If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

whips n floats

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

whips n floats

Unread post by TK »

I'd give the Multimesh a miss Sharki - remember the pole, it wasnt one of their 'top of the range' models - think you might find the diameter of this a lot larger than more 'prefered' whips you may drop on 

The Diaflex was a decent bit of kit, but again i'd be wary of this one given the description The last two sections have a bit of carbon off the section as seen in the picture also it doesn't have a flick tip as I used this with elastic
sharki

whips n floats

Unread post by sharki »

ive seen a sensas alborella 4.5 mtr whip in bob=co for 35 quid are they any good carnt find much info about it tbh cheers for your help
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

whips n floats

Unread post by TK »

I know Tricast62 has them in the shorter versions - picked 'em up on the towpath and they seem decent bits of kit - but havent seen the 4.5m model.

Perhaps tricast62 or even Joffie could comment if they clock this?
sharki

whips n floats

Unread post by sharki »

ok mate your advice as been great ive seen these sets on flea bay 5 whips in the set but again not much onfo on them tbh Image
daskin

whips n floats

Unread post by daskin »

ok mate your advice as been great ive seen these sets on flea bay 5 whips in the set but again not much onfo on them  tbh Image

Be careful when buying whips online-most folks dont seem to grasp the concept of a PROPER whip, most are elasticated which is not a whip in my opinion, just a pole used to hand.
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

whips n floats

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

thee has 2-2.5-3 mtr sensas 150 alborellas brill for close work tried 4 mtrs + at fosters in brum bit to much bounce for me. for fishin long thee uses a tricast maesto 6mtrs but you,l not fined one of these in shops there years old
daskin

whips n floats

Unread post by daskin »

ok mate your advice as been great ive seen these sets on flea bay 5 whips in the set but again not much onfo on them  tbh Image

Be careful when buying whips online-most folks dont seem to grasp the concept of a PROPER whip, most are elasticated which is not a whip in my opinion, just a pole used to hand.

PS: you dont need a top of the range whip, the one I use as a 4m is a Leeda 5m I bought as a spare,for £25 brand new, quite a few years ago, when my Diawa Harrier was broken and waiting for a new section, I tried it at 4m and its been brilliant, caught me hundreds of pounds of fish over the years. as I`m pretty crude my whips take quite a bit of hammer, so a delicate one wouldnt last 5 mins with me.
sharki

whips n floats

Unread post by sharki »

the lad with the tubertini has been in touch he has mates that fish the stainy so with a bit of luck i can meet them on m62 on route to donny anybody know anything about that trabucco whip Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

whips n floats

Unread post by TK »

Sorry - cant help you with this one Sharki
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

whips n floats

Unread post by TK »

Sharki - wouldnt be any use to you with the depths you mention earlier, but on our cut - 4 to 5ft max down track - i use the yellow tipped float on the left

Gorra bout a dozen of these tied up, all doted down so that only 1/2 to 1/4 inch of the tip shows. With a couple I actually have to 'vaseline' em to hold up on some days.

Works for me in 0.2 and 0.3g sizes - would love to get some replacements incase I had a few Bill Yard moments, but cant track anymore down.

Gorra a dozen or so of the red tipped floats (also in yellow) - never ever tied any up so dunno how they perform. They were only about 40p a piece off the net (rizov).

I'll give em a whirl one day down the cut when i've gorra a winder spare in my trays after that B Y moment :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

whips n floats

Unread post by YAMO »

Tricast- you gotta sort me a whip out lad, could do with a 3m specimen for cut and river work.
sharki

whips n floats

Unread post by sharki »

yes tk mate they look spot on very similar to these
http://www.buygoodtackle.com/Floats.html

the greenies
gp s

just thought if you was running low

also on the whip scenario i maybe sorted with one come the weekend watch this space

Image Image
wiggley worm
Match Team/ Club: BAA / MALLARDS AC

whips n floats

Unread post by wiggley worm »

try fishermans friend plenty of whips in there match fishing advert or keep a look out on ebay for browning speed sticks
daskin

whips n floats

Unread post by daskin »

Sharki - wouldnt be any use to you with the depths you mention earlier, but on our cut - 4 to 5ft max down track - i use the yellow tipped float on the left

Gorra bout a dozen of these tied up, all doted down so that only 1/2 to 1/4 inch of the tip shows. With a couple I actually have to 'vaseline' em to hold up on some days.

Works for me in 0.2 and 0.3g sizes - would love to get some replacements incase I had a few Bill Yard moments, but cant track anymore down.

Gorra a dozen or so of the red tipped floats (also in yellow) - never ever tied any up so dunno how they perform. They were only about 40p a piece off the net (rizov).

I'll give em a whirl one day down the cut when i've gorra a winder spare in my trays after that B Y moment  :D   

I assume you use them top and bottom,
I only ever use top and bottom on the whip if the water has a bit of pace on it. for still and slowish water I use my wagglers.
sharki

whips n floats

Unread post by sharki »

anybody point me in the direction of a decent 4mtr whip witha flick tip i fancy giving the bread punch ago on this method .also what sort of rigs id need for say a couple of canal and basin type places i fish from 5ft-12ft deep cheers fellas :)

I would be very reluctant to fish punch in more then 6ft of water. and as for a 4m whip, my advice would be to buy a longer 6m ish one even if it is telescopic  just take out the sections and use it at the length you want.
For rigs and floats read my article on this forum.
Derek.

I recently made some more floats for use with the whip, use as a waggler fastened bottom end only.

daskin can i ask you where you got your bits to make your floats up ie; paino wire and bodys do you just use a float adaptor on the end then o a float stop ? Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

whips n floats

benwicksports.co.uk sell some brill whip wags made from pecock quill with crow quill inserts
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

whips n floats

Unread post by MarkV »

Picked up a 3m Browning Speedstick at a market couple of weeks back.£12.50.

Tried to beat him down to a tenner, but he wasn't having it lol.

Thing is, got to find an opportunity to use it now !
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

whips n floats

will thee usein stalkin heron this weekend TK must remember to put mine back in holdall for sat Image
daskin

whips n floats

Unread post by daskin »

I would be very reluctant to fish punch in more then 6ft of water. and as for a 4m whip, my advice would be to buy a longer 6m ish one even if it is telescopic  just take out the sections and use it at the length you want.
For rigs and floats read my article on this forum.
Derek.

I recently made some more floats for use with the whip, use as a waggler fastened bottom end only.

daskin can i ask you where you got your bits to make your floats up ie; paino wire and bodys do you just use a float adaptor on the end then o a float stop ? Image
Piano wire from a local piano tuner, peacock quills from a local farmer who has peacocks, and I fasten them with a piece of the outer of thin electric cable. think you can see that on the pic.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

whips n floats

Unread post by TK »

I assume you use them top and bottom,

I do daskin - although there's no locks on our cut. But I am continually lifting and laying - again something a little peculiar to our water Image

When it was 'dead windy' with white horses I used to have a no of canal greys tied up to assist combat conditions............ but they all went for a walk with my gear Image