If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Yamo sacks up on our Wyrley Essington canal

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Received this 'update' from Yamo's latest exploits down on the 'Common' section Image

Session one on pelsall common, fished chopped worm and caster, set up about 7.30 and was immediately into tench, average size was about 2lbs, smaller than the normal stamp. Fished 2 rigs one to the right just off far shelf and one to my left right in the track. Alternated between swims picking up tench from both, did lose a few which I believe were foul hooked. Also picked up perch up to 10ozs and some large
Golden Rudd touching the 1lbs mark. Come lunchtime the sun came out an the actioned slowed for an hour but a stray boat came past and ignited the bites. At this time I had about 7 tench in net but I had a bad spell losing 4 on the trot, each time I was snagged. picked up another 4 sporadically but again a succession of big fish did me over. One fish took off Down the canal And bottomed out my black hydro before snapping me just above the hook. Massive swirl in the water- I reckon that was a carp. Image

A few swims down a guy turned up with carp gear, he asked if there were carp around, i advised there are carp in there but not caught Much.

Sure enough after losing one in the weed he hooked into a carp and as Myself and baliff gaz watched him net a huge Mirror carp,in Perfect Nick and tipped the scales at 18lbs 4ozs

I did say perfect nick but It did have a small 18 hook and a small length of line in its mouth, yes you guessed it- this was the fish I'd had on about 2 hrs previously.

At least I got my hook back :D

Another few bigger tench came to the net about 4lbs a piece later on towards the end of the session at 3.30pm. I ended up winning 13-10 but losing ten fish was Not good so I planned to re-visit a few days later with some heavier gear. I also planned to use several different baits never used on the cut. Image

Session 1 net of fish

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Session 2

And so the second session came

Upon me, canal was much clearer but there was a slight ripple. Again I set up two rigs this time red hydro with 5lbs
Line straight thru and a 16 Solid with 4lbs straight thru both to 16 kamasan animal hooks. I had a few worms left, I also took luncheon meat, chick peas and another unusual mystery bait. Image It was a slower start picked up a few perch before 3 tench all around the 4lb mark and a bream
About 3lbs all on meat.

A switch to another bait resulted in superb action as I had tench queueing up on the one swim and big bream in the track swim. I also managed to lose a big tench in a snag and get snapped by another big carp. I then had my best tench just under 6lbs on chick pea, it came in so easy didn't fight at all. I then concentrated on the bream swim

And had some beauties all around the 5-6lb mark. I had to go at 4pm otherwise I would have stayed till dark. An amazing days fishing, finished with 16 tench and 14 bream for an estimated 140lb bag.

Session 2 net 1

Session 2 net 2

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

A couple of red letter days you had there Yamo - nice one Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Well done Yamo! Image

Now that's what I call a net of fish!

How far up the Common wer ya>
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Nice one Paul.........13 - 10 !!!! if it had been a boxing match it would have been stpped earlier Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

What a days fishing that's what dreams are made of ! Can't wait until tomorrow even if I get two or three Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Well done Paul Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »