If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

OH DEAR !!!!!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/blogs/matc ... -worth-it/

Oh Dear, I ran the match concerned and was told nothing of this poor man struggling, Now i feel like shite..................... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
I wont be running any more leagues after this its not worth it
i aint happy......................
Saigs

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Saigs »

I was in that section, and didnt know anybody was struggling, it was a very long walk and im sure the pegger outer put the pegs there with the best intentions as the 'arches' have a good reputation, but on the day the fish were not there, but thats winter fishing. It aint your fault mate at this time of the year we have to chase the shoals about, in a way the league is a victim of its own success with just to many anglers for the available fish. Youve done a great job running the league mate. Image
Golden_balls

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Golden_balls »

Paul you are not to blame in this situation. That responsibility would lie with me. As I am aware of his condition. Not knowing the section, the walk in question was further than to be expected.
I have since spoken to him in order to try and prevent this from happening again.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by bill yards »

Paul, take it from me; on my life there is no blame whatsoever attached to you. On the contrary from a former match arganiser you are doing a wonderful job.

I write my articles from the heart, always have done.
Frank Barlow always used to tell me, write what you see in match fishing and you can't go wrong.

Looks like I have.
barry_g

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by barry_g »

This problem with where pegs are put and the long walks happen every where [even here in NZ]when the pegs fish well you dont get a pat on the back but you shure hear about it if they dont. Image
gudgeon

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by gudgeon »

your running of the league has been excellent with really good draw and speedy results at the end. you cannot be expected to do it all and others beyond your control have pegged out in an attempt to put anglers on fish and to move cars to ease parking problems,if it had not rained for days the tow path would not have cut up so badly,we are also all getting older,carry to much kit and are not at the peak of fitness.its easy to be smart after the event, your efforts are excellent paul keep up your very good work without your efforts there is no league for us all..
Mark_Roberson

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Mark_Roberson »

Well said gudgeon!  paul as you know our team travel a few miles to fish your matches and we do it because its good fishing and everyone is  helpfull and the matches are run brilliant !! I have helped run a few matches and match anglers never seem to moan before they do there draw!! The conditions were far from ideal but you did your best to keep 90 match anglers happy  Image keep up the good work mate match anglers need organisers like yourself or no matches  Image
towpath2
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Just love to be Fishing
Match Team/ Club: Four Ashes

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by towpath2 »

Paul, I was in that section, it was a very long walk made worse by the conditions but that's not your fault. I also hadn't realised there was a problem otherwise I would have stayed to help.This League is one of the season's highlights and must continue. Inevitably, at this time of the year, unforseen situations will occur and are surely there to be learnt from so that hopefully, in the future, they will not arise again or can be dealt with accordingly. Keep up the good work ! Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by joffmiester »

Murf it sounds like you have some proper mates around you that will support you .but I what you are going through I've been there like a lot of match organiser unfortunately the book stops at us or the club and its horrible feeling mate Brian hull has had his fair share of hassle but he has become a lot stronger for it and as we have seen if the river is not safe he moves it to the canal and last week canceled for safety reasons as those anglers that did make might not get home it sounds like conditions on your match were far from ideal that's nothing you could of for seen we all give up a great deal to run matches more than most think no one should be blaming and if they are then it these anglers that should try running matches Image keep your chin up kid
Ben
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Ben »

Paul i was in that section and did help Mr Keeling with his stuff after broomy (thanks for the mention in your blog) and i personally did not think its was that the walk was too long but that people struggled to get there shopping trolleys through it cus the bank was a little moist. I carry my stuff on my back and think it can be much easier. Have seen people struggling with shopping trolleys down cross keys before.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Many thanks Ben for your usual sarky comments, it is expected now.

There is no way on earth I knew you carried any of my gear at any time.

Paul does not know the water very well and that is accepted.

I heard rumours, that quite honestly I laughed off, that the Arches was going in as long ago as the Wednesday before, I honestly thought it was a joke.

Yes use the Arches by all means but why the crappity smack was the car park not used at the next bridge like I always did. the walk would have been cut in half then

I paid for a field at Little Onn in the last round as nobody would let me know where they were pegging, - not one vehicle used it.
It cost me £99 out of my back wallet to fish that match, that is before bait and any sort of transport.
Ben
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Ben »

Mr Keeling i was not being sarky you know i love you but them rigs i stole out your box were not very good could not get them to settle right they kept going under???????????????
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Mr Ben, I do not like being called Mr Keeling.

Please call me Bill Bloggs now. Image

It may have not been far for you to walk but wait till your 65 (In fact I'll have £1000 you will not be fishing then). Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

OH DEAR !!!!!

I've got a few of bills rigs mainly from the over hanging bushes .funny mine go under until I put the right size punch on them Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

OH DEAR !!!!!

[move]Must get back to the SVWL topic Image Image[/move]
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Paul you are not to blame in this situation. That responsibility would lie with me. As I am aware of his condition. Not knowing the section, the walk in question was further than to be expected.
I have since spoken to him in order to try and prevent this from happening again.

Jason,

There is no way you should feel responsible for anything.
If you draw next to me you will get the inevitable bit of banter, - we aint fishing for the crown jewels at any time. I apologise for forgetting your team mates name but he can draw next to me anytime. Please don't stop him doing what he loves doing.

It is certainly not Paul's fault. That walk should definitely have been avoided or the car park sorted.

There is actually canal side parking on one section that was not deemed good enough yet the coaches take first timers there (in the winter) and have counting matches.

There is no 'getting' at Paul here at all and having re-read the article there is nothing in there either; if anglers don't believe that I must have been wasting my time working for the angling press for the last 30 odd years.

I feel it is a good honest article or blog whatever you want to call it Image

Well done by the way on Sunday Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

If anybody else wants to kick me fair and squarely in the boIIocks can we resume tomorrow evening after I return from a funeral.
Ben
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Ben »

Mr Bill Bloggs i agree that some of our more well preserved angling icons struggled with the walk but i do think that their shopping trolleys were getting stuck in mud and this made things more difficult for them.  If i am alive at 65 i will have a bet with you that i will be fishing(i bet the two rigs in box not £1000) but i will still have 10 years left at work cus i will be paying for all those who have retired now pensions.  Kiss kiss wink wink
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

OH DEAR !!!!!

Surely theses walks can be cut down in the winter,when ever I've been in your area parking has been very well organised .we all know we carry too much tackle that's part of life I'm afraid trolleys have made this easier but even trolleys are governed by the condititions I spend hours sorting out parking yet in the winter we struggle on don't use some sections and mainly use the town sections in a recent match I had to help a angler to his peg he actually threw up because of the walk it was really boggy two week later it was frozen and a lot easier but the problem was still there as anglers that you need on the banks only remember the long walks and not the fishing this is a sure sign that Some anglers will stop fishing these competition
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

OH DEAR !!!!!

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Who decided to put that section in?