If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

over the moon !!!!!!!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

just paid for this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271097234836? ... 1423.l2649 should take delivery next few days so just need to sort some rigs ive got some drennan glow tip antennas 0.6 are they big enough you reckon so any more tips n tricks fellas am all ears Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

well done fella now enjoy Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

cheers mate carnt wait to get out n use it tbh chuffed to bits as us up north say Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by Simple »

Let us know how you go on Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by Pedro »

cheers mate carnt wait to get out n use it tbh chuffed to bits as us up north say Image

BOSTIN!!!!

as tha sez darn theeya ImageImage Image Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

does anybody know of any indepth reports on how best to fish a whip ive read daskins way its just a`whole new method to me as am used to just fishing a pole so any help for a northern numpty Image all replys will be appreciated lads
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Where do you actually intend to use it Sharki?

If you can name a venue or two, given that methods may differ from one water to another. ;)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

go on utbe fella and type in tubertini alborrella and watch that fella theres afew on there thee can watch Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

Around the 4 minute mark here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deIL35KngNA
Certainly a nice smooth action and some right stampers coming out Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

thats the one boss Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

reminds me of ower gruellers tad colder mind Image Image Image
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

bloody hell i hope to catch em bigger than that but just need to sort some floats for the job now so point away fellas ::)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

over the moon !!!!!!!

have a look at rive series 239 and 221
sensas auchy / guillaum / walter
drake crowquill whip wags
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

have a look at rive series 239 and 221
sensas auchy / guillaum / walter
drake crowquill whip wags

like the look of them sensas but how do you use them set em up normal`pole float style or otherwise cheers
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

just need to sort some floats for the job now so point away fellas  ::)

Are we still taking about 12ft deep swims sharki? Is the water moving?
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

no mate this venue is quite shallow between 7ft - 8ft and any movement is boat traffic which is not much now its getting colder but i had some fun the other day i was fishing n had a fish on 20z roach n the boat was approaching so i was rushing getting the pole n an a bloody gull dived in and grabbed it in mid flight so imagine it ive got a top three waveing about with this roach still hooked in the gull Images gob and tryin to scare it with landing net top half trying to make it let go well the woman on the boat was laugthing her head off wish id got it on video must have been funny to see
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by TK »

quite shallow between 7ft - 8ft

:o :o :o

As a rule of thumb, work on o.1g per foot - having said that on our cut I tend to use a tad less - 0.2g and 0.3g floats in 4/5ft down the track

But on another similar depth canal, which pulled hard because of nearby locks, I'd have a heavier ring to get it down on hold/inch it through

What cut? There may a SMF member or two who are resident cracks on it who could give you better inside info ;)
daskin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by daskin »

bloody hell i hope to catch em bigger than that but just need to sort some floats for the job now so point away fellas  ::)

I have already put a pic on here of the floats I use, the wire in these is quite a bit thicker than normal pole float wire and acts as the casting weight, and they take roughly 3 or 4 no. 8 shot often split into a string of no. 10`s. spread along from about 6" from the hook to 1/2 depth. on some of the very shallow waters I fish (2-3 ft.) the bottom shot will be 4" from the hook with the others spread at 1.5--2" intervals.
I have also looked at some of the ones available commercially.
Most of the floats advertised as whip floats are top and bottom, and the wagglers are ones where you need to put shot around the float.
Believe me you only need top and bottom when there is a good pull on the water, and a waggler that you have to lock on with shot is pretty cumbersome and nothing like as affective as the ones I use.
sharki

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by sharki »

so do you have your floats free running and just use them drennan float stops as it sounds that this is the set up for me as there is now flow unless boat traffic but this time of year its minimal tbh i have some drennan glow tip antennas 0.6 so i would you use a .5 grm inline olivette to so it carnt ping off or am i not getting the point of this whip rigs :-/ Image
daskin

over the moon !!!!!!!

Unread post by daskin »

so do you have your floats free running and just use them drennan float stops as it sounds that this is the set up for me as there is now flow unless boat traffic but this time of year its minimal tbh i have some drennan glow tip antennas 0.6 so i would you use a .5 grm inline olivette to so it carnt ping off or am i not getting the point of this whip rigs  :-/ Image

I do think you have missed the point--if you look back through my previous posts, on this and other threads, and also read my article on punch fishing, it is all explained.