If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Match 12 2012 - Trotting the Trent

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Did the wag win it, or did someone whip em out Image

All will be revealed............
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Image Image Image Image Image Image did thee No  Image Image Image great day out and moving water  Image and banter as per usual 5 star
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Welly fishings the one TK! Image Image

Maggot in the boot, brings the roach in for me! Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

OMG what a disaster for me........schoolboy error cost me valuable points :'( :'( :'( Ah well....s**t happens, and as we always say, a days fishing is better than a days working :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well it looks like I missed a Image

What happend to all those roach, dace and chub :o

22 HEINZER 4.4.0
23 HAHA 2.12.0
24 THE MILKY BAR KID 1.12.0
25 ROBERTO D 0.9.0
26 COTTI 2.10.0
27 PHIL B 0.3.0
28 TOMMY COOPER 0.9.0
29 GLYN DNW
30 KOD 1.9.0
31 MR V 2.0.0
32 TREVOR B 0.1.0
33 TRICAST62 0.6.0
34 MIKE ELCOCK 2.0.0
35 ZORRO 1.6.0
Glyncar69

Unread post by Glyncar69 »

trotting on the trent,well ....
1.had to bring along grandaughter not a problem,she might fetch me a bit of luck
2.first stop burton angling supplies for bait,back in car and wont start had to get a push off tackle shop man
3.got the little one to draw my peg looked quite good
4.unloaded car to find waders and net bag left at home
5.set up box thanks to tricast,who also provided me with 2 black bin bags which were duelly placed over me boots and taped above the knee
6.rods all set up stick,wag feeder sorted
7.made my way to box bin bags shredded boots full water
8.stick float down the side 2 dace 1 roach 2ounce nothing for next 3hours stickfloat wag nowt
9.struck at a bite was in weed tip of rod snapped
10.last hour out on maggot feeder 5 chucks nothing but set feeder up spot on,6th chuck little dink big drop back and strike er we go i thought no such luck reeled in and found a 1 inch gudgeon on the hook 4 fishnow.ah well atleast the feeder was criticaly balanced
11.just nice to be on running water at last
12.will i be taking my so called good luck charm of a grandaughter again.emmm yeh cos i love her to bits Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

well put over glyn lad Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

River looked good when we arrived, probably 4 or 5 inches on, but no colour. Walked the length with Heinzer and we noted all the peg numbers for the draw as its now permanently pegged. Allotted pegs 27 and 28 to our 2 "elderly statesmen", Phil and Tommy, then we all drew. As there were only 14 attendees we fished pegs 22 to 35. I drew 31, which was a short trolley push into the wood. Nice looking peg with a nice stick float flow on the inside, so out with the rods, and plumbing up had quite a shock  Image These pegs used to be about 3 - 4 feet inside and about 8 ft down the middle, but to my surprise found about 7 foot on the inside and about 12 ft down the middle  :-/ Put on heavier floats for both lines, and also set up the pole, hoping for a bit of hemp/tare action later with the Roach. Tk called about an hour in and said Cottee was admitting to about 8oz at the top end. I could only admit to about 4oz, half a dozen baby chublets and a couple of bleak  :o two hours in and all methods tried, I decided to set up a big lignum stick float and fish further out (about 4-5 rod lengths). Immediately I started to get more action, albeit from 1 and 2 ounce Dace and Roach, but enough to keep topping the net up. Tried different shotting patterns and eventually picked off a few 4 oz roach and Dace. Tricast came up with about hour and a half left and I admitted to about 3lb, which he said was excellent compared to what he had seen on his walk about  ::) Had a few more fish up to 3 oclock, all slightly better stamp Dace, when I noticed a distressed looking 4 oz Roach in my net. Lifted my net and noticed the Roach was stuck in a hole in my net.  :-[ Lifted the rest of the net out and was gutted to find almost everything undr 2 - 3 oz had gone  Image Image. Talk about gutted  :'( :'( I couldn't fish the last 15 minutes, I was so miffed  Image Image. My own fault though, after fishing the River on Wednesday and having a couple of pike attacks on my net, I never checked it before the match  Image Image. Finished up weighing 2lb, but swear I had put 5 - 6lb in the net  Image. Ah well, lesson learned. The net was 10 years old, and had a few repairs previously, so its now in the bin, and am going to have to stick my tight yorkshire hands into my tight Yorkshire pockets for a new one  Image Image Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Thanks for making me most welcome on my first " guest " appearance on a Cashmores match . The river looked lovely and it was such a nice change to fish a pool that moved ( must try it again )

My 5 micro chublets and singular perch moved the scales backwards but I was kindly awarded 1 oz which was a moral victory on the day .

Hoping to turn out again as a "guest "

regards

Trevor B
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Thanks for making me most welcome on my first " guest " appearance on a Cashmores match . The river looked lovely and it was such a nice change to fish a pool that moved ( must try it again )

My 5 micro chublets and singular perch moved the scales backwards but I was kindly awarded 1 oz which was a moral victory on the day .

Hoping to turn out again as a "guest "

regards

Trevor B

nice meeting you trev :D

hope to see ypu on a few moree Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

must agree with MBK it were good to meet you Trev bit of look you,ll do more on next visit lad Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

With just 3 to go, it's time for a table update...........thanks to KOD who compiles these Image

MEMBER POINTS
MR V 309
ZORRO 293
COTTI 288
KOD 278
THE MILKY BAR KID 266
YAMO 262
HAHA 249
BIG BAZ 237
HEINZER 189
GLYN 186
BIG GEOFF 158