If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

QUORN ANGLING

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by joffmiester »

please note that Quorn angling now have a bailiff anyone fishing the water without a book including the canal will be charged £5 a day books are £10 from christmas
we are also looking to employ anyone who would like to make platforms [pegs] along the river a proper job
from the new season membership books will be on sale for £25
we are going to try and improve access
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by bill yards »

Sounds like you have had problems there Joff.

We have had the same at High Onn; I turfed TEN off one day, yet they all had the chance of buying a day ticket before they went.
We have also had odd ones fishing on their own without paying, they are snapped from the opposite bank.
These have ruined it for all and now there will be NO day tickets issued for all IW(Stafford) AA waters.
Anybody caught from now will face up to a visit from 101.
Apologies about this but we have to pay rents.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

yes its a problem bill but we have let it go on, so the club is partly to blame .but like you said the rents have to be made
two things that have brought light to this is parking we pay a lot of money for and anglers are using it without books and the other is rent for the brinks alone is a outrage we have used it for 30 pegs in total this season and the only other anglers fishing haven't got books
i have put my own team straight on this as they are as bad a lot of wigston lads and the Quorn lads all have taken the pee
if we are to turn the river into a well platformed fishery theses anglers need to be aware of the costs
hammo

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by hammo »

i will let you know joff every time i have fished quorns or loughboro water i have always had a book Image.not had one the last few years as i longer have no time to pleasure fish .great news about you trying to improve the accses and platforms hope it all goes well as i for one love fishing the river and cant be doing with people putting it down all the time Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

i will let you know joff every time i have fished quorns or loughboro water i have always had a book Image.not had one the last few years as i longer have no time to pleasure fish .great news about you trying to improve the accses and platforms hope it all goes well as i for one love fishing the river and cant be doing with people putting it down all the time Image
i'm not pointing the finger hammo just want anglers to be aware of the costs to get these jobs done the initial cost will be high but in the long run it should bring anglers back we have a great river that is only used in the winter the same with the canal Image its just not paying so we might as well throw some money in to improve it or we will loose it Image
hammo

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by hammo »

joff i can get some of the best blue pallets if you want some let me know as it will take a while to collect some up .if you need them taking to the river i have a van but will only be able to do this on a sunday or monday it will be no problem Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

blue pallets Imagehammo i think you can getin some trouble using them Image Image but if we can that would be brill mate Image Image
phy8dop

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by phy8dop »

Joff,
When I was a member of Broome they had pegs fitted at the meadow lane lake. I am sure they were paid for or subsidised through some kind of grant from the EA or AT.

It might be worth a try. The only ptoblem is that I think they had to be disabled friendly so they are quite large - you might have some boaters thinking that they are jettys  :D

If this isn't an option then maybe making them yourselves would be cheaper. If you can get timber cost price then it can be very cheap. I reckon materials to make a 1.5m x 1m peg from treated timber and sheradised screws would be less then 20 pounds. If you made a standard design for the platform and had 3 or 4 fellas with chop saws then I reckon you could knock 20 pegs up in a morning.
For example: my brother in law owns a fencing company. I got the materials to make a shed from his yard. It cost me about 150 quid to make a 8 x 10 shed. This is probably a fifth of the going rate from a retailer and it is also a lot more sturdy.   
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

sounds good dan ,but i think you are right boats might moor up to them plus i don't think we could make them that big Image
phy8dop

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by phy8dop »

If you made them yourself I think 1.5m x 1m would be a good size, which I think is the size of a blue euro pallet.

It might be worth asking about the EA. Maybe someone on the broome committee could confirm the arrangement. Only a couple were disabled pegs, the rest were a normal size.
phy8dop

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by phy8dop »

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

cheers dan thats great info mate Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

QUORN ANGLING

great news in the last two days everyone fishing the river has had a club book monday we had two on the greens tuesday 4 on the greens all with club books Image Image no anglers anywhere else even the canal Image Image
hammo

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by hammo »

dan you couldnt spend that much on platforms on a river to much vandalism and sometimes severe floods can smash them to bits best stay with free pallets and replace every few years mate Image
phy8dop

QUORN ANGLING

Unread post by phy8dop »

Good point. Might be a good way to bring on some much needed rain!

Whenever I pick up a sandwich it always brings on a bite :D