If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match 15 2012 - A smashing time at Elmbridge

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

The final match of the 2012 series saw the Cashmores Crew turnout to do battle in the fur & feather on the Pheasant Pool at Elmbridge

And what an thrilling, action packed and eventful day it turned out to be................... 
olly

Unread post by olly »

Tell us more uncle TK! Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by paul_brown »

OOOOOOhhhhh you tease TK.......

Tell us more please........
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

to many on the pool i bet
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Gorra get meself a job.......

Then I might find a bit of time to knock up a report Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

go on boss tell us more Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Aok then Tricast62 ;)

Well spose I’d better finally pen a few words about this action packed, fun filled, exciting instalment of the 2012 series. :D

Going into this final match there were a number of things to be ‘sorted’ – for instance who’d be declared the Cashmores 2012 champion ???? – nearly all the runners and riders had fallen by the wayside leaving it a two horse race in this final furlong. The odds on favourite was MrV who’d topped the leader board for some time – ever since he had started drifting to the ‘dark side’ Image earlier in the season with a string of decent results on venues far from his beloved cuts and rivers...........Only Zorro had the slimmest chance of catching him – and TBH that dependend on a massive landslide of a result today

The knock out was to be sorted too – the final battle again entailed Zorro in a head to head with KOD Image

That’s not to mention this was also the ‘fur and feather’ with a bottle or two up for grabs Image

Plus the Golden peg now stood at 200 sovs plus – would it survive the 3 golden pegs on offer today Image

Back to the morning............

My pleading with Heinzer not to pick up until 7.45am had fallen on deaf ears as he rolled up promptly as reluctantly arranged at 7.30am. :'( In fact as it turned out I could have had another 45 mins lie in, cuss as we arrived at the fishery just after 8.15am it turned out that we, along with anglers fishing the open on the adjoining pool, were ‘halted’ just inside the fishery entrance because of an ‘impending’ shoot on the grounds.

After about another half hour, Image a couple of dozen fully tweeded bods sauntered past with retrievers on leads down to the shoot area. After what seemed like an eternity Image Image – well 15 mins – the sound of beaters, followed by gun shots, further followed by angler’s cheers as the odd pheasant flew past us having escaped the artillery Image

When the all clear sounded, we finally got to the adjoining fishery carp park, shown on the top left hand corner of the aerial shot of fishery. By the time we’d all gathered fully garbed, the time was 9.30am and with the ‘size’ of the pool it was agreed a 10.45am ‘kick off’

Whilst waiting for the draw I wandered down to the waters edge and looked at the first platform. Couldnt spot a number on it. Image Nor any no on the platform to the left Image..........nor to the right Image

I’d got an obvious interest in what those peg numbers were as I’d decided beforehand – whether they were good or bad :-/ – I was gunna take advantage of a ‘short walk’ draw today cuss of a weakened ankle coupled with some tricky muddy terrain around the pool.

‘What’s that first peg no?’ I enquired to one of the Cashmore’s members who’d visited the water a time or two before and who was facilitating the pegging/draw with KOD. ‘Peg 11’ was the reply. ‘That’ll do me’ I thought.

‘Pegs 9 to 15’ were set aside for the walking wounded and the draw commenced..........

I say ‘pegs 9 to 15’ in inverted commas, cuss it didn’t quite turn out that way

In fact as members plodded round the pool trying to locate their pegs it quickly became apparent that there was a bit of a cock up on the catering front to coin a phrase. Image Image Image

Some ended on ‘their’ true peg, some ended on the peg they thought they should have been on, :D but wasn’t their peg, and some just plonked themselves down on an available peg in the ‘vicinity’ they would have been in............it was almost like a rover Image Image Image

(To give you some idea, it turned out my peg ‘11’ was in fact actually peg 3 although there was absolutely no indication on the platform as to what it was)

Anyway – onto the match. Image

I’d heard it was full of lumps Image – down the sides. And what’s more, those lumps reputedly got bigger and bigger as the date of the match neared. So in preperation I’d tied up a batch of tow rope rigs – well tow rope to me :D – 7.6lb reflo coupled with Kamasan animal hooks I’d had in a drawer for a decade or so, to some small Tyson floats for the margins and Nick Gilberts thingymybobs (forget the actual model) for open water. I’d also replicated those rigs with lighter lines for silvers JUST INCASE ::) the animals lurking in the depths didn’t play ball.

