If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 7 2012 - Bagging at Border??????

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Just to buck the recent trend, :P here’s the results of the latest Cashmores Curse match fished on the Meridian Canal at Border Fishery.

Gorra say, as I pegged out, it looked very ‘nice’ – especially the pegs in the 30s and 40s which showed the most signs of fish activity. We were allocated peg 10 to 50, but not having discs running upto 50, used our pegs 1 – 24, spread round the canal.

The canal was very well sheltered apart from a stretch of pegs running from about perm peg 15 to 27, where it was a tad blowy............daint fancy that bit at all Image and with pegs 50 to 40 (also having some form according to results on the Border web site) being relatively close walking wise, that’s where I secretly wanted to be........... Image

But it wasn’t to be.................as I pulled out our peg 10 which turned out to be perm peg 24 in ‘windy alley’ Image

The plan – fish pellet with corn back up over micros with a gb line for those bremes which would ‘boost up the weight’. Image 6 rigs were set up – 5 with 3.3 or 3.6lb rigs, 1 with a slightly beefier 4.6lb in old money just incase of any ‘stampers’ Image

Lines were fed and first look in on line A across with the pellet and it buried straight away. ‘Hey this pellet caper’s a doddle’ I thought to myself Image although I failed to connect with owt Image

Another couple of bites followed, but again nowt hooked. A look on the gb line just produced an early solitary small roach to beat the dreaded DNW whilst Big Geoff a couple of pegs away to my right was having fish after fish..............all on caster...........or so he told me near the end

Heinzer to his right was also putting a few together. After 2 hours I quizzed Heinzer ‘Got 5lb yet Heinzer?’ – ‘Yep’ was the response whilst I’d got probably a lb – 2 x 4oz stockies and a goldfish...........not to mention that 1oz roach. MGB to my left was fairing worse, owning upto 8oz :'(

At 12.30pm – virtually half way through I decided to get the camera out and take a pickie or two.......

Here’s my peg

Looking to my right........

And to my left

MGB in action.......

And Glyn owning upto to struggling a bit too........

Now that little stretch of the legs did serve a purpose as Glyn advised of a conversation that he’d had a little earlier with one of the Border regulars who wandered along the section........ Image

So I returned to my peg and decided to ‘change’ things......................and out came the cut gear Image

To avoid boring you any further, suffice to say the cut rig wheedled out a few although it was a little hairy at times ........... Image

And here’s those results you’ve all been waiting for

PEG
1 MICK KENN 1.0.0
2 BRAMBLES 12.4.0
3 HAHA 22.12.0
4 ZORRO 13.0.0
5 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW
7 ROBERTO 4.0.0
8 HEINZER 9.4.0
9 BIG GEOFF 28.10.0
10 TK 14.10.0
11 MGB 1.8.0
12 GLYN 7.4.0
13 KOD 18.0.0
14 YAMO 17.10.0
15 MIKE ELCOCK 17.4.0
16 DAZ WILLIAMS 5.10.0
18 RICH C 18.10.0
19 COTTI 14.4.0
20 JOSH aka THE MILKY BAR KID 14.8.0
21 TRICAST62 30.0.0
24 MR V 15.0.0

Verdict?

AOK – we didn’t bag up – that’s par for the course for us- but a very pleasant venue, where the officers running Border ‘let you get on with it’, trusting you to respect their fishery with no interference. Image

A ‘decent’ match and a venue that I’d return to, so would a few others from comments I heard – so a big thumbs up for Bay Malton from me on behalf of Cashmores Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Nice write up Mr TK :)

Would love to fish that venue again definatly next year ! Image

had great company with mr tricast and cotti either side Image
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Good write up Tony Image just a pity the fish didn't play their part for you.
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

well were to start after talkin to MrV thy decided to fish three lines .Line 1 were tight to stick ups on far bank where flurted shells in every couple of mins for first half hour while thy fished down track which give up one fish and that were that nowt else come from their line 3 were down left hand near edge which also gave up one fish thinkin to me sen this is gonna be hard work so over thy gose to fish stick ups bang thy,s in to small fish so flurtin the shells had worked so decided to put pot of chop in and fish dead red mag on hook with small bits of worm sore better fish turn up and stuck with it .I must thank Mr V though for puttin though of firein shells tight over be fore match had started and also for sendin his bl**dy ducks round to slow me down  Image brill read TK and top class either side on me brill very nice venue an all  Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Nice to see your time management skills have improved since leaving your proper job and we aren't waiting a week or more for our reports Image

Well, what a day that turned in to. 2 empty pegs either side of me, but no breese or ripple :-/
Tri cast came legging it up to me just before the off and shook my hand uttering those immortal words " just want to congratulate you on todays win before we start" Image Image Now this is a new "dirty" trick to me, and I am going to have to think of a revenge tactic for my fellow Yorkie Image
Started off on the pellet, and had a few Rudd and Roach with one bonus F1 about 12 oz. Kept flirting a few casters over to the reeds looking to have a bagging session later, but after an hour of small fish on the pellet, slipped a caster on, shipped over and it daint even settle...another F1 Image Then it all started to go a bit "Pete Tong". There must have been about 12 ducks appeared from god knows where, and descended on my far bank swim. They were climbing up the bloody rushes picking off the casters I had shot up the bank ::) No probs thinks I, I will pot the casters in and make sure none go up the bank.....I wish. Every time they saw me sliding the pole out, they sat there waiting for me to drop the bloody casters in their mouths, it was like something off Springwatch where the daddy bird flies in with a gob full of food, and 12 heads shot upwards with their mouths wide open waiting for their food :o I have never seen such well trained birds Image trashed a couple of rigs trying to scoot them out of the peg before feeding, which wasted more time. To cap it all, a bloody Pheasant kept popping its head through the rushes spooking the ducks, and turning the swim into a turbulent mess as all the ducks shot out of the peg for a minute. Image It was a lovely venue, and one I would hope we can visit again some time. Well done Tricast, great win mate Image Image
DEAD_PEG

Unread post by DEAD_PEG »

MR V i love my remote controlled ducks Image Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

MR V i love my remote controlled ducks Image Image Image Image

If you had been there I would have known you were behind it Image Image Image Image