If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Wigston A.S. Pairs League - Round 3 GUC

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Nursey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Wigston A.S.

Unread post by Nursey »

Wigston A.S. Pairs League – Round 3 GUC Kilby Bridge 4th March (20 pegs)

Steve Oakes and son Joe Oakes made it a one-two in the 3rd round of this pairs event.

Winner Steve, went for a big fish approach fishing worm and caster long to a reedbed to tempt two good Tench and some Skimmers to finish well clear on 16lb 1oz
Son Joe, fished his favourite hemp to take an all roach net totalling 8lb 12oz.
3rd placed, Paul Taylor had a mixed net of fish in his 5lb 12oz to punch and worm ahead of 4th place Wayne Hammond on 5lb 8oz,

Pairs on the Day:
1st Wayne Hammond & Steve Oakes 4pts
2nd Paul Taylor & Adam Nurse 7pts

Pairs League to date:
1st Wayne Hammond & Styeve Oakes 18pts
2nd Pete Wootton & Mark Roberts 22pts
3rd Pete Jayes & Joe Oakes 27pts

Next round is Sunday 18th March, individual anglers welcome.

Please note that the Leicester Canal Champs will now take place on Sunday 25th March.
Cheers
Nursey Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

that was a rough day weather wise i got it a bit wrong elastics must of been a little to tight as lost 3 skimmers all over a lb which should have put me second Image.next didnt read the day right as i had all 4 swims primed up with feeding fish of good quality i like to only take a few fish early keeping the best for later big mistake as temperature dropped rapid around 11 knocking the large fish on the head i could of doubled my weight in the first hour if i had plundered the pegs at the start i might have killed them off but i knew the weather was going to get colder so should have taken the gamble Image.iam really mad about fu#king a good peg i will probaly never get again Image.top marks to joe for 9lb roach on far side on hemp on a freezing very windy day good angling 8-)the top performance must go to dan who won his section yet got that cold he went to macdonalds for an hour in the match to warm up wot a star well done dan Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

where did you draw hammo and did the 16lb come from the basin
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

the 16lb came after the basin if not for the dramatic drop in temperature this would have been a great match .i drew one above the bridge a flyer think you had it once.the colour is great at the minute and pleasure anglers getting double figures from most pegs think next match will be kilby dont no about champs they have not decided yet they are opens we cant dictate how meny will fish like i said last year why cant wigston your league and harbourough all get together and fish 2 on each venue and get some big matches back Image
phy8dop

Unread post by phy8dop »

Cheers Wayne! I have just about got the feeling in my hands back. What a grim day. Not the best day to loose my brolly!

Joff - the winning weight came from the first peg where the canal returns to normal width. Steve was fishing about 14m pretty tight against the reeds.
I was one peg to the right where it was probably 18m to the reeds, so the reeds were out of range for me.
I caught my fish down the track at about 6m. Mainly in the first hour though, I was too cold to concentrate after that, plus I think the fish had shut up shop.
The rest of the basin didn't do very well. I had 5lb, the next two has a couple of pounds each.

Wayne - did you win the canal champs the year before last? I have got the trophy and its not been engraved with whoever won it 2009/2010. I spoke to Adam about getting it done....we just need to know who it was.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

i saw choppy weigh some monster perch there the other year :o :o :o :o
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

i have won it dan but havnt got a clue when not that concerened really mate i know i won it thats all that counts mate :D