If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Winter league final

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Winter league final

Unread post by joffmiester »

right while its fresh in your minds was the winter league final a success on a commercial did every competitor catch loads of fish did it pull the crowds in
from what ive heard bob dyer did a sterling job running the event and single handed
after reading the A/Times report it shows that dorking barnsley and starlets are the best all round teams in the country
i also wonder how much practice some of the commercial teams put in against these teams
and was it a success for the fisheries point putting up the money on the day
a little disappointed at the winners only getting £2000 for what is called the blue ribbon event for match angling plus where have all the trophies gone  Image Imagedid they belong to Angling times  :-/ :-/
and what is happening about this years winter league ,its now august 6 weeks away from the new campaign

personally i'd like to see a balance sheet right from the start of this years competition now the angling trust is running it like a proper business  Image Imagei'm sure if they told you what your fishing for from the start it might encourage more teams to fish
or are they looking for a new sponsor Image Imagei know last years winter league was short notice to say the least, but i'd of thought this years plans should be all sorted by now Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

by the way dorking won it northwest 2nd and barnsley 3rd equal with starlets
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Winter league final

Unread post by Mullarkey »

I fished the final and in my opinion the venue was top class, lots of fish with nice pleasant settings with very helpful fishery staff.
On the flip side I would prefer a more traditional venue like the nene or trent only because it feels right and i`m not fishing for someone`s pets in their backgarden.
Bob Dyer done a fantastic job in running it single handedly and it all went off smoothly, unlike when another person used to run the semi`s as there was always an error in the results.
Bob did say at the end that next year the semi`s will be end of feb early march and the final will be on a natural venue (think he said river) in the midlands first week of july.

Well done to Dorking on winning, their a class act and are too good in all honesty. They and the other two oustanding teams Barnsley and Starlets will have some great battles amongst themselves in the coming years. Can`t see many other teams wanting to play with them.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

mullarkey did he say anything about a new sponsor being needed for the event ,if its going back on a natural venue i can't see a commercial sponsoring it .
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Winter league final

Unread post by bill yards »

My pet subject - yawn - yawn - yawn Image

I have always said that a Balance Sheet should be made available for every big match wherever it is being held.
I know some couldn't care a monkeys what goes in and what goes out and some wouldn't undertand one anyway.
I do think anglers have a right however as to seeing where their hard earned money goes.
I have an Asda near where I live; if I go in for something as simple as one bread roll I get a receipt for it which tells me what I have spent my money on. Image Image
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Winter league final

Unread post by Mullarkey »

Joff,

no mention of a new sponsor or whether they need one to run the event.
In terms of money paid out, they only paid top three teams and first in sections. There was an individual payout as well but I can`t remember how many they paid out. Pools were only £15 so you can`t expect much from that. I think Partridge lakes chipped in with a couple of grand.
The owner of the lakes (think he`s name was Dave) seemed a decent fellow, he spent time talking to the anglers and thanked them for coming. Bit unlike some down south who charge you a fiver to walk round!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

perhaps they don't need a sponsor  :-/i did hear the entry money has gone down from last year as well for this year £100.00 down to £70 that's a lot of money if consider when A/T ran it around 160 teams took part throughout the leagues Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

being charged to walk around Image Imagecome on thats as good as the extra parking on the national £6.50 Image Imagei take it these are jokes Image Image Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone
Personal Text: Joan Is Fit
Match Team/ Club: N/A
Sponsor: E.F.C

Winter league final

Unread post by Bonanza216 »

I hear it teams of 10 or 8 depending on fishery or venue, could be wrong, at the end of the day we will all be last to know boys Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Winter league final

Unread post by lloydy »

Heard you can have teams of 8,10 or 12 but whatever league starts with it has to carry on, final will still be teams of 10
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Winter league final

Unread post by craftytafty »

being charged to walk around  Image Imagecome on thats as good as the extra parking on the national £6.50  Image Imagei take it these are jokes  Image Image Image

I think everywhere should charge £100 to walk round. Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Winter league final

Unread post by big_cup »

Heard you can have teams of 8,10 or 12 but whatever league starts with it has to carry on, final will still be teams of 10

North eastern winter league has been given the option to fish with as little as 6 per team, so that teams with very small numbers can still fish the league and the bigger teams such as Barnsley and Thorne etc can field 2 sides or more if they wish, its being put to a vote. Again as you have said here, the final will be 10 anglers,no matter what the resulting number of the vote for the league is.
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Winter league final

Unread post by macca »

have they changed the rule about fishing for more than one team because if a team of 6 wins a league they wont be able to add team members who have fished for another team in the competition. even if they come from the same squad.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Winter league final

Unread post by Mugger »

being charged to walk around  Image Imagecome on thats as good as the extra parking on the national £6.50  Image Imagei take it these are jokes  Image Image Image

Here you go Joff, you'll find this on the GOLD VALLEY website. ;)
PLEASE BE AWARE – IF YOU INVITE FRIENDS OR FAMILY TO VISIT YOU ON THE BANK WHILE FISHING AT GOLD VALLEY THEY WILL BE EXPECTED TO PURCHASE A VISITOR’S TICKET COSTING £5.00 REGARDLESS OF DURATION OF STAY – NO EXCEPTIONS!   
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

perhaps they don't need a sponsor  :-/i did hear the entry money has gone down from last year as well for this year £100.00 down to £70 that's a lot of money if consider when A/T ran it around 160 teams took part throughout the leagues Image

sorry angling times was £60.00 ::) ::)
still a lot of money
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

North eastern winter league has been given the option to fish with as little as 6 per team, so that teams with very small numbers can still fish the league and the bigger teams such as Barnsley and Thorne etc can field 2 sides or more if they wish, its being put to a vote. Again as you have said here, the final will be 10 anglers,no matter what the resulting number of the vote for the league is.
i'm pretty sure they have scrapped the 6 man squads,i think its because the bigger teams wanted to put two teams in
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

Here you go Joff, you'll find this on the GOLD VALLEY website. ;)
PLEASE BE AWARE – IF YOU INVITE FRIENDS OR FAMILY TO VISIT YOU ON THE BANK WHILE FISHING AT GOLD VALLEY THEY WILL BE EXPECTED TO PURCHASE A VISITOR’S TICKET COSTING £5.00 REGARDLESS OF DURATION OF STAY – NO EXCEPTIONS!   

Image Image Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Winter league final

Unread post by big_cup »

I will double check Joff but I am sure 6 was an option in the vote I received.

Same rules Macca, Barnsley have endless amounts of anglers they can fetch in as and when required. As long as the team has a different name, for example as simple as red and black, then they can name two seperate squads and as long as they dont cross anglers over between the teams that is acceptable as far as I am lead to believe?
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

big cup what happens if the red and black come 1st and 2nd ?? as the semi is still 10 men will they be able to put four or five into the team that won from the 2nd team as you want to field your strongest squad :-/ :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Winter league final

is there such a thing as a winter league balance sheet on the angling trust website :-/ :-/