If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

over the moon !!!!!!!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

so do you have your floats free running and just use them drennan float stops as it sounds that this is the set up for me as there is now flow unless boat traffic but this time of year its minimal tbh i have some drennan glow tip antennas 0.6 so i would you use a .5 grm inline olivette to so it carnt ping off or am i not getting the point of this whip rigs  :-/ Image

I do think you have missed the point--if you look back through my previous posts, on this and other threads, and also read my article on punch fishing, it is all explained. 

right mate ive re read everything and all it says that you use the coating from electrical wire but then how do you connect to your main line do you just make a hole and thread it through or does it go in one of those float adapters then ive read about your shotting patterns and how locking your float makes it cumbersome so i guess its free running down to your shotting pattern but surely it makes it harder for casting yourfloat out :-/

also ive sourced some peacock quill on e bay plus piano wire but if you could give me a rough idea what length id need to make the bodys n what dia the wire is id be really greatful Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

think the fella is threadin silicon tube up line then just stickin wire of float in that then strung out shotttin bottom third thee only thinks that,s what he,s doing
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

but surely when you do that n flicking it out to where your fishing you run the risk of losing the float thats what i couldnt grasp :D
daskin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by daskin »

so do you have your floats free running and just use them drennan float stops as it sounds that this is the set up for me as there is now flow unless boat traffic but this time of year its minimal tbh i have some drennan glow tip antennas 0.6 so i would you use a .5 grm inline olivette to so it carnt ping off or am i not getting the point of this whip rigs  :-/ Image

I do think you have missed the point--if you look back through my previous posts, on this and other threads, and also read my article on punch fishing, it is all explained. 

right mate ive re read everything and all it says that you use the coating from electrical wire but then how do you connect to your main line do you just make a hole and thread it through or does it go in one of those float adapters then ive read about your shotting patterns and how locking your float makes it cumbersome so i guess its free running down to your shotting pattern but surely it makes it harder for casting yourfloat out  :-/

also ive sourced some peacock quill on e bay plus piano wire but if you could give me a rough idea what length id need to make the bodys n what dia the wire is id be really greatful  Image
The piece of plastic from the electric wire is about 1/4" long and threaded on the line, and the bottom of the wire is pushed into the plastic --which you can see in the pic of the floats. this has a strong grip on the line--using silicon tubing wont work cos the line cuts through it--as I stated in my article.
Use about 1" of cocktail stick,2" of peacock and about 4" of wire,these are very approximate.
Then decide how much shot you want the float to take , put the required ammount of shot on a piece of line (say 5 no.10`s) attach this to the float with the plastic.
test the float as you would a normal one and snip short lengths off the bottom off the wire till it sits in the water at the level you require, ie: 1/4" of tip showing.
when you have it the right length either grind or file the wire so it doesnt have any sharp edges cos they will cut the line. The float will look to stick out from the line at a funny angle--but dont worry it does work believe me.

One float in the pic has an attachment I have experimented with which is one end of a plastic clothing tag. but rather than complicate matters--start with the float attached direct to the line with the plastic, you can experiment with different attachments when you have got used to the floats.
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

all as just clicked into place now matey or as we say the penny as finally dropped Image
but just a few more questions if its ok Image
1, what dia main line you using for your rigs
2, what dia rougthly would you say the piano wire is
3, what dia hook lengths because normally its 0.6-0.8 but obviously when its swinging e m to hand will i need to step up dia wise sorry for all the numpty questions Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

if it any use to you sharki lad thee uses 0.10 hook link to 0.12 main for me whip rigs Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

cheers mucka that as answered my question for now
Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

if it any use to you sharki lad thee uses 0.10 hook link to 0.12 main for me whip rigs  Image

That sounds like one of my crap rigs Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

got my new toy today its like new even the bag n tube it come in looks like new am over the moon just need this wind to die down a bit an i might get chance to use itonna give it ago at 4mtrs n get used to feeding at distance with liccy bread carnt wait al just use them drennan glow antennas til i get sorted to make some of daskins waggs Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

To help feed you might want to consider trying to find one of these - compacts the lickie into a pellet

(wonder if Dave C will clock this picture)  Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

go on then what they called looks like flea bay again ::) Image tonight while watchin footy Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Had mine that long cant remember Sharkie Image

Cant remember whether they were made by seymo - if so seymo groundbait punches???
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

thee can still get them TK sharki lad preston make them think they are called ground bait punches ok fella where abouts up north is thee Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Preston daint exist when I bought mine Tricast62 Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

dont know what t say bout that boss Image Image Image Image thee might be nickin one o them on next grueller Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

these em lads http://www.prestoninnovations.com/Item_ ... OULD_QCM-S

i live in wakefield matey Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Looks like it does the same job Sharki Image - mind, that lickie looks a bit sticky :D
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

there um lad Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Preston daint exist when I bought mine Tricast62  Image