If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

HAS THIS MATCH GOT A FUTURE

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Joff
As a Quorn member are we still allowed to park in the Brinks field ?

Bill
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Joff,

I can't really comment on the parking at the river venues but this may help for the canals.

I assume Quorn AS rent their stretches of canal off CRT.
If that is the case (very likely) a suggestion is to try and find a bit of suitable land for parking and ask the owner what he would let it go for.
Then contact CRT to see it they have any ideas, - after all it is in their interest for Quorn to keep paying rent to CRT.
CRT would look on it sypathetically and although they may not be able to physically assist they could well offer some advice. It is worth trying, - Nowt to loose.
SAS_Angling

Unread post by SAS_Angling »

Hope so Joff......... I have had quite a few lads that come into the shop complaining about how bad the commercials are fishing and the pay-outs are rubbish and they are thinking about coming back to canals and rivers.

Mind you i do rub it in when i say that if you win the Sensas pairs match you pick up over £200 and you pay the top 4 and pay £40 every 5 men!!! Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Joff
As a Quorn member are we still allowed to park in the Brinks field ?

Bill
I'm nut really sure barrow boy it's been locked for most of the season and I'm not sure how the gate way is after the floods I'd like to say yes but I'm not sure this year we have only used the first field below the weir and pack around the navi pub Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Thanks bill most of the canal is easy parking its just getting the parking for the rest Image
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Staples now being in Liquidation might help your parking issues there now.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Staples now being in Liquidation might help your parking issues there now.
So has Blockbusters
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

Hope so Joff......... I have had quite a few lads that come into the shop complaining about how bad the commercials are fishing and the pay-outs are rubbish and they are thinking about coming back to canals and rivers.

Mind you i do rub it in when i say that if you win the Sensas pairs match you pick up over £200 and you pay the top 4 and pay £40 every 5 men!!! Image

to be fair, most commercials fish poor for carp in the winter. not always for silvers tho, very often it is brilliant.
My local commercial is a good example for silvers, but not many go, why I don't know. ok it aint a big match, up to about 20ish pegs, but good fishing,everyone will get bites , no walking, safe parking and if 20 fish pay top 4 £90, £70,£50,£40 plus 2 x £25 sections.

I do think sometimes the payout on a big match can be more attractive than the fishing itself.
there are people who have told me they'd rather catch one fish and win a lot of money than have a good days fishing and if they win a few quid it's a bonus.

Do you guys think a lot of anglers tend to fish for Carp in the summer, Silvers in the winter, i know a lot that do.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

to be fair, most commercials fish poor for carp in the winter. not always for silvers tho, very often it is brilliant.
My local commercial is a good example for silvers, but not many go, why I don't know. ok it aint a big match, up to about 20ish pegs, but good fishing,everyone will get bites , no walking, safe parking and if 20 fish pay top 4 £90, £70,£50,£40 plus 2 x £25 sections.

I do think sometimes the payout on a big match can be more attractive than the fishing itself.
there are people who have told me they'd rather catch one fish and win a lot of money than have a good days fishing and if they win a few quid it's a bonus.

Do you guys think a lot of anglers tend to fish for Carp in the summer, Silvers in the winter, i know a lot that do.

Taff your payouts are good at hemming ton and the fishing is great Saturdays might be the reason for lower turnouts and I know you all get bites
But for me (I might be old school)it's the competing against the best and the bigger field just like the old days to me if 8lbs wins 5lb is last in the money so be it ,it will be the same this weekend and the same all over the country but one thing is for sure there will be a winner
I'd love to fish your match or any match on a Saturday more than likely yours because of chance of a few fish and bites but on the Sunday it would have to be bigger for me  Image beating the best and competing against the best comes first every time it's never the money  Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

A big part for me is after the match with the lads as well can't beat a good bit of banter ;)
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

I know it isn't about the money for you mate,
Only thing for me on some big matches ( not all, obviously exceptions) is that the results look great in the paper but there's always a lot who catch nowt and don't get a days fishing. that's the most important for me.

(Must say tho that the standard at Hemmington is in the main really good, one particular match there was 7 current or former internationals, anglers from Trentmen, Starlets etc, (Oh and me lolol), in fact we don't get many locals.)

I enjoy the banter too, it is good, just can't always stay now cos of circumstances.
end of the day it's the same old thing, each to their own.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

your right taff each to there own Image Imagei just want to fish kiddo
your only here once and its for a very short time really Image
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by chub_tamer »

how can team fishing have any future only the few big teams in the country can win the national because it has been made for them to go through to the euro champ 10 top fish on a venue with bloodworm made for dorking or barnsley to win every year.1997 there was 97 teams in div 1 on the thames and 54 teams in div 6 with 70-80 teams in the other divions all these anler have not died they go commercials were they win more money than they ever did team fishing no walking safe car and they catch more no kids coming through the system apart from puddle kids who think there superstars ! what have most of them ever won? team fishing was great i fished for doncaster from 1986 till 2009 from 2000 its been on its wobbly cheeks now it can never come back in any form shame but true
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

So true.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Chub tamer that's is very true kiddo but if nothing gets done team fishing will die and to be fair that will be the end of my fishing as well individual matches don't have the same buzz for me
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by chub_tamer »

true there is no better feeling than winning a team medal in a national i spent a fortune doing it lol but it was the weeks away practising and the buzz of national day but thats not there anymore i loved the buses on national was gr8 crack but now its all about individuals some of them who could never get in the teams round here but now there gods on puddles at least people think they are lol