The game plan – as I’d been reliably informed – was fish for the silvers (you could do 20/30 lb easily - yep just how many times have I heard that one ::) ) and when it went quiet go out with a munster rig on cuss it meant the craps had arrived.

Well from the off and for the entire 5 hours my peg must have been solid with craps Image ..............cuss I couldn’t string more than 2 silvers together Image ........but the problem with all those craps in my peg was that they obviously weren’t very peckish either............. :D

Just to please Joffie – in between all this hectic action (not) on peg 11 – or was that peg 3 Image – I took a couple of snaps from my perch in Cripple Corner

Looking to my left, joining me in Cripple Corner were PhilB, Mick K and Tommy Cooper

To my right I stood every chance of being Brambletised Image

Looking to the right across the pool you might spot Cotti was lurking – obviously antagonising all the ducks in the vicinity as they never shut up all match – although in fairness they did drown out some of the reported moaning and groaning that was going on lower down the pool ;)

Whilst it was ‘dead’ up our end apart from Big Geoff who wheedled a few out on some secret bait or other, Image ::) it was obvious that a few members were having a better time of it.

Tommy Cooper had bombed out on his golden peg – but would the pot survive the attentions of MrV and Rich C who were on the other golden pegs. Image From a treasurers perspective things were looking a little grim as when the final whistle went, rumour was that Mr V (along with Tricast62 for whom I have also got great concerns of him also turning to the dark side) Image had had a few.

The scales soon materialised and it didn’t take long to weigh in Cripple Corner. Image In fact a few others on that side in the immediate vicinity had also had a struggle.

Zorro - in the knock out final - had placed a ‘fair few’ on the scales and now waited anxiously for KOD, who would be last man to weigh in to find out who would win that trophy and the few bob that goes along with it.

And here is the tale of the scales.............

PEG
3 MIKE ELCOCK 6.4.0
6 ROBERTO D 11.8.0
7 HEINZER 8.14.0
9 BRAMBLES 7.2.0
11 TK 9.14.0
13 MICK KENN 5.2.0
14 TOMMY COOPER 3.8.0
15 PHIL B 12.8.0
17 ZORRO 34.0.0
20 RICH C 39.14.0
23 BIG BAZ D N W
25 KOD 38.0.0
26 TRICAST62 61.0.0
27 MRV 42.12.0
29 THE MILKY BAR KID 28.12.0
31 MGB 18.14.0
32 DAZ WILLIAMS 20.10.0
36 HAHA 72.4.0
38 COTTI 12.8.0
39 YAMO 32.14.0
40 BIG GEOFF 31.12.0

As it turned out dark horse HaHa saved the day on the Golden Peg pot front. Image For those not aware, the accumulated pot at the end of the year is split 50/50 – half to the clubs coffers, half as the starting pot for the next season.

KOD won the KO with the last weigh in of the season. Image

KOD also snatched another trophy weighing in the heaviest fish of the season Image – some crappy coming in at 11lb odd, beating the previous season heaviest which had stood for a few matches at 11lb 4oz.

MrV was declared club champion after a season of consistent results, winning a couple in the process too. Image Image

And to close off an action packed day............. Image Image Image

Remember that £100+ pot from the golden peg that was going into the clubs coffers? Image Image Image

Well it looks like it might be spent a little earlier than originally envisaged Image .................no not on another venue booking Image ..............no, not on new polo shirts for the members Image

But on a brand new set of Scales as during the weigh in, the set I purchased before the start of this season, hit the deck busting them Image Image Image (No names, no pack drill) Image

Final verdict on Elmbridge?

