If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Division 1 National Bristol Avon

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Where abouts are you staying Rog? Just so that the local church can keep an eye on their roof  :D

Keynsham  Image we can have a game of cards in the pub instead  Image  Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Will the banks be safe?

Nat West won't with all them Midlands crappity smack down there Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Good luck to all the anglers fishing this coming weekend, Image in the Division 1 National
on the Bristol Avon. Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

River was a right mess today apparently
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

apparently the rivers four foot up and rising! Should be interesting come saturday.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/ho ... 112WAFTMBA Image

A lot of rain forecast for the SW and West Wales late tonight and early hours and another heavy shower friday afternoon , no more rain forecast after that , saturday warm and clear.

We set off tomorrow morning ...... fingers crossed a lot of the rain misses North Somerset :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

someone has just said one or two sections have moved Image Image
perhaps to the trent Image good luck Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Image

not too bad
Ian_Morrison

Unread post by Ian_Morrison »

Holy mother of god, I think i might be a bit under gunned to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ian_Morrison

wait a minute Joff, thats the wrong river!!! Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Image Imagegot yer
Ian_Morrison

Hahaha, I was about to rush to a sea tackle shop and buy some 6oz grippa leads Image Image Image Image. bet thats the best bite you have had for a while!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

good luck kido Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

big well done Dave Massey Sams Tackle Wigan 4th Individuall today in the Division 1 National Nice Bloke, Image Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

http://www.nfaresults.co.uk/2012/div1_teams.php

Dodge & Morrie88 did well for there respective teams. Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Here is how my couple of days in the SW went  Image

A 5 hour plus drive in rain and a snarled up motorway network didnt get things off to a good start , then once arriving in Keynsham our state of the art sat nav system decided to take us to Bath , christ it is so hilly down there !  Image Image . The hotel was top class with a couple of pubs opposite and the village looked resplendant so jobs a good un and off we set to have a look at a couple of sections , the condition of the river and to watch the "millions" of anglers practicing !!!! (why oh why was this allowed ???). Kevin Dicks was pegging the Newbridge section and reckoned the river was around 12 inches up , it certainly had plenty of colour in and was pushing through plus word was plenty of bream had been caught from various sections that day !
Back to the hotel a quick shower and it was off for a couple of pints and a meal in the pub ...... a couple of hours later the rest of our squad met up who,s wives wouldnt let them out for the day  Image and a dozen more pints were supped ...... in the very same pub !  Image :D Image Woodhouse kept texting me about Robin Van Persie and catholic priests ?  Image Image anyways it was now late so back to the quiet hotel !  Image Image :D  Image

Saturday morning arrived and there was a proper buzz , morrie88 hadnt slept a wink thinking of the flyer and all the bream he was going to draw on  Image ;) Image Bath race course is possibly situated on the highest hill in the SW , im sure i could see Manchester 200 mile away in the distance ?  Image Image. As usual we were the very last to draw and i ended up with dreaded G section which not only was never going to win crappity smack all it was crappity smacking miles away in the middle of crappity smacking nowhere !  Image Image Image Image. Half an hour later after passing hundreds of lost anglers having same sat nav problems we pulled into Staverton horse racing stables , a lovely looking stretch of river (decieving  Image) a drive down the race gallops and park right behind your peg and very helpful stewards  Image Image. My peg G50 was only just 16 mtrs wide 8ft deep and very pacey. Set up a 2.5 gram rig for running through a 1 gram chopworm / scratching rig for the inside an 8 gram flatfloat rig and a small feeder / bomb, lobbie rod ....... nice and simple as word was 4lb could be worth proper good points. The match went so quickly it was unreal , 14 balls of gross gardons / roach noire with hemp , casters and a few dead pinkies were balled in @ 12 mtrs and a few chopped worms/ lobbies in soil cupped in @ 6 mtrs that was it !  ;)   I had a few early small perch on the inside but thoroughly enjoyed myself catching roach inching the 2.5 gram rig through over the g/b loose feeding 8 /10 bronze maggots and same of hemp every few fish , adding a section on also brought a few extra fish as did resting the peg now again  Image, it was strange however not being able to see another angler all match because of the jungle we were in !  Image Image Image. The scalesman arrived and word was 1kg was brilliant !  Image Image Image my weight went 2 kilo 200 (5lb ish) the lad to my left had a 2 lb plus eel plus some nice perch for 2kilo 400 and the lad on the end peg to my right had a cracking net of roach mostly caught on tares last hour to win the section with 4kilo 600  Image he was in Chavey,s team and a smashing bloke  Image 8-) Image. I managed 6th in the  section with 45 points , no money won but a fantastic couple of days , a lovely days river fishing and a proper buzz  Image Image

A massive thanks to my team mate young Dave Mcmanus , he is a very talented lad with a big future in our game who,s enthusiasm and demeanour rubs off on all our team  8-) Image Dave drew end k section ...... now it seems this section was pegged wrong , J51 and K51 were next to each other ???? dave had a 1 hour plus walk (2mile plus !!!) to K10. Image

Well done Dorking (again ! ) Mullarkey and Vanderashandy,s Maver Image Image and Chavey,s Garbolino Blackmore Vale Image

Lastly massive thanks to captain Chris and M C Bumbag Bazza Image Image 8-) Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Good report Dodge and well done Image Image

Chavey and CWH look like they also had a gud un in B section Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Nice one Dodge..i was also Staverton G11 side of raiway bridge   Imageand the same crapity smacking peg Snedster  (son in law)bagged up on..on thursdays sesh   Image
He had one  tiny roach and a perch  Image  Image Image

No boshing of groundbait fo me..instead opted fo chopped lob baitdropped onto 9mrt pole feeder line.
Whilsts loose feeding stick line....ended up with 1kg 60g comprised of 2 nice roach and 8 decent sized billies.  Image

Worked out well transport wise Snedster drew  mnext section. We unloaded mi kit and off he went in Hilux to H14. Stewards very kindly let those with 4x4  drive across fields to peg...so no walks for either of us  Image
Teamwise we came 15th

ClayLaners Rock!!

oh!! Sneds managed to bag billy the bream at 3:45pm ending up with 48pts n 4th in section Image
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Unread post by sven »

Anyone know next years national venues div 1 and 2 Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Big well done to Dorking Image
Just tooo good.
I enjoyed my day 14lb of tare roach and a 2lb billy.
Thought it was a great day, met a few old friends, spoke to Chavey and Mullarkey after the match as they were in my section. What a lovely river, I know some had hard pegs but some of the pegs are to die for !!!! Wish it was closer !!!!!!!
Good Stewards in my section and very friendly. A bit of a walk but I would do it again.
I remember fishing a national on the river in the early eighties in Div 2, I enjoyed it then and more so this week. Nice weather (I was dripping walking back !) but could not think of a better place to be, it really is a nice area.
Well done to Angling Trust for pulling this one off and a big thank you to all who helped.
What a good national Image