne I think you might catch more fish on the feeder with worm as well not sure if it will do that much to the pole line

Joff, your spot on. The dutch lads have said that the feeder may pay a bigger part!! And who in there right mind would pile worm in ( at much more cost ) when you could offer small amounts mixed in with other baits and sit with a bunch on the hook?? I know on previous posts I have stated van would be fully loaded but personally I think piling worm in wouldn't improve anything, after all the fish are there anyway, its a matter of a different hook bait to entice a bite. I truly think the anglers would be sensible with the amount, 1 for cost and 2 for the problem of eel's / liners. So yes or no with out all the aggro of having to check lads we fish with year in year out?? :-/ :-/
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

Skarki your spot on mate but what we found last year the local business couldn't do enough for us it's a shame if they miss out even though its only two weeks but also we do tend to stick together in the same spots
It's a tuff choice this year between holland and Ireland to be fair  Image the Irish still love to see the fishermen and have now made access a lot easier 

Also very true Joff, the Irish will do anything for our fishing custom, hence 60k thrown at the world pairs. That money is being put up again this year but heard a whisper that each county are holding there own festivals with 15k added to each one, that is 4 festivals with an added 15k on top of pool prizes, without the mention of the classic, gold cub, king of clubs and many many more all of which have sponsorship so you fish for hundreds if not thousands of pounds on top of you pools money. Ok the fishing isn't what it was but it is a lot fairer now in my eyes ( with the right tackle and info ). And the main thing that put many of the " ever ageing " anglers off Ireland was the access, yet again they have realised this and many counties are now spending hundreds of thousands to put roadways in behind every peg :-/ :-/ Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

yep big cup our country has fallen behind thinking the answers lie in commercial fisheries Nottingham has a venue that could quite easily become the fishing equivalent to wembley park behind your peg and cater for 200 or 300 pegs and thats holme pierrpont the home of the Angling trust :D :D :D :D :D
big cup ive been around organising matches for years fishing hasn't got any backing for the future there are no plans to improve
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

Your not wrong, the angling trust keep asking for our money and support but other than them being put up in nice expensive hotels etc, where is it being invested by " the voice " of angling?? Your quite right, we are for ever falling behind with things like natual venue access, many a canal or river could easily take a road down the full length of them if the funding was there and invested each year. But at the present time we just sit by and watch surrounding countries take the lead??? I mean imagine the difference if the Junky ( as an example, because the features are very similar ) had the access that the Voorne has, it would be loaded with anglers week in week out. :-/ Its a shame that angling does not get the support, sponsorship, funding, call it what you will that many other sports get accross the country?? :( And to think it is the most participated sport in the country and must generate Billions of pounds each your Image Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by Pedro »

Joff..any news????....wots hot off the press today regardin the dutch wriggleys ????
Know yas likes to keep ya ear to ground Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

Image Image Image Imagenothing yet ibeen speaking to a dutch angler there say the same it wont make alot of differents just a change of bait
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

Right here is the result from the festival organisers
They have decided to allow worms for the festival with limits
Each angler will be allowed half a kilo a day this will not be allowed to follow on the next day if you have any left Yan has said the worms are £8 per half a kilo so no dearer than here each angler will be give a distinct container with the worms in
Anyone found with worms in there vans or on the bank will be disqualified for that match
That's about it easy really it's just enough for a change of bait

Right catapults pats not bothered if you want to use them you can but you will need a resist from the tackle shop and take with you to the bank they are against the law but most use them including the Dutch so be careful not to flash them around
If the environment police do catch you pat will have to be seen to do something about it and will disqualify the angler for that day (no one has been caught yet)so it's completely up to you if you want to run the risk
Pat doesn't mind
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Holland

Unread post by big_cup »

Right here is the result from the festival organisers
They have decided to allow worms for the festival with limits
Each angler will be allowed half a kilo a day this will not be allowed to follow on the next day if you have any left Yan has said the worms are £8 per half a kilo so no dearer than here each angler will be give a distinct container with the worms in
Anyone found with worms in there vans or on the bank will be disqualified for that match
That's about it easy really it's just enough for a change of bait

Right catapults pats not bothered if you want to use them you can but you will need a resist from the tackle shop and take with you to the bank they are against the law but most use them including the Dutch so be careful not to flash them around
If the environment police do catch you pat will have to be seen to do something about it and will disqualify the angler for that day (no one has been caught yet)so it's completely up to you if you want to run the risk
Pat doesn't mind

Joff who has this come from??

Its a complete money racket and bag a ballocks. We can almost get a kilo for that if we bulk buy at home. Also a fair few have there own wormeries. As you have previously stated, for some the expense will put them off and to say you have a tub a day and cant carry over or take your own is just swindling anglers out of hard earn't money. Donny lads vote will now most certainly be a no. There are lads that are taking there own bait for the full festival to try aand save money so why should worm be any different, lads may want to dig or bring there own as they can not afford that much a match and just throw them at the end of each day. And why should someone who can not afford them / doesn't want to buy them when they have plenty at home, be penalised for the festival?? This subject has gone from bad to worse!! >:( Image Image
Snedster
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Holland

Unread post by Snedster »

I for 1 shall not be paying £8 for half a kilo!! Why the hell just half a kilo a day?? I'm personally not against worms but I think it shall be down to the individual on how much they want/willing to use!! I'm not in for that I think it's a very bad "RULE" and will just kill the festival!!! :( >:( :( >:( :(
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Holland

Big cup you can take your own I think they want you to put them in the containers pat john south gate and yan they are the organisers I'm just the messenger kiddo as for throwing your worms away each day I did mean that I meant you can only take half the next day not have two containers Image