If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

daiwa system whip= daiwa harrier

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

which of these is the best one you would buy i can deffo get my hands on dsw but the harrier i need the right colourings and serial code if someone can help as its starting to take over my life Image lol
cheers fell

as Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Just had a gander at my Harrier Sharki

All it states on the but section is

Daiwa Harrier System Whip - 6.0mtr HSW-60
Super high modulus carbon reinforced with whisker & carbon coil

followed by TTLWT 200 grm

I also did once have a brand new 6 mtr TDW - a long service award from work - but never ever used it - some barsteward swiped it before I had chance to get it on the bank
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

ok mate is there much difference in them both been honest also does it have different graphics to the other the fella is a bit of a collector so he may have few different ones ive sset a limit of 70 notes delivered to see what he comes up with

oh n sorry to hear about your one from work getting swiped Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

The team Diawa whip has 'silvery purple' graphics - I had this one swiped

see here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/team-daiwa-7m ... 2576eca1a4

Reading the desciption its 195g at 6mtrs - 5g less than the Harrier

The Harrier (slightly earlier model if I'm not mistaken) is less flashy with just gold lettering on the blank

At the end of the day, Daiwa generally dont produce 'rubbish' products and I'm sure you'd be happy with either model you picked up provided they were in good nick. Both models were over the ton I think when they first came out.......
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

£145 rrp for the 6mtr according to the catalogue in the pictures on that link - think I paid £120 for mine

Looks in good nick ;) plus two tips - one flick, one lackied Image
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

only thing id tdsw is 6mtrs with a 1mtr exstension so will it alter the balance or will it be oh you reckon cheers for your help once again
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I wouldnt have thought so - it came as a basic 6mtr jobbie. Just look on the extension as a 'bonus' tool just incase you have to chase them even further out. Or, in some cases, 7mtrs to hand may be the line you need and would struggle fishing shorter because of creases etc........

Sometimes I use mine hand to line at 4mtrs for close in work on the river but then have to slip on either the 5mtr and or 6 mtr sections if they back off slightly..........aok its not too hand then, but if I'm still sticking fish in the net, I'll live with that till I can get em back shorter Image
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

I wouldnt have thought so - it came as a basic 6mtr jobbie. Just look on the extension as a 'bonus' tool just incase you have to chase them even further out. Or, in some cases, 7mtrs to hand may be the line you need and would struggle fishing shorter because of creases etc........

Sometimes I use mine hand to line at 4mtrs for close in work on the river but then have to slip on either the 5mtr and or 6 mtr sections if they back off slightly..........aok its not too hand then, but if I'm still sticking fish in the net, I'll live with that till I can get em back shorter  Image

I agree I have a 6m Harrier and very rarely use it at over 5m. (top 4m tele, and two take apart.) use it a lot at 4m and its fine. I also use it at 3m from time to time.
PS: that TDSW on e.bay looks to have the flick tip cut right back. looks much shorter than it should be.
sharki

Unread post by sharki »

cheers fellas but that one on flea bay is not the one ive been offered ;)