A well mature venue with pleasant owners. Just a few common sense rules and bait bans. Those pleasant owners trusted you and left the club to get on with it

Although I'm not a commie man, I'd certainly pay the place another visit on a club match
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

really good write up boss and good to see thee out fishin bout time . Image Image
well done to MrV club champ. Image
well done to KOD knock out champ Image
well done to all for making it an enjoyable match season. Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

brilliant Image Image Image Imagei love these write ups Image Image
i'm sure if match fishing printed some of these it would increase the sales Image Image
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Good write up once again T K thaks.
Well done Yamo, Mr V and HAHA.
An excellent weight for HAHA which, I believe included a fair amount of skimmers including the flying variety! as well as carp.
All in all a good season even though my results weren't brilliant I've enjoyed it.

:) :) :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Result from the following day...............

Elmbridge Fishery, Droitwich, Sun. 26, Pheasant Pool. Chris Whitehouse (Stevens Tackle) 63-0-0, carp, poled maggot, peg 28. Dave Harrison (Solhampton) 61-0-0. Nathan Lloyd (Elmbridge) 47-10-0.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well,that was another "interesting" Cashmores match  Image I thought that once we got down to the water, things would go with their usual Cashmores "efficiency" but following "a few kindly exchanges" between one of our crew and the organiser of the adjacent open over a parking space, nothing was ever going to be smooth  :o. Got to my peg and it didn't look any different to Tricast or KODs pegs. Josh on next but one peg resembled a Jap sniper sitting behind his bush, and I really fancied him to turn us over on the day  :-/
Fed lines either side in the margin, one with pellet, the other with JGG. 10 oclock line at 8 mtrs was fed with a pot of micros with a sprinkling of JGG. 2 oclock line at 9 mtrs was fed with a full pot of choppie, and loose fed over it with maggot. Started having a few silvers on the maggot or snips of worm. Eventually hooked a beast on a full piece of worm, and netted it backwards  Image Image Another one hooked in the right end a short while later was also bagged, but then I lost 2 foul hookers on the trot, which killed it for an hour. Had heard Josh net a few in his "undergrowth" peg, and Tricast had started bagging on the silvers methods he is so good at. Even KOD had started to have a few after eventually changing his plummet for a sinking one that told him he was 2 foot off bottom  Image Image Image. For the rest of the match it was a few silvers here and there. Decided to "wet up" a tub of micros and "give em a huge dollop" to see if I could kick a few Craps into feeding. It worked  Image 3 more Craps in the last 45 minutes, and another foul hooker lost  :( Thought Tricast and KOD had beaten me, and not sure about the Jap sniper, but I had enjoyed the banter yet again....never a dull moment really with this lot  Image Image The weigh in was a marathon in itself, and I don't mind naming and shaming who dropped the scales. Take a bow ****.....bloody hell, TK was editing that as I typed it.  :D :D Thanks to the crew for another interesting season, and looking forward to the  Image.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Tricast had started bagging on the silvers methods he is so good at.

Gorra keep an eye out for him next year MrV Image

Was updating the trophy records earlier this week for next years presentation - by the way that's if the members want a presentation this year Image

If Tricast62 had been a member in 2012, not only would he have walked away with a couple of match winning trophies, doing a rrecount of points to include him, it would have been touch and go between thee and him for the championship if he hadnt have chucked away at the first match at Border

Looks like 15 slider matches for 2013 to test him out on that method........ ;)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

only 15  Image Image like it boss brill  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I don't mind naming and shaming who dropped the scales. Take a bow ****.....

Scales now repaired by R H and back in Heinzer's clutches Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thanks to our new snapper in the ranks (Mike E) here's a few photos from this match...........

Mike obviously thought this looked a flyer on the opposite bank

And another view of the pool......

A few of the weigh in

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Roberto D's efforts on the day

Followed by two dodgy characters who, for a few months, appeared to have gone to the dark side Image

First up MrV

And Tricast62

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Another catch shot - this time of KOD

And KOD's heaviest fish of the season

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Last but not least - match winner HaHa who had a smashing time ;)