If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Todays groundbaits

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Todays groundbaits

Unread post by joffmiester »

cracking night out last night with a few of the team and  other anglers Image Image i  asked a question that i had put to sensas about ground-bait ;).
in my trade every product on the shelves is either changing sizes getting small or being thinned out by the manufacturer basically cutting corners to keep a profit margin Image Image
we notice this by the bar-codes, every item has its own identity so if its price marked or has 50% free a bar-code is generated for this label and of course if the product has less weigh or any change to the produce the bar-code would be changed and at the moment every item whether its cereals or washing up liquid all are getting smaller and changing Image Imagefor the same money
this brought me on to the question about groundbaits and i suppose pellets boilies even leam
is it still the product it was 10 years ago have the groundbaits still got the same amount of ingredients that perhaps cost a lot back then
we done often read a packaging just look for our favourite  one
there has been lots of talk about fishmeal is the same amount going into the pellets
items such as these are always going up! yet we never question it!unlike you would your own food shopping ::) ::)well the missis

what goes round comes round and at the moment G/B is suiting our river but is it the same mix that we first started off with ;) ;) ;)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Todays groundbaits

Unread post by bill yards »

Wished I was getting smaller Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Todays groundbaits

Unread post by joffmiester »

if you had a haircut that would make ya smaller Image Image Image
mark2459

Todays groundbaits

Unread post by mark2459 »

A very difficult question?
some companies are feeling the crunch, others are not, is this the reason for the groundbaits contents changing? i dont think so, i think in the sensas range no, because the arrogant french would pick up on it straight away,lets think about it, we can buy snide stuff cheap and there is no difference to the human eye, so y cant this be done with groundbaits? obviosly there is some food in there,ie hemp,crumb etc etc etc etc Image but what other cheap cerial or other contents can be ground down to form a bag of groundbait,many i assume, is it grounbait alone that holds the fish there with the added smells and addetives? yes sometime, but is it not also the freebies we add, ie, dead pinkies, maggots, worm, blood worm joker etc etc, that keeps the fish in our swims?
But just some days you can throw a bag of dog sh*t in like scotty and mark, and still catch over it Image

regards
joffmeister
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Todays groundbaits

Unread post by TK »

every product on the shelves is either changing sizes getting small

I can remember when waggon wheels were the size of dustbin lids :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer