If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Catapults

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Unread post by bill yards »

You all know my hate of modern day catapults, they are crap in my opinion and don't last five minutes.

Anyway I have actually found one that has lasted a few weeks! (It must be a second)

Is there any way on earth you can stop the crappity smack elastic from twisting up?

Will be very interesting to hear your views.
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Catapults

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Bill, Have You tried putting large swivels on to the catapult frame ? These can be attached by pushing the elastic onto the swivel and then securing it with some nylon. I do not know what type you use as it depends on the frame how you attach the swivel. You can either put the other end of the swivel on a clip ring and attach to the frame or put the swivel 'in line ' as close to the frame as possible this is better for drennan type frames.
Sensas do a nice catapult that does not twist. My other best performer use to be the J- range metal frame but I cannot get hold of these anymore.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Choppie

My fault should have said; there is no problem with larger catties, funnily enough I have some with swivels attached.

It the little crappity smack with thin elastic for the cut that seem to give quite a few problems. Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

By the way, well done Sunday on the Old Nene

Hemp Head :D :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Unread post by Dodge »

Yeah yeah , Top result on the Nene Ritchie Image Image Image 8-)
kev p
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: maver midlands
Sponsor: maver

Catapults

Unread post by kev p »

I will show some on Saturday Tony sensas ones
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Thanks Bill and Dodge, nice weekend as won at Barford (above weir)on Saturday in the winter league with 15lb on caster and seed !
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Catapults

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

well done richie

I wasn't picked for Barford, gutted doesn't describe it as I was on holiday for two rounds and the team kept the same players!
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Thanks Alex Image
Don't suppose You fancy Evesham on Sunday do You ? We are a man short for the Hampton Ferry Winter League ! Does not matter if not.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Catapults

Unread post by joffmiester »

choppy great weekend kido Image

bill i put this to a few anglers and i think one of the problems is the length of laggie by cutting it down little by little you find it stops less and less twirls from the catapult
some use one for everything the bigger drennan catapult they say it takes some getting used to but once sorted there is little problems with twirls Image
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: hull

Catapults

Unread post by fin »

Bill, I too use to have loads of problems with cattys twisting up, I had a rake of Drennan one's and last year i binned the lot of them, I found a little Vespe catty that uses a hollow pole laccy and they are that loose where the laccy connects to the frame that that problems gone. I hear that they are stopping making them so i went and bought another 5 of them, thats how good i think they are, well i think so anyway Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Cheers guys, I have loads of Fox ones but must admit I do get the problem occasionally but it is a nuisance untangling the crappity smack in one hand and your rig is all crappity smack up in the other ::)
Ian_Morrison

Catapults

Unread post by Ian_Morrison »

Casters, groundbait, maggots in ya catapult!! Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Catapults

Unread post by chavey »

Tony Colmic do one called the 'Legend' I have use one the last 3 matches and have not had one twist yet as it has a neat swivel attachment on top of the frame that allows it to fired from both side and swivel freely. I have just ordered and paid for another two, I was that impressed! My local shop has some in do you want me to get one for you to try?
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Catapults

Unread post by chavey »

chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Catapults

Unread post by chavey »

In fact here's my local shop selling them:
http://www.todbermanor.co.uk/catapults/ ... range.html
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Rich, they look the Dogs !!!! They look a copy of the old J-range vespe except the swivel. Which one should I order for hemp Rich ? I will be firing out at 13m/14.5m mate.
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Catapults

Unread post by chavey »

I have the 3mm elastic with the no.1 pouch whichI use for pole fishing and would be fine for what you need. I also have the 4mm elastic with the no.2 pouch, fine for the far bank of the bristol avon. They both come with spare elastics which are a little too long as supplied but snip a couple of inches off and they are fine. I have heard that the pouches are a little suspect? but haven't had a problem yet, just stick a drennan on if you have a problem. It's the frame and swivel what your buying it for anyway. believe me, you won't be disappointed
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Catapults

Tony Colmic do one called the 'Legend' I have use one the last 3 matches and have not had one twist yet as it has a neat swivel attachment on top of the frame that allows it to fired from both side and swivel freely. I have just ordered and paid for another two, I was that impressed! My local shop has some in do you want me to get one for you to try?

Chavey, brilliant mate. I have a couple of frames very similar, - just a matter of finding them! I remember buying them in the tackle shop in Enniskillen a few years back; I can only assume they were Tubertini as they are the agents. They were dead cheap but worked brill, - forgot about them! Might come back to you if I can't find them but I have all the bits and pieces to make a couple up, IF I can find 'em. Cheers matey, top dollar Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Catapults

Unread post by joffmiester »

i wondered where my pouches went

:o :o :o :o :o